2021 Spring Walls of Steel - Round/Stage count?

allen-1

NES Member
Spring Walls of Steel at Lake Wallum is this coming weekend.

Do you know how many stages/steels? Trying to get an approximate round count.

Thanks.

Its always 6 stages, in my experience the mini and fall walls typically average about 20-25 targets per stage.
Round count is more like 25-30 per stage. I used to take 300 rounds, always brought more than 100 rounds home, but better to have extra and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

Round count is more like 25-30 per stage. I used to take 300 rounds, always brought more than 100 rounds home, but better to have extra and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
Ha, round count is very subjective, and varies from shooter to shooter.
I think it's much more important to know about how many plates there are in each stage, and from that you can "try" to determine the round count. And always remember that if you should miss a plate while shooting, you need to shoot faster to try and make up for it...

I think in Fall Walls last year there were 20-21 plates per stage, and in the Summer Walls before that I think there were about 25 plates per stage. Always bring enough extra in case you have to reshoot a stage.

:)

Thank you all. I'll plan on six stages, 25 pieces per stage. 150 plus misses and possible reshoots.
Unless there have been recent rule changes, there are no reshoots at Walls of Steel. After the beep, if you fire a shot you own the stage. If you just stand there with or without a silly/stupid look on your face, you can ask for a restart.

I always bring 250 rounds. No idea why I came up with that number as I’ve never used anywhere close to that many. However a few years ago a guy on my squad was having lots of trouble with his ammo so for the last two stages I gave him some of my reloads and he burned through all of them with zero malfs.

Tomorrow looks like rain. See you in the pits!

Ha, round count is very subjective, and varies from shooter to shooter.
I think it's much more important to know about how many plates there are in each stage, and from that you can "try" to determine the round count. And always remember that if you should miss a plate while shooting, you need to shoot faster to try and make up for it...

I think in Fall Walls last year there were 20-21 plates per stage, and in the Summer Walls before that I think there were about 25 plates per stage. Always bring enough extra in case you have to reshoot a stage.

:)

And always remember that if you should miss a plate while shooting, you need to shoot faster to try and make up for it...

"can't miss fast enough"

I missed two plates on Smoke and Hope last night on one run. My friends laughed at me.

And always remember that if you should miss a plate while shooting, you need to shoot faster to try and make up for it...

"can't miss fast enough"

I missed two plates on Smoke and Hope last night on one run. My friends laughed at me.
My son would beg to disagree with you. He feels he certainly can miss fast enough, but with hard work and a LOT more ammo (mine, of course) he thinks he can lower the splits between his misses even more.

When he first started shooting “Walls” I had to limit him to 5 mags per stage. That was his ammo “budget” per stage. He either got them all down, or he didn’t.

Back
Top Bottom