2023 Massachusetts "Omnibus" gun bill

Any point in preemptively reaching out to our reps to argue against this shit, or nah? Yes I know the answer is nah but I like to think logical, well reasoned and supported views can have some weight. Then I wake up and remember where I live. *sigh*

Any point in preemptively reaching out to our reps to argue against this shit, or nah? Yes I know the answer is nah but I like to think logical, well reasoned and supported views can have some weight. Then I wake up and remember where I live. *sigh*
Yeah Ill give Jamie Eldridge a call to help fight against this

Which is fine with me.

I agree: that's the only way good stuff will durably happen here. Passing this bill makes it more likely, not less.
it would be nice if there’s already some other case marinating, that once a court goes hammer on it, would just have a direct downstream effect without having to wait the typical 2+ years though. 🤣

Nothing is being “won” in any ban state unless it comes from the hanmer of a federal court.
Even then, the commie states are simply ignoring the SCOTUS rulings. I give you NY and VT legislatures in the wake of Bruen. They don’t fear their constituents because there are no consequences for violating their oaths of office.

Even then, the commie states are simply ignoring the SCOTUS rulings. I give you NY and VT legislatures in the wake of Bruen. They don’t fear their constituents because there are no consequences for violating their oaths of office.
Yeah but that’s not sustainable and eventually they going to get “checked”. Thankfully they went full retard like under a week after Bruen so it won’t slow down the process….

Yeah but that’s not sustainable and eventually they going to get “checked”. Thankfully they went full retard like under a week after Bruen so it won’t slow down the process….
I sincerely hope you’re right. If we continue to see meat-puppets get elected and re-elected to the White House, eventually we won’t even have the SCOTUS to back us up. Thomas and Alito have to be replaced eventually.

Short term, they win.

Medium to long term, they f*cked themselves. But they don't care, it is all about "today" in politics.

All this junk they try to pull will make it very hard for them to try anything stupid after the courts shut them down.

Short term, they win.

Medium to long term, they f*cked themselves. But they don't care, it is all about "today" in politics.

All this junk they try to pull will make it very hard for them to try anything stupid after the courts shut them down.

Well, that and "appearances' and "virtue signaling". I mean think about it most of the laws politicians pass, and to a greater extent, moonbat politicians rarely if ever "do the thing" or "address the thing" they they were supposed to. It's all about appearances, they just want to appear as though they "did something" even though the thing that they did likely indirectly made whatever problem it was..... worse.... but they, the politicians, know that the average NPC voting retard is too dense to really follow the rabbit all the way down the hole...

Well, that and "appearances' and "virtue signaling". I mean think about it most of the laws politicians pass, and to a greater extent, moonbat politicians rarely if ever "do the thing" or "address the thing" they they were supposed to. It's all about appearances, they just want to appear as though they "did something" even though the thing that they did likely indirectly made whatever problem it was..... worse.... but they, the politicians, know that the average NPC voting retard is too dense to really follow the rabbit all the way down the hole...
Exactly, all about today.

Today, it makes them appear a certain way so they don't care about 5 years from now. Politics is a survival game.

Any politician that speaks long term is dismissed as crazy.

My two are Marc "Check out my ridiculously black toupee" Pacheco and Carol "I never met a Democrap idea I didn't support no matter how looney" Doherty. How either of them get re-elected is beyond me. People be stupid. That's it. Pacheco's been douching the area for the sake of more money in the Bacon Hill coffers for years. Doherty got in a couple of years ago and has voted against any and all bills to actually HELP her constituents. (It didn't help that her opponent in the first election was 25 or something. Bright girl, but no experience in anything at the time.)

So I don't even bother. Hell, I make it a point to support the opponents at every turn. I'd probably give money to a communist running against either of them. So I don't even bother to contact them.

If the people who moved out of MA over the past 20 years due to politics had just stayed, MA would be a bit more balanced. I’m not leaving 🇺🇸🇺🇸
Mass was a lost cause before I was even born. Staying wouldn't have changed a damn thing. Leaving was the best choice I ever made and I don't miss it a bit. I encourage anybody still there to consider moving north and fighting in our last redoubt in the Northeast.

Mass was a lost cause before I was even born. Staying wouldn't have changed a damn thing. Leaving was the best choice I ever made and I don't miss it a bit. I encourage anybody still there to consider moving north and fighting in our last redoubt in the Northeast.
Southern NH is rapidly turning into lib Karen land with the cancerous overflow from MA. Take a look at Washington state. Used to be pretty free, wasn't it? What happened?

Southern NH is rapidly turning into lib Karen land with the cancerous overflow from MA. Take a look at Washington state. Used to be pretty free, wasn't it? What happened?
Exactly why anybody holding out in Mass needs to move up. Mass was hopeless 40 years ago. Obviously I'm talking about similarly minded people in Mass, not the average person. NH can hold out for a little while longer before demographic change does us all in anyway.

If the people who moved out of MA over the past 20 years due to politics had just stayed, MA would be a bit more balanced. I’m not leaving 🇺🇸🇺🇸
Yeah....no.

Most of those people moved probably for a better life with 1/4 of the taxes.....more freedom was just gained thru the process. They are the smart ones.

Telling yourself staying and thinking there is a base here that will fight....is a joke. Look around you, only in Central MA is there any chance of that happening, and other than local, we have absolutely no state political power. Perfect example is that Attorney Generals don't even need to have the legislature make laws here, they just make edicts at the stroke of a pen or word, and 85-90% of dealers fall right in line. There is no large gun owner base here, very few are active. Lots of them are FUDDs and believe in the MA system of gun ownership/licensing.

I look at it the other way. The more people stay and feed the beast their tax money, the more things will get worse for all of us left here. They will and do use that money against us...........

When productive taxpayers move out, and vote heavily with their feet, and the state loses revenue to other states, it sends a clear message.......yes, they can keep moving non paying shitbags in and put them in tent camps, vote by fraud and continually get Dems, but eventually you become Detroit/San Francisco.

Let this state become Detroit/San Fran........let it become somewhere NO one wants to live in.

Last edited:

There aren't enough of them. Hell, I would think that NES New Hampster Squad is about 80% of all of them. LOL

Our gun rights need to come from the USSC not from anything done on Bacon Hill. This is analogous to the Civil Rights era and this is Alamabamala. Those racists were convinced they were 100% right as well back then.

Ban states are where the most important battles are won.
And also, unfortunately, lost. :confused:
There is truth in that statement despite the numerical reality we face. The problem is that the very best fighters on our side are all leaving. The folks left are either too old or too beaten down or just too unwilling to fight the Godless bastards that want to disarm us. :(

And also, unfortunately, lost. :confused:
Take for example the recent MA court decision that having an LTC is no longer an affirmative defense to a carry charge, but the lack of an LTC is something the Commonwealth must prove. Burden shifting back in the right direction.

BUT..... the court went out of its way to rule that Bruen does not cover >10 round magazines. It was a stealth attack which appear to acknowledge the right but attempt to redefine it.

Last edited:
Yeah....no.

Most of those people moved probably for a better life with 1/4 of the taxes.....more freedom was just gained thru the process. They are the smart ones.

Telling yourself staying and thinking there is a base here that will fight....is a joke. Look around you, only in Central MA is there any chance of that happening, and other than local, we have absolutely no state political power. Perfect example is that Attorney Generals don't even need to have the legislature make laws here, they just make edicts at the stroke of a pen or word, and 85-90% of dealers fall right in line. There is no large gun owner base here, very few are active. Lots of them are FUDDs and believe in the MA system of gun ownership/licensing.

I look at it the other way. The more people stay and feed the beast their tax money, the more things will get worse for all of us left here. They will and do use that money against us...........

When productive taxpayers move out, and vote heavily with their feet, and the state loses revenue to other states, it sends a clear message.......yes, they can keep moving non paying shitbags in and put them in tent camps, vote by fraud and continually get Dems, but eventually you become Detroit/San Francisco.

Let this state become Detroit/San Fran........let it become somewhere NO one wants to live in.

High income earners have been leaving NY for years, and how’s that helping? NY just gets worse.

The problem is the left respond to problems by doubling down.

Not just southern. I took my annual summer/fall pilgrimage to Pittsburg last year and was shocked to hear the park ranger tell me they’ve been having problems with a certain demographic from the Lowell/Lawrence area now. Sounds like they typically find a spot on the side of the road, set up shop for a few days, trash the place and then leave. I’ve found the locals up there to be pretty ignorant of what’s going on down on their southern border.

Not just southern. I took my annual summer/fall pilgrimage to Pittsburg last year and was shocked to hear the park ranger tell me they’ve been having problems with a certain demographic from the Lowell/Lawrence area now. Sounds like they typically find a spot on the side of the road, set up shop for a few days, trash the place and then leave. I’ve found the locals up there to be pretty ignorant of what’s going on down on their southern border.

Yeah, IMO, based on my snowmobiling/camping trips to northern NH over the decades, it has been rapidly changing, particularly over the last 10 years, and not in a good way.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F9743ab01-52f4-494a-84d0-00fce8348b06_828x802.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah....no.

1683150831583.png

Generally it's not useful until a bill has been filed, assigned a number, and assigned to a committee. I think all gun bills go to the Committee on Public Safety in the House where it's filed.

If you are going to write or call, make sure that you are registered to vote. If you aren't registered, they will be polite on the phone, but once they are done with the call they're done with you. If you email or mail an actual letter and you aren't registered to vote, they get deleted or shredded.

Back
Top Bottom