20ga sabots Today if possible.

No reason not to. I have hunted in steady rain with my old percussion side lock and never had a problem. Electrical tape on the muzzle, Saran Wrap under the cap, and Goex BP.

Bob
You think I’d be the same with a CVA Wolf? Never hunted much with a muzzle loader.

I was planning on using my muzzleloader but it’s supposed to pour tm.

You’ll be all right. Keep your barrel pointed down. If you’re that worried about it you can use a finger condom. Or a regular condom. Or cut the finger off of a latex glove over the end of the barrel. Just try to keep the powder dry. Never had an issue.

I use my TC muzzleoaders in the rain all the time, load it and put the primer in and lock it closed in the truck where it's dry and don't open the action.

I have 20g sabot slugs but are in Maine. I can bring them next back next Sunday. I know you need them now but just let me know via PM

I likely have some 12 gauge rifled slugs I could contribute to the cause (at no cost) if anyone hunting this year needs them (I won’t be able to get out myself). Southern middlesex county MA. Not a huge quantity but probably enough to help fill someones tags (10-20 or so but I’d have to dig into the safe to confirm)

Last edited:
I've got a 5 or 6 remington sluggers leftover from my first deer hunt (1980). Free for the taking, near Westfield.

I would check with BG Sporting (Westfield) for sabots.

Back
Top Bottom