• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2023- NH Legislation

Dumb question, while looking through next week's stuff.

Never mind, I'm a dummy-public session was last week. [sad]

Capture.JPG

Why can't I use the remote sign in here?

I really want to publicly tell these clowns that signing on to California's clean air BS is not a winning move. HB92

Nothing like trying to mimic one of the most expensive states in the nation.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Plan to take time off to be at the state house that day (Feb 8th: Gun Day), invite your own state rep to testify against these bills and take time to meet them.

Last edited:
If I was still a NH resident, I'd be there in a heart beat. I'm now retired so I don't have a boss I need to ask for time off.

Inside sources at the state house had whispered that the anti-gun activists are planning to hold a press conference the morning of Wednesday 2/8 at the LOB (8:30am). We should show up and politely say hi!

Gun bills will be in Reps Hall (2nd floor at the state house), the LOB is the building behind and there will be a press conference at 8:30am by some group, (Not sure which one, trying to get details now).
The gun groups are asking members to show up for this set of hearings.

The lead sponsor is a typical Communist Grifter sponging off the political trough. Philip Jones (Communist Ches 3, Keene) is also holding a part time job as a Keene city councilor at $43,576.00 a year. He came here from NJ via Brighton, MA. The other Communist Co-Sponsors are also from Cheshire County.
Gee, there's a surprise.

Anyone else having issues with the online testimony? It keeps giving me an error that it can’t save my data. Tried about 6 times

There is also a $15 min wage bill up in Senate Commerce tomorrow. SB144

Good fed checkpoint bill on Thursday in the House Crim justice. HB624.

Last edited:
From an internal message regarding the anti-gun press conference on 2/8 at 8:30am:

All DayLobby DayPlease note: This is a huge day for Gun Violence Prevention in the legislation. So in addition to signing in on the bills, we will be joining the Gun Sense NH, Voices of Faith and others for a Press Conference at 8:30 in the LOB and then visibility outside Reps Hall. For those who can, we encourage you to stay for the hearings, give in person testimony and take time to talk with legislators during the lunch break in the State House Cafeteria. There will be lots of resources, mentors and knowledgeable folks available. Meet: 8 am outside the LOB for pre-press conference visibility and info on the day’s actions.

There is also a $15 min wage bill up in Senate Commerce tomorrow. SB144

Good fed checkpoint bill on Thursday in the House Crim justice. HB624.
I prime sponsored that one before (HB579 of 2022).

It's a shame so many Republicans loooove checkpoints so long as they're about immigration.

I prime sponsored that one before (HB579 of 2022).

It's a shame so many Republicans loooove checkpoints so long as they're about immigration.

Overwhelming support in the House last year too. Hopefully the new faces in the Senate can help this one through.

Such a simple thing and only a win for residents.

A shame an R didn't sign onto this bill to make it 'look better'.

The fricken senate trans committee voted unanimously to implement a mandatory OHRV safety course with SB256. It will be floored tomorrow. Looking at the hearing report, a whole bunch of OHRV a**h***s supported this. What am I missing or are they getting kickbacks from the courses?

Sounds like a great way to stomp on OHRV related tourism as it is written now. $35 course which takes four or so hours.

[banghead]

The fricken senate trans committee voted unanimously to implement a mandatory OHRV safety course with SB256. It will be floored tomorrow. Looking at the hearing report, a whole bunch of OHRV a**h***s supported this. What am I missing or are they getting kickbacks from the courses?

Sounds like a great way to stomp on OHRV related tourism as it is written now. $35 course which takes four or so hours.

[banghead]
I just read through what is posted on it, I don't see anything in it like that, has the implementation not been added, or am I a retard?

I just read through what is posted on it, I don't see anything in it like that, has the implementation not been added, or am I a retard?

It's here with all the reports. Current Legislation Search

Implementation is next year.

Full disclosure, I may be exempt from this requirement as I am old.

I'm not super irate about it as it probably does not affect me, but I'm generally in the more laws/restrictions/hoops to jump through is not good.

I just read it, and it seems overly wordy and poorly written. I don't think $35 is going to put any dent at all in OHRV tourism. But it's just enough of a hassle to make things crappy for those who want to do it.

I'm no fan of ATVs or snowmobiles, or jet skis and motor boats, for that matter - I like my woods quiet. But, a lot of people up here depend on these tourists. The crap winter we're having is sure to be putting a huge dent in the paychecks of people who rent rooms or snow machines, with all the other trickle down money that comes in. So let's make things difficult for no particular reason besides making things difficult.

This bill just seems to be random stupidity that would be right at home in Mass. It's getting funny how the old time NH residents are getting more and more for higher taxes and more regulation, while us Free Stater interlopers aren't the threat of "Massing up NH" after all. We've got a warrant to be voted in next month for a $17,000,000 bond for a new school addition (sure, there's state grants and what not) that will boost our already high tax rate. A completely unscientific poll shows zero support for this from those who have moved to town recently, including former Ma**h***s like yours truly. Any support for these higher taxes is coming from the people who've lived in town all their lives, not us flatlanders. Maybe we need all the old timers to move to Mass, where they'll be happy, and leave NH to those who appreciate it.

I am old enough that it doesn't effect me as well, but this is bullshit.

I will contact my reps about this, but I want to make sure I am speaking properly on this, asking them to oppose SB256 is the proper course of action, yeah?

I am old enough that it doesn't effect me as well, but this is bullshit.

I will contact my reps about this, but I want to make sure I am speaking properly on this, asking them to oppose SB256 is the proper course of action, yeah?

I personally am going to wait until it passes the senate tommorow and write the committee it goes to there. I oppose it as it's some dumb nanny state crap.

Hopefully some of the senators may read it and go WTF is this, but I doubt it given the makeup of the sponsors.

I understand that trail clubs are frustrated by azzholes going off trail, ruining property, and costing the club their access to private land.

This would not be the solution, though.

I spent four years watching various industry groups that should favor keeping F&G out of their business, begging "Please spank me harder, Daddy! Can I have more fresh Kiwi?"

Back
Top Bottom