• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

20ga. Schrifle™ Ammunition... Not quite a Rifle Not quite a Slug.. It's a "Schrifle"

What the Huckis that???? LOL

I'm trying to figure out why that is any better or worse than a normal slug. I guess it's aerodynamic. But in a standard rifled shotgun bbl, it's been shown the spin imparted is minimal. (Maybe that's rifled slug in a smooth barrel.)

It would need to add order-of-magnitude accuracy to be worth it, I think. What's your average 20ga slug going to do accuracy wise at 50yds?? 2-3"??? I'm not a slug hunter, but I'm wondering if that's a solution looking for a problem.

I'm trying to figure out why that is any better or worse than a normal slug. I guess it's aerodynamic. But in a standard rifled shotgun bbl, it's been shown the spin imparted is minimal. (Maybe that's rifled slug in a smooth barrel.)

It would need to add order-of-magnitude accuracy to be worth it, I think. What's your average 20ga slug going to do accuracy wise at 50yds?? 2-3"??? I'm not a slug hunter, but I'm wondering if that's a solution looking for a problem.
20g sabot in a rifled barrel is accurate enough to kill a deer to 100 yds

I get about 3" group @ 200 yds with my Savage 220 loaded with the 2-3/4" remington acu-tips ... I can never seem to get my hands on the 3" ... I have always been curious though about the Tarhunt's Shriffle and NeoTech... Would love to hear from anyone that had experience with them.

A few years ago Tarhunt made a custom gun for the owner of the Mill for Mass deer hunting. They used a Remington 700 to use .410 slugs thru a rifled barrel and put a good scope on it. Accurate as hell and they claimed that it had the knock down power of .44 Mag. Joe needed it due to the reduced "noise" because of his ear problem. No deer yet, but it's an expensive one-off safe queen/toy. Jack.

I believe it's spelled "Schriffle"...

yayomg-piffle-game-review.jpg

SHotgun + RIFLE ... SHRIFLE .... I think its its meant to mean its the hybrid of the two by having a rifled barrel shooting a bullet that is shotgun calible/shotgun shell

Ok - so now that we have all the fluff and spelling sorted, back to the original question

Has anyone had any real world experience with the ammo, and willing to share?

Accuracy, velocity and terminal performance… what about cleaning?

I had a 20" Browning BPS special field 20 gauge that I scoped, and it shot a 3" group with cheap foster slugs at 100 yards. I'd like to kick myself in the nuts for trading it for a Remington semi auto, which was not nearly as accurate with a rifled cantilever barrel and expensive slugs.

I get a 3" group at 150 yards with my T/C encore, but its a long rifled barrel and shoots hornady sabots especially well.

Back
Top Bottom