• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023 Massachusetts "Omnibus" gun bill

Yeah....no.

Most of those people moved probably for a better life with 1/4 of the taxes.....more freedom was just gained thru the process. They are the smart ones.

Telling yourself staying and thinking there is a base here that will fight....is a joke. Look around you, only in Central MA is there any chance of that happening, and other than local, we have absolutely no state political power. Perfect example is that Attorney Generals don't even need to have the legislature make laws here, they just make edicts at the stroke of a pen or word, and 85-90% of dealers fall right in line. There is no large gun owner base here, very few are active. Lots of them are FUDDs and believe in the MA system of gun ownership/licensing.

I look at it the other way. The more people stay and feed the beast their tax money, the more things will get worse for all of us left here. They will and do use that money against us...........

When productive taxpayers move out, and vote heavily with their feet, and the state loses revenue to other states, it sends a clear message.......yes, they can keep moving non paying shitbags in and put them in tent camps, vote by fraud and continually get Dems, but eventually you become Detroit/San Francisco.

Let this state become Detroit/San Fran........let it become somewhere NO one wants to live in.
This is what currently sucks for me. Both of my parents are still here in MA and my wife's family is in RI. My parents are are getting up there in age and I wouldn't want to put a burden on my sister to help them by herself as she has 2 children. Also my wife is an only child and her mother and step father are up there in age too. Maybe down the road I can move to someplace like Vermont, Arizona, Montana etc. and get out of this $h!t hole libtard state...

Last edited:
I feel your pain. We would have been out of here several years ago except my MIL needed some level of support and my SIL was useless.

This is what currently sucks me. Both of my parents are still here in MA and my wife's family is in RI. My parents are are getting up there in age and I wouldn't want to put a burden on my sister to help them by herself as she has 2 children. Also my wife is an only child and her mother and step father are up there in age too. Maybe down the road I can move to someplace like Vermont, Arizona, Montana etc. and get out of this $h!t hole libtard state...

Yeah I always envy the people who can move away with little to no care about leaving this state in the rear view....
If it weren't for our elderly parents, our children and/or our grandchildren living here, Massachusetts would be quickly drained of at least 50% of it's non-welfare, non-illegal population. 🤔

Our kids live in the south (TX, SC), all four of our parents are gone, SIL lives in TX (we'll do everything possible to avoid her), my sister lives half the year in FL. Most of my wife's friends spend at least half the year in FL as well.

There really isn't a lot holding us here. I just have to keep pushing my wife to clear the crap out of the house and interview two possible real estate agents.

Yeah I always envy the people who can move away with little to no care about leaving this state in the rear view....

Our kids live in the south (TX, SC), all four of our parents are gone, SIL lives in TX (we'll do everything possible to avoid her), my sister lives half the year in FL. Most of my wife's friends spend at least half the year in FL as well.

There really isn't a lot holding us here. I just have to keep pushing my wife to clear the crap out of the house and interview two possible real estate agents.
Hopefully the move happens sooner rather than later for you.

View: https://twitter.com/RonMariano/status/1550178642134704128

Someone (with twitter) should respond to his post as such:

Statement from Speaker of the house:
------
Though the High Court has determined your rights to self-protection and possession of common firearms and accessories are in fact legal; we've decided, in adhering to our long history of dis-allowing certain inalienable rights, to make an end-run around the ruling and the law in order to sustain these illegal activities which deprive our citizens of their rights.
We hope you continue to applaud our efforts to deprive you of these rights and vote in favor of our legislation.

Your Humble Servant,
Speaker of the hizzy

I've been in touch with a few legislators in MA since the beginning of the year. The consistent responses I've gotten in regards to what MA is looking to pass/where it will focus are the following:

1. "Ghost Guns" and PMF. This is because law enforcement is supposedly having a tough time with guns being untraceable. Options on the table are to strengthen penalties for PMFS for unlicensed people all the way to prohibiting the ownership of blueprints/schematics that would be used in 3D printing a firearm. Obviously a 2A and 1A constitutional issue, but I doubt MA cares. In other words, they want to prohibit anyone from making a PMF.

2. Carry laws. Seems to be a call for more restrictions on where people can carry. Why? Because it makes it easier for law enforcement to know that, if gun violence does occur in the area, it's a "bad guy with a gun," thus making their job easier.

3. I've only heard this once, but worth noting: eliminating the sale of "preban" magazines.

4. Collecting more data...whatever that means.

I think this is reflective in the Speaker's statement. I've heard nothing in relationship to further assault weapons bans or anything of that nature, nothing to address private sales. Ghost guns as a legislative priority seem to have universal consensus.

Best thing any pro-2A resident can do is register to vote if not already, support organizations like GOAL that will try to limit the forcefulness of the bill, and let politicians know they don't have your vote or money. This is truly the only thing they respond to.

I've been in touch with a few legislators in MA since the beginning of the year. The consistent responses I've gotten in regards to what MA is looking to pass/where it will focus are the following:

1. "Ghost Guns" and PMF. This is because law enforcement is supposedly having a tough time with guns being untraceable. Options on the table are to strengthen penalties for PMFS for unlicensed people all the way to prohibiting the ownership of blueprints/schematics that would be used in 3D printing a firearm. Obviously a 2A and 1A constitutional issue, but I doubt MA cares. In other words, they want to prohibit anyone from making a PMF.

2. Carry laws. Seems to be a call for more restrictions on where people can carry. Why? Because it makes it easier for law enforcement to know that, if gun violence does occur in the area, it's a "bad guy with a gun," thus making their job easier.

3. I've only heard this once, but worth noting: eliminating the sale of "preban" magazines.

4. Collecting more data...whatever that means.

I think this is reflective in the Speaker's statement. I've heard nothing in relationship to further assault weapons bans or anything of that nature, nothing to address private sales. Ghost guns as a legislative priority seem to have universal consensus.

Best thing any pro-2A resident can do is register to vote if not already, support organizations like GOAL that will try to limit the forcefulness of the bill, and let politicians know they don't have your vote or money. This is truly the only thing they respond to.
There is now precedent on owning an image of a machinegun component is a machinegun with the autokeycard convictions.
Mass making possession of information illegal isn't a far fetched idea.

Carry laws. Probably a variation on the "sensitive" places laws NY and NJ passed. Some of which will fall on litigation. I can see ALL public buildings being prohibited places and some sort of binding signage law for private property being enacted.

No guns in City or Town Halls, police stations, public libraries, bars, package stores, etc...

Some of which will stand.

If a binding signage law is passed, I see a forest of signs popping up.

Carry laws. Probably a variation on the "sensitive" places laws NY and NJ passed. Some of which will fall on litigation. I can see ALL public buildings being prohibited places and some sort of binding signage law for private property being enacted.

No guns in City or Town Halls, police stations, public libraries, bars, package stores, etc...

Such restrictions will encourage mass murderers to attack these gun free zones.

If these places only have evil men that carry guns, how are the good people suppose to defend themselves and their families?

Such restrictions will encourage mass murderers to attack these gun free zones.

If these places only have evil men that carry guns, how are the good people suppose to defend themselves and their families?
In MA, nobody is supposed to defend themselves . . . call 911 and die while waiting.

The current governor stated as such when she was AG!

Concealed means concealed. Big boy rules, and all that.

Daily, I become less and less interested in what my "elected public servants" want me to do.

Going to prison and becoming a Prohibited Person are two things not on my "bucket list." If you feel otherwise, that's your business.

Concealed means concealed. Big boy rules, and all that.

Daily, I become less and less interested in what my "elected public servants" want me to do.

How is this enforceable? Do they know how the internet works? What about those of us that can (and have) designed and built their own stuff from scratch? Are they going to have anyone with a Mech E degree line up for a lobotomy? God I can't wait to leave.

How is this enforceable? Do they know how the internet works? What about those of us that can (and have) designed and built their own stuff from scratch? Are they going to have anyone with a Mech E degree line up for a lobotomy? God I can't wait to leave.
It's not meant to be enforceable. It's meant to "send a message", aka, it's virtue signaling.

It's not meant to be enforceable. It's meant to "send a message", aka, it's virtue signaling.

This exactly. It's just like the bayonet lug thing or the "you can only have such-and-such amount of gunpowder" thing. It exists so that politicians can say, "we did something!" without having to actually do anything.

View: https://twitter.com/RonMariano/status/1550178642134704128

Someone (with twitter) should respond to his post as such:

Statement from Speaker of the house:
------
Though the High Court has determined your rights to self-protection and possession of common firearms and accessories are in fact legal; we've decided, in adhering to our long history of dis-allowing certain inalienable rights, to make an end-run around the ruling and the law in order to sustain these illegal activities which deprive our citizens of their rights.
We hope you continue to applaud our efforts to deprive you of these rights and vote in favor of our legislation.

Your Humble Servant,
Speaker of the hizzy

Screenshot_20230505_130815.jpg

This exactly. It's just like the bayonet lug thing or the "you can only have such-and-such amount of gunpowder" thing. It exists so that politicians can say, "we did something!" without having to actually do anything.

And for when law enforcement ends up in your life for something unrelated (like a medical emergency), it can be found. It’s not meant to be enforced and preventive, it’s meant to scare people into complying and for and then haphazardly charge people who get jammed up on something else. No positive impact on public safety.

For instance, reason now to seize and search hard drives if you’re jammed up with a PMF?

And for when law enforcement ends up in your life for something unrelated (like a medical emergency), it can be found. It’s not meant to be enforced and preventive, it’s meant to scare people into complying and for and then haphazardly charge people who get jammed up on something else. No positive impact on public safety.

For instance, reason now to seize and search hard drives if you’re jammed up with a PMF?
Just an FYI, if the PD are in your home for something like a medical, if something is in plain sight, that item and it's criminal nature must be readily apparent for the plain view doctrine to be in effect. I'm not in favor of these fishing expeditions, just passing the info along.

Just an FYI, if the PD are in your home for something like a medical, if something is in plain sight, that item and it's criminal nature must be readily apparent for the plain view doctrine to be in effect. I'm not in favor of these fishing expeditions, just passing the info along.
That, plus? TPTB know full well that, like Healy’s completely extralegal AWB “interpretation,” post-Bruen courts will likely rule against the substance of these new laws… IF they’re prosecuted.

So. Why prosecute?

There have been plenty of such situations in MA where gun owners have gotten jammed up as a result of items in plain sight.

That, plus? TPTB know full well that, like Healy’s completely extralegal AWB “interpretation,” post-Bruen courts will likely rule against the substance of these new laws… IF they’re prosecuted.

So. Why prosecute?
I don't believe they should prosecute, I'm just saying most cops don't know the ins and outs of the current gun laws, so they couldn't know if something was readily apparent or not.

Back
Top Bottom