• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023- NH Legislation

And how is HB144 going to fly with Federal law superceding it?
similar to the MA situation where the FRB restores a persons's rights, which allows them to get an LTC and carry in MA. But they are still Fed PP. They can't buy a gun from a dealer but they can FtF. There may have been a court case that changed this situation recently. But it really only worked because the Fed chose not to file charges and prosecute. Prosecution is usually the local DA and they aren't motivated to go forward with something that is specifically legal in the state.

I like HB31 and gave it a thumbs up on the remote sign in thing.

I want to like HB144, but I have a poor understanding of the current law and my head keeps going back to 'don't be a felon'. Even a non violent one such as what this bill speaks for. Yes, I know there are a lot of shitty little things that can happen to make someone a felon. I do concur that NH law shouldn't mimic the feds, and to let feds do fed stuff while NH looks after what is best for NH.

I like HB31 and gave it a thumbs up on the remote sign in thing.

I want to like HB144, but I have a poor understanding of the current law and my head keeps going back to 'don't be a felon'. Even a non violent one such as what this bill speaks for. Yes, I know there are a lot of shitty little things that can happen to make someone a felon. I do concur that NH law shouldn't mimic the feds, and to let feds do fed stuff while NH looks after what is best for NH.
Just think about the federal gun free school zone act: NH does not have any such thing, and doesn't even define "school zone". The closest thing we have, is requiring schools to have a disciplinary process for students who possess a dangerous weapon (including on buses or at bus stops), but even that is not a crime.

We have a previous AG ruling that NH police can't enforce the federal GFSZA, because there is no violation of state law.

That includes all of those carrying without any license while passing through a federal "school zone": we're all potential felons, but no one cares. Not even the feds, because the GFSZA is just a stacking charge, never used except pour encourager les autres, and to encourage the one charged to "get down first" and plead out while snitching.

More bills in our favor.
HB498
Session Year: 2023
Title:
requiring fish and game officers to obtain a warrant to conduct a search and seizure.
General Status:
HOUSE
House Status:
IN COMMITTEE
Senate Status:

Next/Last Hearing:
House Criminal Justice and Public Safety
1/27/2023 at 10:45 a.m. Location: Legislative Office Building Time: 10:45 a.m.

For that bill, if the prime sponsor was reading this and was to speak at the committee hearing, I would recommend he dig up last year's bill try to find the arguments against. HB1091 died in committee.

eta:
Should start around 1:39:55. I'm not smart enough to link it to that time. F&G has lots of arguments against this and speaks to it in this hearing.

Last edited:
For that bill, if the prime sponsor was reading this and was to speak at the committee hearing, I would recommend he dig up last year's bill try to find the arguments against. HB1091 died in committee.

eta:
Should start around 1:39:55. I'm not smart enough to link it to that time. F&G has lots of arguments against this and speaks to it in this hearing.

That erudite representative at 3:00:52 makes a good point. ;)

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/-JbQ-7NpeNg?feature=share&t=10853

Any word on how HB31 and 144 fared today?

HB31 really got me interested in knuckles. By the time it’s voted on I should have picked the right style. Lol
I've been running off prototypes in PLA on the 3D printer, gives me an incentive to melt down some brass and try my hand at casting

Any word on how HB31 and 144 fared today?

HB31 really got me interested in knuckles. By the time it’s voted on I should have picked the right style. Lol
Should have some already. Mine have a bottle opener milled into them, and that is why I have them, to open fgty beers that dont twist off.

WMUR and 'indepth' have articles on both those bills. The idiot's over the top reactions to HB31 are hilarious. I need a sap.

Scrolling through the Senate and House meeting schedules, there are a bunch of bills coming up we might consider supporting or opposing. Please read the bills before taking my word for it. I'm just a fat drunk retired guy.

Anti 2A: HR8, HB158, SB117 and indirectly HR10

Besides the above F&G bills, there a a couple of rear plate only bills, a good bill to end the I&D tax at the end of this year instead of 2027.

Also an amusing bill to rename Little Haystack. I mean we have precedent with the McKinley to Denali swap, but why here? Funny part about this bill is the new name they want is already in use as Australia's highest peak. :rolleyes:

Can't figure out how to embed FB stuff.

and yes, it goes beyond hunting ammo. That AP stuff you bought cheap during a 'panic', yeah you're a felon according to the sponsors. So is grandpa with some black tip in the basement for the past 40 years. Chime in on this stupid bill as it is already illegal to do crime stuff with it. Convenient thing about the House remote testimony is you can actually add comments or upload testimony-be polite when calling these idiots idiots please.

Capture.JPG

WMUR and 'indepth' have articles on both those bills. The idiot's over the top reactions to HB31 are hilarious. I need a sap.

Scrolling through the Senate and House meeting schedules, there are a bunch of bills coming up we might consider supporting or opposing. Please read the bills before taking my word for it. I'm just a fat drunk retired guy.

Anti 2A: HR8, HB158, SB117 and indirectly HR10

Besides the above F&G bills, there a a couple of rear plate only bills, a good bill to end the I&D tax at the end of this year instead of 2027.

Also an amusing bill to rename Little Haystack. I mean we have precedent with the McKinley to Denali swap, but why here? Funny part about this bill is the new name they want is already in use as Australia's highest peak. :rolleyes:
HR 8 and 10 have no value, yes we should fight, but they do nothing.
SB117 HB158 actually cause harm to the gun owners
HB 498 has value:
HB498
Title:
requiring fish and game officers to obtain a warrant to conduct a search and seizure.

HB195 shuts down the ability of gun groups to mail and discuss issues with gun owners

HB195 shuts down the ability of gun groups to mail and discuss issues with gun owners
Huh??? What is the reasoning behind that? Seems like that would be seriously impinging on 1st Amendment rights. Sponsored by Rep. Lane, from Merrimack 16...not surprised, Just another democrat hack.

Last edited:
HB 498 has value:
HB498
Title:
I still can't believe that NH F&G still gets away with this. Good on you guys for trying to rectify this travesty. Why is it that they think they are special and that they are above the US Constitution?

HR 8 and 10 have no value, yes we should fight, but they do nothing.
SB117 HB158 actually cause harm to the gun owners
HB 498 has value:
HB498
Title:

I'm generally against all these resolutions as they aren't NH focused. Anti 2A resolutions I'm doubly against.

There is another resolution this year, reaffirming our support to Puerto Rico. I mean WTF? It's a US territory that gets fed tax dollars from us. What a waste of hot air and printer toner.

Then you have the people that take these things seriously, like that Labranche kid did last year with another dumb resolution about Israel.

HB195 has it's hearing today. They're obviously going after the little guys who send information about candidates. :mad:

ETA: I do need to be careful when I use the remote sign in as far as whether I click support or oppose. I think I got that one right.🙃

Sent text to my state rep. who is also the clerk of that committee, and I let her know my position on today's bills that are before the committee.

Hb 158 is going to be discussed in committee today @ 2:15. Ammunition bill that is vaguely written and would make you a class B felon.
The lead sponsor is a typical Communist Grifter sponging off the political trough. Philip Jones (Communist Ches 3, Keene) is also holding a part time job as a Keene city councilor at $43,576.00 a year. He came here from NJ via Brighton, MA. The other Communist Co-Sponsors are also from Cheshire County.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom