2022 NH Critical Gun Bills

Sure and you can hang a sign in your front lawn that's says you're an a**h*** if you want, but most people thankfully aren't and don't.

Seriously - yes it's your right but as a sportsman, if that's your only reason, it's lame.

If my name isn't on the deed, I give zero f***s about what goes on there. If my name isn't on the deed, I have zero standing in calling someone an a**h*** because he posts his property.

Property rights trump hunting eight days a week and that owner doesn't need a reason.

Don't like it? Buy it.

*no, my property isn't posted, although it does have some old and incorrect no trespassing signs by the previous owners.

Sure and you can hang a sign in your front lawn that's says you're an a**h*** if you want, but most people thankfully aren't and don't.

Seriously - yes it's your right but as a sportsman, if that's your only reason, it's lame.

If it ain’t yours, don’t touch it.
Ask permission, if they let you, fantastic.
If not, find someplace else. Don’t get all bent about it. It doesn’t have to make sense to you. That’s the beauty of being an American.

If my name isn't on the deed, I give zero f***s about what goes on there. If my name isn't on the deed, I have zero standing in calling someone an a**h*** because he posts his property.

Property rights trump hunting eight days a week and that owner doesn't need a reason.

Don't like it? Buy it.

*no, my property isn't posted, although it does have some old and incorrect no trespassing signs by the previous owners.

If it ain’t yours, don’t touch it.
Ask permission, if they let you, fantastic.
If not, find someplace else. Don’t get all bent about it. It doesn’t have to make sense to you. That’s the beauty of being an American.

My point is simply - the concept that everyone should just post their land 'cause it's theirs and they can is a nasty one.

Absolutely it's yours and you can and that ought to be your right. Kinda like carrying my favorite rifle through the grocery store - I may reserve the right to do so but am not going to on the basis of that alone.

A lot of the ATV/snowmobile trails, hunting, fishing, shooting spots, many enjoy, the places we played as kids instead of playing video games, all that, are all in some outskirts of private property or accessible by crossing through it. It's good when it stays that way, really for all of us.

Sure - if you got problems, people are tromping around too close to your home,
you don't want people picking off your deer, turkeys, etc then hey maybe you got a reason to. There are many reasons to, just I don't like the attitude that people just should. NH would be a much different place if everyone did..

And the Bedford Bulletin just published a Letter to the Editor in their Jun 30 2022 issue urging citizens to tell Sununu to not sign the bill into law, citing New Hampshire’s “major gaps in public safety laws.” If the Letter title “House Bill 1178 is a leap backward for New Hampshire” is true, we’re doomed 😳

That, and a Letter demanding mandatory vaccinations for the public for COVID and any new and emerging diseases.

And the Bedford Bulletin just published a Letter to the Editor in their Jun 30 2022 issue urging citizens to tell Sununu to not sign the bill into law, citing New Hampshire’s “major gaps in public safety laws.” If the Letter title “House Bill 1178 is a leap backward for New Hampshire” is true, we’re doomed 😳

That, and a Letter demanding mandatory vaccinations for the public for COVID and any new and emerging diseases.

lol

The reaction on reddit has been surprisingly positive. There are the typical sky is falling loonies, but they were reeled in pretty quickly with the simple facts.
Most NH laws mimic federal laws already. This isn't ignoring federal laws. This is simply requiring the feds to use their money/assets to enforce laws which are not specificly in NH revised statutes.

The Bedford Bulletin is a waste of the paper it's printed on. It's 4-5 pages of useless information and the letters to the editor are left wing opinions 9/10 times. I just grab it off the driveway and walk it to the recycling bin now.

Bedford is rich NIMBY Democrats who call themselves Republicans.

Bedford is rich NIMBY Democrats who call themselves Republicans.
Bedford is decidedly purple, ' The Bedford Bulletin, not so much.

Still plenty of dems, and the "Bedford Bulletin" encourages them -- worth noting, however that rag isn't local Bedford any longer; the editor moved to Maine, and the Bulletin (along the rest of the Neighborhood News) got rolled by the Union-Leader long ago.

Bedford is decidedly purple, ' The Bedford Bulletin, not so much.

Still plenty of dems, and the "Bedford Bulletin" encourages them -- worth noting, however that rag isn't local Bedford any longer; the editor moved to Maine, and the Bulletin (along the rest of the Neighborhood News) got rolled by the Union-Leader long ago.
There was also an editorial about mandatory vaccines and a picture of a sheep labeled as a goat. It’s a garbage paper and only good for starting fires or cleaning glass.

Bedford seems split 50/50 politically but the liberals are more likely to be outspoken and advertise it. I don’t ever put political signs on my yard and wouldn’t be caught dead flying tacky Trump flags or obscene “f*** Biden” flags but my political beliefs make the Republicans look like leftists.

Democrats dancing on the graves of murdered students to grind their axe…

AG issues interim guidance to police on state gun law after county sheriffs voice concerns

CONCORD, NH – A trio of New Hampshire county sheriffs urged the state’s Department of Justice to issue guidance on a new state law barring state enforcement of federal firearms laws Thursday, such as the Gun-Free School Zones Act.

In a letter co-written with Democratic legislative leaders Thursday, Strafford County Sheriff Mark Brave and Merrimack County Sheriff David Croft say guidance is necessary to clarify how state and local law enforcement should interpret the new law. The two were joined by Cheshire County Sheriff Eli Rivera and top Democratic legislative leaders at a press conference Thursday morning to voice the concerns that it could interfere with responses to potential active shooters.

But the letter and press conference provoked a frustrated response from the Attorney General’s Office Thursday, which called the public airing of the concerns “extremely irresponsible.”

A spokesman for the office, Michael Garrity, said the office was still finalizing its guidance to law enforcement agencies over how to comply with the law. But it issued a memo stating that the state law would not prevent school officials or law enforcement from taking action against someone deemed to be a threat on a school campus.
The law, House Bill 1178, prohibits state and local officials from enforcing federal firearms laws, agency rules, or executive orders unless those laws or rules also exist in state law. The law also bars officials from cooperating with federal agencies’ investigations or actions against people suspected of federal firearms violations, unless the person is suspected of committing other federal laws or crimes.

The new law took effect June 24, the day it was signed by Gov. Chris Sununu.

Brave and Croft say the law inhibits their ability to enforce the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990, which stops an unauthorized person from possessing a loaded firearm on school property, as well as federal laws prohibiting firearms possessions for people convicted of domestic violence misdemeanors. At the press conference Thursday, Brave said he could not think of any examples of the Gun-Free School Zones Act being used recently, but said it would be helpful to deter an active shooter situation.

In his memo to New Hampshire law enforcement, Attorney General John Formella said that the new law would not affect the ability to report people who appear suspicious or dangerous.

“The principle of ‘see something, say something’ remains a critical component of protecting public safety in our communities, especially in our New Hampshire schools,” Formella wrote Thursday. “Local and state law enforcement officers are empowered to respond to, investigate, and take action with respect to any potential threat to schools pursuant to their authority under the New Hampshire Criminal Code. The passage of HB 1178 does not alter this. If any individual feels threatened or believes that a crime has occurred or is about to occur on school property, with or without a firearm, that person should immediately contact law enforcement by dialing 911, immediately notifying a law enforcement officer, and/or activating their local emergency operations plan.”

The sheriffs have asked for guidance on how school resource officers and departments should respond to an armed person on campus who appears to be a threat but is not breaking state laws. They asked if school administrators and staff, as well as local police officers, might be sued if they take action when there’s a gun on school grounds. And they asked whether the state will “be eligible to accept federal funding from the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act,” the firearms regulations package signed by President Joe Biden in June.

The letter also made comparisons to Missouri, where a new law goes further than New Hampshire by preventing federal agents and state officials from enforcing firearms laws. That law is being challenged by the U.S. Department of Justice; the sheriffs asked whether the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office was concerned about the legality.

“This new law appears to disempower our law enforcement from taking action to prevent firearm tragedies at school, and places our public school educators and staff in the unimaginable position of choosing whether or not to violate state law to protect their students should an individual with a firearm enter the school,” the letter states.

House Democratic Leader David Cote, of Nashua, Senate Minority Leader Donna Soucy, a Manchester Democrat, and Sen. Tom Sherman, a Rye Democrat and candidate for governor, also signed the letter.

Brave, during Thursday’s press conference, noted that the Strafford County Sheriff’s Office has numerous partnerships with the U.S. Marshals, the FBI, the DEA, and the Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC) Task Force Program, in which the office assigns sheriff’s deputies to work with each agency. While the new prohibitions do not affect all of those collaborations, Brave said he wanted more clarity.

“To me there’s still a little bit of gray area, and I’d like to know what direction we’re going in,” he said.

Formella told the Executive Council on June 28 that he believes the new state law is constitutional. He added at that meeting that the department plans to release guidance to law enforcement on how they should cooperate with federal agents under the law moving forward.

“I do believe though that we need to provide guidance to state and local agencies on how to implement this, which we will be working on putting out,” he said then.

Figures! All members of the Communist Party.
You notice they are running their sphincter muscles about the enforcement of the "Gun-Free School Zones Act 0f 1990" Well guess what, that is "Federal Law" that has not been incorporated into the RSA. So, like the Fed's like to say about Border Protection and Illegal Alien Enforcement being theirs and theirs alone so does this. They can't have it both ways.

Brave and Croft say the law inhibits their ability to enforce the Gun-Free School Zones Act of 1990, which stops an unauthorized person from possessing a loaded firearm on school property, as well as federal laws prohibiting firearms possessions for people convicted of domestic violence misdemeanors. At the press conference Thursday, Brave said he could not think of any examples of the Gun-Free School Zones Act being used recently, but said it would be helpful to deter an active shooter situation.
Idiots. New Hampshire already has a "Felon prohibited from possessing" statute. Especially since "Brave could not think of any examples of the 'GFSZA' being used recently". They're also stupid to think that the law could stop a response to a school shooter.

Idiots. New Hampshire already has a "Felon prohibited from possessing" statute. Especially since "Brave could not think of any examples of the 'GFSZA' being used recently". They're also stupid to think that the law could stop a response to a school shooter.
And stupid enough to think any law could stop a determined school shooter.

Dems are lashing out against losses on the legislative, judicial and executive fronts. Blue-State Governors, Sheriffs and Prosecutors are doing nothing Red-State Governors, Sheriffs and Prosecutors don’t do - claiming a people’s mandate to ignore or enforce laws they agree or disagree with.

A Utopian World where the people and government are always fully aligned must be the 9th Circle of Hell - Enslavement. Disobedience is only the 2nd Circle of Hell 😉

Back
Top Bottom