• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

my tenured professor friend says he will never ever get a gun for protection because he doesn't trust himself with it. "People get sad, people get angry. We're only human, how do you guarantee you'll always be in control and not do something stupid in the heat of the moment?"
I don’t get that, then by same logic don’t have hammers, knives, any other things in the house.

...IDF off duty conscripts...

I've always assumed this is a big part of why they DON'T want them rolling around everywhere locked and loaded. My suspicion is that the reasoning behind those stupid-looking sideways mag thingies are a bunch of NDs at falafel stands over the years.

A lot of it is deterrence, anyway. The intent is not that single off-duty IDFers get into quick-draw preemptive strikes against a terrorist. The intent is for terrorists to know that within ten seconds of them doing anything, they're likely to be surrounded in all directions by dozens of people who are ready to go, and probably in the nearest covered/concealed location as well.

my tenured professor friend says he will never ever get a gun for protection because he doesn't trust himself with it. "People get sad, people get angry. We're only human, how do you guarantee you'll always be in control and not do something stupid in the heat of the moment?"
But he trusts himself with a car/truck? Kitchen knives? A hammer?

Not judging. Everyone needs to make their own personal decisions and needs to be free to do so. Just trying to understand the mentality

Before everyone wants to jump on the mental illness argument because the shooter was transgender, the reality is that the LGBT community is being radicalized by Communist Democrats and social media. They have sowed division within that community, the Black community, and others that they are victims being oppressed, if not set up to be exterminated.

That's just asking for people especially who are LGBT, who are young and indoctrinated, to lash out.

This shooting was not the fault of guns, gun laws, conservatives, libertarians, the Supreme Court, but the fault of the Democrats, the Woke movement, the Left Wing media, and Left Wing social media.

Before everyone wants to jump on the mental illness argument because the shooter was transgender, the reality is that the LGBT community is being radicalized by Communist Democrats and social media. They have sowed division within that community, the Black community, and others that they are victims being oppressed, if not set up to be exterminated.

That's just asking for people especially who are LGBT, who are young and indoctrinated, to lash out.

This shooting was not the fault of guns, gun laws, conservatives, libertarians, the Supreme Court, but the fault of the Democrats, the Woke movement, the Left Wing media, and Left Wing social media.
Trans and mental illness go hand in hand. The rate of suicide attempts with them is like 40%

Poor people generally have nice stuff. I think the average white suburbanite would be shocked. Here's a simple exercise. Take a ride around Chelsea (consistently ranked as one of the poorest cities in MA) and make note of the make and models of the cars you see. (INB4 "drug dealers"...If they all belonged to drug dealers, there would be more drug dealers than drug users.)

We live substantively below our means, family of five in a three bedroom bungalow on a small property. College funds for all three, substantial savings and retirement. The only ostentatiousness you can see from the outside is a minivan with a five-year note in the driveway.

Half a mile away I can point you towards one half of a run-down duplex in a poor neighborhood with a Mercedes SLK, a SLC, a third generation Viper roadster, and a '64 Mustang convertible.

Must be nice.

We live substantively below our means, family of five in a three bedroom bungalow on a small property. College funds for all three, substantial savings and retirement. The only ostentatiousness you can see from the outside is a minivan with a five-year note in the driveway.

Half a mile away I can point you towards one half of a run-down duplex in a poor neighborhood with a Mercedes SLK, a SLC, a third generation Viper roadster, and a '64 Mustang convertible.

Must be nice.
That is my experience with the urban poors. Shit housing in shit neighborhoods in shit cities with shitty schools but lots of nice possessions. Different groups have different priorities in life I guess

I’m kinda not joking, if I got laid off today I’d be thinking what if I identified as xxxx or had some other issue I.e. drugs, alcohol etc. no I’d never really do that, but…

I was at dinner and the table behind me had 4 people ranting about how the government needs to get rid of guns. I didn't know about the shooting but I wanted to tell them to stfu until they can argue facts, not what is spoon fed to them.
You must not live in America!

Trans and mental illness go hand in hand. The rate of suicide attempts with them is like 40%
It's not a guarantee that all trans people are mentally ill, not to the extent they feel compelled to mass murder children.

This uh... person was pissed off at something, probably at parents who are in opposition to all this pro LGBT curricula that these schools full of groomers are pumping into kids heads and figured the best way to get back at the parents is to murder their children.

Two local incidents, one of which a school shooting or shooting near a school a few miles from where I live today this afternoon! Almost too much to be a coincidence

Back
Top Bottom