• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

For 27 Billion, I probably would have been more precise instead of saying "semi-automatic machine gun".
They might as well have asked for a zillion, as they did for all practical purposes in the Alex Jones case in Connecticut. And got it. They'll never collect it, of course, but it was awarded.

Why not a trillion? How about a million gazillion!

Start the money printer! Society today is so litigious it’s outrageous.

Saw an article yesterday about a housewife who is suing a macaroni and cheese maker because the box says it’s ready in 3.5 minutes and it takes her almost 10 minutes to make it. She’s claiming false advertising. Frivolous at the maximum.

Not for those unwilling to grind their teeth to nubs listening to anti-gun shills.

John Lott testified:

“This past Thursday, I testified before the U.S. House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security. The hearing’s title was: “Examining Uvalde: The Search for Bipartisan Solutions to Gun Violence.” A video of my testimony is available here, and my written testimony is here. I think that it went well. The Democrat witnesses focused on horror story after horror story of people losing relatives in these mass murders, and they indicated that the Republicans and their witnesses didn’t care about these murders. My point was that I want to stop these attacks, but I want to do something that works. My testimony summarizes much of our research on mass public shootings, particularly my written testimony.”

Last edited:
Uvalde school police chief admits he deliberately left kids in classroom

What a human scum:

I didn’t want this dude to come out,” he said with a chuckle of one of the worst school shooters in history. “I didn’t want him to pop up somewhere and run off.”

Among early arrivals to help was an officer who was “probably one of the best shots around here — so I was happy he was there,” Arredondo recalled with a slight smile.

He joked that he knew who the Border Patrol officers were because “most of them are Anglo — they stand out to us.”

Monday quarterbacking is easy. He made a call and now has to live with the fact that his "call" resulted in the slaughter of 19 kids and adults. I was angry at him earlier. Now I pity him: he now lives with the knowledge that he was responsible for the death of those people.
People can live with fear or danger, but only psychopaths can live with guilt.

Pete is a liar, plain and simple. All this is is another spin attempt to hide behind. You know this weasel is setting it up to sue for back wages and other compensation.

Monday quarterbacking is easy. He made a call and now has to live with the fact that his "call" resulted in the slaughter of 19 kids and adults. I was angry at him earlier. Now I pity him: he now lives with the knowledge that he was responsible for the death of those people.
He doesn’t seem remorseful to me.

Has he come out somewhere and admitted he handled this completely wrong? If not he can FOAD.

Because shame died a long time ago. Shame tends to keep people in lingerie, off poles, in front of toddlers. I’m this case he has no concept of word, if he did he would have.
If someone told a youngster that they were "ashamed" the young'un wouldn't know what was being conveyed. :(
quote-i-said-baby-do-you-have-no-shame-she-just-looked-at-me-uncomprehendingly-like-cows-at-don-henley-77-79-37.jpg

There’s some accountability /SARC/
Best part of the story.

“The agency fired one officer, Sgt. Juan Maldonado, and is attempting to terminate another, Ranger Christopher Kindell. A third, Trooper Crimson Elizondo, resigned before the investigation into her conduct was resolved. She later was hired by the Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District’s police department, which fired her after community members criticized that move”

I still want to know what the hell was going on on the green side of things. There's 100+ memos floating, everyone there cut paper except the guy who went in and shot (or any other trigger pullers).

I'm so glad I'm retired, me being somewhere with those guys would be 'uncomfortable' at best.

The cowards in the Uvalde Police Department that allowed a shooter to rampage inside a school for an hour before responding decided to peddle liberal gun control talking points to excuse their spinelessness...
... Uvalde Police Department Sgt. Donald Page told investigators that they knew the weapon that the shooter had “was definitely an AR” and, therefore, “There was no way of going in. … We had no choice but to wait and try to get something that had better coverage where we could actually stand up to him.” One officer called it a “battle rifle.” The Texas Tribune, of course, ate this up, declaring that “The AR-15 was designed to efficiently kill humans.”...

View: https://twitter.com/AGHamilton29/status/1638041384086118402?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1638041384086118402%7Ctwgr%5E18e1720cb5d0081f9ec6c7f01ab0a0b040395ac7%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonexaminer.com%2Fopinion%2Fuvalde-police-pander-gun-control-advocates-cowardice%3Futm_source%3Dmsnutm_medium%3Dreferralutm_campaign%3Dmsn_feed

I hear what you're saying, but he's a coward and should feed himself a hollow point.

Before everyone wants to jump on the mental illness argument because the shooter was transgender, the reality is that the LGBT community is being radicalized by Communist Democrats and social media. They have sowed division within that community, the Black community, and others that they are victims being oppressed, if not set up to be exterminated.

That's just asking for people especially who are LGBT, who are young and indoctrinated, to lash out.

This shooting was not the fault of guns, gun laws, conservatives, libertarians, the Supreme Court, but the fault of the Democrats, the Woke movement, the Left Wing media, and Left Wing social media.
I'm not going to disagree with your argument, but.....if a bunch of pissed off trannies , BLM members, and Antifah show up in front of my house threatening to burn it down and kill me and my family because I'm a white oppressor or some other stupid shit - I'm still going to take out as many of those m-fers as I possibly can.

Lots and lots of people right here in NES bitch endlessly about how conservatives don't " do anything " despite acting all pissed off all the time. Well maybe that's because in the end - despite actually being really pissed, they stop themselves from doing crazy shit like shooting other people's kids.

I do believe in personal responsibility , even in the case of people who are allegedly mentally ill. I honestly think a lot of people let ideas take root in their head that validate their own personal habits or personality or whatever. If , for instance - you're just a lazy piece of shit that wants to never take the blame for anything you do wrong - which side of the politico-social aisle do you think that person is going to take a seat at?

And yeah, I do actually think that the trans, gay, and black "communities" are potentially being setup for extermination. And if asked - I would tell them so and tell them to smarten the phuck up. But..... Like I said above - any lenience they might get despite doing all sorts of crazy shit - will evaporate once they turn to outright violence and attacks. BLM really really pushed the limit on that shit IMHO, but seemed to stay very carefully away from communities who would be the most likely to give them back what they dished out.

The gun control activists are big about anniversaries of mass shootings but NYT had little to say about Uvalde in many words. At best, they confirm that government is not up to the job. Some improvements made in Uvalde schools security and a few new bits and bobs of hardware at the PD. The expected whining that few new laws have been passed further restricting guns.

What NYT totally misses, is the impact Uvalde has had on active shooter training and responses nationwide. The “first responders enter immediately” mentality has been refreshed. That said, the waves of “swatting” false alerts must wear thin on responders.

“Last July, Mr. McCraw, the state public safety director, said his agency would “provide proper training and guidelines for recognizing and overcoming poor command decisions at an active shooter scene.”

But several policing experts said that creating that kind of training presented a challenge because countermanding orders from an incident commander went against the very orientation of most police departments. And the state has yet to roll out new training based on last year’s directive.

In the meantime, the focus has been on increased safety precautions and better equipment. In Uvalde, local police now have additional ballistic shields and helmets, as well as new tools for breaching barricaded doors. At schools in Uvalde, school administrators have installed new eight-foot fences, sensors that would alert staff if a door did not lock properly and more security cameras to monitor activity outside all schools.”

Back
Top Bottom