• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2022/2023 Upland Hunting

You shooting pheasants during turkey season?
Hey, give @Mesatchornug a break, at least he's not shooting cows during deer season.

Maybe that rooster has a chance at the Westboro WMA. Head west and I don't think it would survive all the predators- coyotes, bobcats, hawks, owls, fishers, bears...

Hey, give @Mesatchornug a break, at least he's not shooting cows during deer season.

Maybe that rooster has a chance at the Westboro WMA. Head west and I don't think it would survive all the predators- coyotes, bobcats, hawks, owls, fishers, bears...

That's the reason I was surprised to see one in Huntington. My club stopped stocking pheasants after work and switched to mornings because we realized we were just giving the coyotes snacks.

Lol...Maybe he thought I meant a gobbler gobbling. It's all good...
Lots of yotes in there. Good luck to him.....

You're too kind. I had gobbler on my mind, and walked right past all the actual information.

You're too kind. I had gobbler on my mind, and walked right past all the actual information.
Yep, ongoing discussion of what are the chances a pheasant is able to holdover from one season to the next. It will usually be the roosters as they are typically MUCH more wiley and tougher than the hens. I almost feel bad about hunting the hens because they are so much more docile than the roosters. I'll bag them anyway, rather than face the look of shame from my friend's GSP. Seriously, that dog gets totally disappointed when he points a bird that flushes then we miss- which is very, very rare.

Back
Top Bottom