21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

Please tell me again how adding a 377th officer in Uvalde would have made children safer.
I appreciate the troll attempt but recall the resource officer was offsite and came back too late. I don’t recall why he was offsite, but imagine if there had been an armed officer on-site who wasn’t a fkng coward.

These officers definitely need to be fired, salvage the ones you can I guess.
Somebody called 911 in my town said that they had a rifle and an explosive device last night

It was quite the response. I wasn’t on site but when I got news of it. I was working..
I saw the helicopter heading downtown.
I also wasn’t aware of this concert either.

I’d like to shadow of the bomb unit for a day job.. I know they deal with a bunch of nothing but you’d hate for that to get interesting..

This is my town as well. Had my scanner on..they were clearing rooftops. Also sweeping the town green area as well as the bushes etc…. Waiting for the bomb unit to show up..

I appreciate the troll attempt but recall the resource officer was offsite and came back too late. I don’t recall why he was offsite, but imagine if there had been an armed officer on-site who wasn’t a fkng coward.
Do you have any evidence that the one assigned actually met this standard?
So far not very many have passed your test.

He arrived within minutes.

Then he waited more minutes, with his buddies, in the hall.

Perhaps if we spent $79B on quality people we could get a few who weren’t cowards.

As it is, it’s $0 for children safety, $79B for IRS enforcers.
As it was, it was however much it costs for 376 local, state, and federal cops to to stand around and do nothing.

You think more money is going to fix the issue of cowardice?

"To be fair, the idea of arming teachers does make some sense; after all, we would be giving the most likely victims of such shootings a chance at successfully defending themselves and their charges. However, the likelihood of such a stratagem working as intended is extremely low, while the possibility of accidents, mishandling, or theft is high.

Best-case scenario: Alarms blare — active shooter in Riverdale Middle School. Mrs. Jones, the seventh-grade math teacher, with a preternatural calm, pulls a Springfield 1911 loaded with .45 ACP from the small of her back or opens a fingerprinted safe behind her desk. The shooter opens the classroom door, and Mrs. Jones has the wherewithal and training to operate the handgun and put seven of seven rounds into center mass, killing the gunman before any evil is done.

Worst-case scenario: A disturbed student or intruder learns where Mrs. Jones keeps her firearm and takes it — or overpowers her and takes it — using the weapon to harm himself or others.

Most likely scenario: Mrs. Jones locks her firearm in her desk, with ammunition in another drawer, to prevent students from stealing her gun. Those drawers are haphazardly filled with educational detritus, as is the way of teachers. Years later (for school shootings are statistically exceptionally rare), an active-shooter situation happens. Whether the shooter can be stopped ends up being a gamble with poor odds: The likelihood that Mrs. Jones is able to access her firearm in time, that the gunman chooses her classroom to barge into, and that she’d be willing and able to use her handgun in the vital first three to five minutes of such a situation is exceedingly low.
"
This article neglects the fact that there are Mrs. Jones on the local PD also. They train maybe once or twice a year besides (or including) qualification. Somehow these female “poorly trained” police officers for the most part manage to carry their firearm without losing it. Sometimes they do, but nobody uses this as a reason to disarm police.

If we can change the way we look at teaching and expect a little more from teachers, this is a no brainer. Allow them if they want, make them qualify and pay for extra training.

This is my town as well. Had my scanner on..they were clearing rooftops. Also sweeping the town green area as well as the bushes etc…. Waiting for the bomb unit to show up..
I already have a hard enough time leaving my post for five minutes cause that’s always when something happens. This little inconsiderate bastard who called in a fake bomb threat made it so I could go take a shit for an hour it was torture…

I really hope they throw the book at whoever it was. My guess is nothings going to happen to him.

Perhaps if we spent $79B on quality people we could get a few who weren’t cowards.

As it is, it’s $0 for children safety, $79B for IRS enforcers.
The current police hiring standards hire 2 types of people. Choir boys or sociopaths. Which is why modern US policing is so f***ed up. "Normal people" get jammed up, turned away or turned off before they are onborded.

Families of Uvalde elementary school massacre victims to file $27 billion class action lawsuit against law enforcement and gun manufacturer Daniel Defense​

Families of Uvalde massacre victims to file $27 billion lawsuit
Update to new UoF policy for Border Patrol. We will not respond to any active shooting situations. If you respond, you are acting out of policy and will face disciplinary action up to and including termination. I'll sit in the corner and wait until that's official. But if they lose money to a lawsuit, that's how they respond. BP didn't have a pursuit policy for almost 20 years, no pursuits at all except for very rare circumstances and the agents knew they were on the hook if it went bad. That policy stemmed from a load vehicle driving through a bunch of kids getting out of school and the pursuit was terminated at the city line, no one was chasing the vehicle when it did it. BP got hit with a XX% responsibility for the accident and had to pay.

Oh well, one less training cycle they have to do each year now.

Update to new UoF policy for Border Patrol. We will not respond to any active shooting situations. If you respond, you are acting out of policy and will face disciplinary action up to and including termination. I'll sit in the corner and wait until that's official. But if they lose money to a lawsuit, that's how they respond. BP didn't have a pursuit policy for almost 20 years, no pursuits at all except for very rare circumstances and the agents knew they were on the hook if it went bad. That policy stemmed from a load vehicle driving through a bunch of kids getting out of school and the pursuit was terminated at the city line, no one was chasing the vehicle when it did it. BP got hit with a XX% responsibility for the accident and had to pay.

And then they'll get sued if the BP is in the area and didn't help/respond....

I’ll say what no one else will.

Your kids aren’t worth my freedom or $20.

f*** off
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a big LE supporter? I'd have a lot more respect for police if they painted this on their patrol vehicles so they're not false advertising like they have for decades.

From "To Protect and Serve" to "To Protect Ourselves" is a lot closer to reality.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a big LE supporter? I'd have a lot more respect for police if they painted this on their patrol vehicles so they're not false advertising like they have for decades.

From "To Protect and Serve" to "To Protect Ourselves" is a lot closer to reality.
I’m not anti police.
I’m anti-left-handed female shooters in my front yard hiding behind my trees and riding in the backseat wearing bracelets instead of in the front seat.

It’s all the no knock no Warrent bullshit that pushed me over the edge..

How f***ing hard is it to just send me a letter in the mail and I’ll see you in court.

That’s not what’s been going on in my life.

It’s the kind of stuff that makes me wonder if I need plates

You think that's coming from the white house?
As in " You guys spoiled our party . Don't do it again ?"

You think that's coming from the white house?
As in " You guys spoiled our party . Don't do it again ?"
It's just the knee jerk reaction to most things. I'm only half joking that policy will be changed. I can tell you the pursuit policy changed in the 90's due to something 'similar' happening (a bunch of kids died through no fault of the agency, they got sued, lost millions).

Back
Top Bottom