2021 MA State IDPA Championship Update

Amputee Marksman

NES Member

2021 MA States Update​

Greetings and Happy New Year to all of you. I trust you all had a great holiday season.

The outbreak of Covid last year did a very effective job of wreaking havoc on the IDPA schedule. 2020 was the first year that I did not shoot a sanctioned match or classifier since I started shooting IDPA. I'm sure many of you can say the same thing. The Woburn Action Shooters Leadership team worked extremely hard planning the 2020 MA States and trying to salvage the match. In the end it was not possible.

Fast forward to 2021. We all hoped Covid would be in the rear view mirror and we would be moving forward towards a return to normalcy. Unfortunately that is not the case and in fact Governor Baker has reinstated many of the sanctions and lock downs here in MA.

The timing of the MA States is such that in order to effectively have the match most of the planning and logistics must be completed by mid March or there will not be enough time to do everything. Given the current state of thing we have several important issues that we can't predict the future status of. This includes staffing, lodging for staffing, catering, possibly not being able to use the indoor range and kitchen, limitations on the size of gatherings both indoors and outdoors and finding sponsors. The leadership team has been discussing these issues and looking at the logistics of putting on the match. Given all of the data available to us and also given that some key members of the leadership and planning team have legitimate concerns for their health, myself included, I have come to the decision there will not be a 2021 MA States.

I realize and understand this is not the news a lot of you want to hear. I apologize that we are not going to be able to have the match however I stand by the decision. At the end of the day I need to think of the health and concerns of my staff and everyone who would be involved in the match. I also need to think of the negative financial consequences of canceling the match once we start spending non-recoverable money on the match.

If you have any questions please direct them to me.

Sincerely,
Dave Draper
IDPA Chairman - WSA

Back
Top Bottom