2020 CMP M1 Garand Clinic OCSA , SEASON is OVER

mac1911

NES Member
Was a good season

NEVER SHOT A GARAND? WANT TO TRY? COME DOWN!
MATCH READY RIFLES ARE AVAILABLE FOR USE.

LINKS TO SCHEDULES FOR CMP GAMES. THERE IS ALWAYS A SECONDARY MATCH RUNNING WITH THE M1 GARAND CLINIC/MATCH

Click on flyer below to see other events
Modern Military-ARs, M1a, 308 M1. FAL, SKS, AK , and other semi auto military style rifles
Vintage- All bolt action military style foreign and non springfield US service rifles
SpringField Match- 1903/A3 as issued match

Also if you have a rilfe you want to shoot under match conditions come on down. As long as there is room on the line you can shoot. You just shoot what is called "out of competition" so no trinkets for you.

CLICK ON THE GARAND SCHEDULE BELOW TO SEE THE OTHER FLYERS
If you have questions about the match and facilities please contact the match director on the flyer, general questions can be asked here in the thread

M1 Garand Clinic/Match
<iframe src="
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_fZ0I64isLbCP1BD2S3-uuWrp2w00d26/preview
" width="640" height="480"></iframe>

Modern Military Match-AR,M14,SKS,AK,HAKIM,SVTs, 308 Garands + almost any semi auto close to a original military issued rifle
<iframe src="
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mGOju-m9gDjtu9QM3ZriLp2ZbMi-1lH9/preview

1903/1903a3 Springfield
<iframe src="
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SFUCjqQvELKsjQggROzTCF7aUExzOOBX/preview

Vintage Military = Any vintage military bolt action in "as issued" configuration
<iframe src="
View: https://drive.google.com/file/d/17-HqJss-3tt8LU6EdK8jfj_F9khcuMD0/preview

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=73&v=2dXA9A5jY1E&feature=emb_logo

Last edited:
It'll be tough to shoot prone in a body condom in April, but I'll be driving out from Indiana for the May match as long as we're through the thick of it by that time.
you did not train to shoot with a gas mask?
the corn or soybean flu will be running through by then! corn boy

Hi M. Yeah I got an email and I had called a few weeks before that and spoke with Lindsay(?) She explained that their guy who cuts the material had been injured and was expected to return to work later that month (Feb) I haven't called or heard from them since...
Mike

Just for the record, I ordered mine at thier "winter sale" which starts usually after Thanks giving. I ordrred min early nov
Came the following may.

Damn, listen to the whiners already. No excuses- OCSA has jackets to loan and who knows- you might not catch anything. [rofl] I have an extra jacket to loan but it's bubba size and you'd definitely catch something.

So April is 'on'? Damn, I have some reload catching up to do if yes. Social distancing in the pits?

Hi M. Yeah I got an email and I had called a few weeks before that and spoke with Lindsay(?) She explained that their guy who cuts the material had been injured and was expected to return to work later that month (Feb) I haven't called or heard from them since...
Mike

And now with the shutdown, we're likely getting pushed out even further. I'm just hoping I have it by National Matches at Perry at this point.

And now with the shutdown, we're likely getting pushed out even further. I'm just hoping I have it by National Matches at Perry at this point.

You going to Perry? I've been thinking about it. Depends on when I get my six million dollar man knee & how I'm doing.

Hell yeah...we're basically neighbors :D

It's a 3.5 hour drive for me. I'm holding off on signing up for matches while I decide what I actually want to compete in...i'm thinking Roosevelt match and all 4 CMP games matches, plus the sniper match on the following monday.

I haven't made a decision if i'm going to do all the service rifle matches this year, or wait until next year when I've actually been into the sport for more than a week.

Per OCSA website April Garand match has been cancelled. No surprise, given the continued shut down status for Mass.
On the plus side this thread reminded me I might try the Swedish Mauser this year. Although I will probably have to go early as who knows when my MA non-res will get renewed with everything going on.

ETA: I'd really like to shoot my FAL but MA's legislative betters have decided to grant you guys a reprieve and prevent me from doing so.

On the plus side this thread reminded me I might try the Swedish Mauser this year. Although I will probably have to go early as who knows when my MA non-res will get renewed with everything going on.

ETA: I'd really like to shoot my FAL but MA's legislative betters have decided to grant you guys a reprieve and prevent me from doing so.

What is this reprieve you speak of?

What is this reprieve you speak of?
Maura and the MA legislature used their crystal ball in the past to see I'd be getting a FAL and banned them by name so that in the future I couldn't use it in an OCSA match, of course...

I guess the May match isn't looking good at this point?

What? Haven't you heard the latest for MA? Charlie Faker ordered us to all hide in our basements and curl up in the fetal position. We're supposed to call a hotline in case anyone in the house touches their face. He'll send a SWAT team to take them to a special quarantine camp in Devens.

IDK about the match but seems doubtful at this point. Any bets how crowded June might be if matches resume?

Depends on the Aromatic content

I bet it smells like AXE.

9947ab2564639679216156fb3aa0dc71.jpg
[rofl]

I have pretty much considered this season a wash.
way things are going be shit wont get going to july.
My daughters spring softball has been cancelled and she will be playing summer ball. Which Im sure every game will be on the same day as matches.

I have pretty much considered this season a wash.
way things are going be shit wont get going to july.
My daughters spring softball has been cancelled and she will be playing summer ball. Which Im sure every game will be on the same day as matches.

Bummer that you will miss matches. Softball games are not too bad- games don't go too long. I enjoyed baseball with the kids. Mostly they played football which was the best- typically only one game a week for youth ball and definitely one game a week for middle school and high school. The absolute worst is any sport than involves tournaments- like wrestling or cheer. Sit there ALL DAY LONG to watch your kid for like 2 minutes.

They grow up fast, so enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom