• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2019 Panic Buying

Might be running slightly low on some projectiles I need for upcoming matches, so if in stock should probably order as I'm sure there will be at least some madness involved.

I’m thinking that those $400-$600 ARs that GrabaGun always have will be flying out of their warehouse today.

How much do you guys stock up until you say, "that's enough" to last you through panic season. I'm comfortable with everything but my .223 which is at about 80 left (haven't used that in months tho)

How much do you guys stock up until you say, "that's enough" to last you through panic season. I'm comfortable with everything but my .223 which is at about 80 left (haven't used that in months tho)
figure at least 1k rounds for everything?
Now if your talking to have enough ammo for range fun with a hording epidemic going on .... take what you know you shoot per year now , double it and then a triple amount to be sure.
For having enough ammo to go to the range when buying frenzies are in full swing I switch to shooting 22lr as its easy to stock up both minimal money and space.

Now for SHTF ? depends on the level of logistics. Leaving home? Hoe much can you carry TOTAL. what about water? Food. Do you think you have a good network of friends that can pull their shit together?
Do you really think you can get in your car and head for the hills "when" TSHTF?

I did an inventory last night and am at nearly 1K rounds per caliber. I still feel a bit light. I'm probably going to place an order with TSUSA on some .308 this week.

Last edited:
Now for SHTF ? depends on the level of logistics. Leaving home? Hoe much can you carry TOTAL. what about water? Food. Do you think you have a good network of friends that can pull their shit together? Do you really think you can get in your car and head for the hills "when" TSHTF?

First of all, to head for the hills, you will need to know the folks who live in the hills and know them really well, otherwise they will just shoot you on sight when they see you wandering around their hills.

3 years or more of reloading components for stuff I shoot makes me feel comfortable. I started reloading during the 2013? drought and remember how painful that was.

Nothing should ever be done due to panic anything, if it is you’ve been doing it wrong all along.

I’ll also never understand people’s need to list online, much more-so these days, about all of their stock or supplies.

You inevitably get several posters trying to outdo each other with their entire list, still thinking it’s funny or that it moves them up the cool guy list of a forum by stating how much ammo they’re stocking or whatever.

Especially these days, the only thing you’re actually accomplishing is being moved to the top of the list for the Feds to start digging into you to see if you’re nuts or not, and if they decide you are, good luck to you.

POTUS said it this morning, the internet will be f***ing scoured looking for flags of anything that seem not right (to them).

The days of internet Wild West are long gone, now it’s internet hugely invasive investigative tool and the major suspects are legal gun owners as far as any of them are concerned.

Loose lips sink ships MF’s. Just my .02, all the online tough guys always posting threatening messages if anyone comes for their guns and Molon Labe and all that BS, stupid, immature and shows a complete lack of situational awareness for society today. You may as well just call and turn yourself in for being a future threat because that’s what they’ll see all day long.

Shitty? Of course it is, but it’s an unfortunate reality right now.

I still have not shot most of what I bought during the 2008 panic buy. Although I do get worried about 22.... I am down to 20k rounds or so.

Nothing should ever be done due to panic anything, if it is you’ve been doing it wrong all along.

I’ll also never understand people’s need to list online, much more-so these days, about all of their stock or supplies.

You inevitably get several posters trying to outdo each other with their entire list, still thinking it’s funny or that it moves them up the cool guy list of a forum by stating how much ammo they’re stocking or whatever.

Especially these days, the only thing you’re actually accomplishing is being moved to the top of the list for the Feds to start digging into you to see if you’re nuts or not, and if they decide you are, good luck to you.

POTUS said it this morning, the internet will be f***ing scoured looking for flags of anything that seem not right (to them).

The days of internet Wild West are long gone, now it’s internet hugely invasive investigative tool and the major suspects are legal gun owners as far as any of them are concerned.

Loose lips sink ships MF’s. Just my .02, all the online tough guys always posting threatening messages if anyone comes for their guns and Molon Labe and all that BS, stupid, immature and shows a complete lack of situational awareness for society today. You may as well just call and turn yourself in for being a future threat because that’s what they’ll see all day long.

Shitty? Of course it is, but it’s an unfortunate reality right now.

What cams said.

3 years or more of reloading components for stuff I shoot makes me feel comfortable. I started reloading during the 2013? drought and remember how painful that was.
This! I also started reloading around that same time. I had plenty of powders that I bought leading up to when I started but never got around to buying primers. Definitely overpaid for primers at the time.

I'm stocked on rifle powders/bullets that should last me many years at the rate I shoot 30-06, 223, and 7.5x55 swiss.

9mm is what I shoot the most of and I've got a good amount of primers and powders on hand. I don't worry much about bullets as there's so many damn companies making them that I doubt I'll have to worry about getting my hands on them...

Stocked on components for 357 and 44 mag though it wouldn't hurt to get more 44 bullets...

Last edited:
I still have not shot most of what I bought during the 2008 panic buy. Although I do get worried about 22.... I am down to 20k rounds or so.
I've got some much damn 22 (bought in 2011ish) that I doubt I'll ever shoot in my lifetime. I just don't shoot it very often but know I should hold onto it for the time being.

My rule is to have 1000 rounds per firearm for the usual suspects, and 5000 for my EDC and go-to main rifles.

Not 1000 per caliber.

Current or over on everything but .50, and still stocking ahead...

Every order I get from Target lately
I throw on one or two .50 BMG.
Can't beat that price around here.

upload_2019-8-5_12-31-12.png

Public Service Announcement: Check the Compliance/Permit section in your Target Sports Account to make sure you license is up to date prior to placing an order.

Back
Top Bottom