21 killed, 18 injured in shooting at elementary school in Uvalde, Texas

I was in the Dr's office, and he asked me "what's the worst thing you've ever done in your life?"

I feel like if you answer this in any way other than "speeding", its a fail for not understanding the absurdity of the question in that situation.

Are there people that are legitimately stupid enough to say "one time I skinned a cat alive and watched it suffer until it died"?

I feel like if you answer this in any way other than "speeding", its a fail for not understanding the absurdity of the question in that situation.

Are there people that are legitimately stupid enough to say "one time I skinned a cat alive and watched it suffer until it died"?

I'm not sure what people say. I didn't go around asking later. I found the entire psych test to be patronizing and a waste of time and resources. If you're in your mid 20's with no criminal record you're probably not so crazy that you can't be a firefighter.

That said, there was no shortage of literally crazy people I worked with. I'm not talking like "oh, don't mess with him, he's crazy!" I mean people who have major mental health issues with disturbing behavior on duty.

I know its not practical but one thing that might actually dissuade these nut jobs from committing these horrific attacks is if society memory holed them afterwards. Like the way Winston in 1984 would change the historical record on someone and make them disappear. These crazy f*cks seem to want to be famous for racking up the highest kill count in a school shooting. They all seem to study past school shooters. If they knew there "accomplishment" would be erased, maybe they would find some other crazy $h!t to do.
Its not going to happen I know.
Just thinking outside the box.

So people with a mental illness through no fault of their own have no inalienable rights? How is it decided and by whom when a mental illness crosses a dangerousness threshold?

Playing devil's advocate here.
I guess thats the problem right there. Thats why those institutions got shut down. I grew up in the 60s and 70s. I dont remember this stuff happening. I do remember sandy hook. The mom tried getting her son help. It was taking to long. Look whats happening now across the country with the homeless. Alot of them have mental illness. They're not getting help because they arent being forced to. 99% of them arent dangerous, but what about the 1%? Its not fair to lock some up, but what about the rest of us? The system isnt going to be overhauled because the people that make these decisions dont care. Then instead of saying these people need help. they want to ban guns. Its a shitty situation. but locking them up did keep them off the streets. I know several people with mental illness now. They aren't violent, but they also dont think anything is wrong with them. They both dont think their meds worked. I am around them, the meds were working. So what's your idea?

We all know that some people should never be allowed to live out with the general public. But, unless they do something, they have rights. It's like locking people in a room with a wild Tiger. You can't shoot the Tiger outright has he hasn't done anything as he has rights. However some in that room will be killed.

The Left knows this. They closed most of the mental heath institutions in this country. They allowed minor crimes to be over-looked. They allowed the mentally ill to not have a record as they didn't want to tarnish their record so as not to hurt them down then road, like when they get locked in a room full of people.

The Left can't and won't go back. That's why they want all guns gone. They hope it stops what they have allowed to take place in the first place.

The Left knows this. They closed most of the mental heath institutions in this country. They allowed minor crimes to be over-looked. They allowed the mentally ill to not have a record as they didn't want to tarnish their record so as not to hurt them down then road, like when they get locked in a room full of people.

The Left can't and won't go back. That's why they want all guns gone. They hope it stops what they have allowed to take place in the first place.
No. They hope it prevents a pissed-off population from finally having enough of their stool and terminating them with extreme prejudice.

Violent, crazy people? They 💕 'em. They more mayhem, the more crises they won't let go to waste.

What really bothers me about these blowhards is that all of their pontificating is grandstanding, kabuki, theatre. They don't give two flying fuks about victims THEY CALLED FOR VIOLENCE FOR 4 YEARS!!! well you got you're wish a**h***s

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1300411090392711169

Exactly, otherwise they would be working with Chicago, Baltimore and the like where killings are accepted as a way of life.

The Uvalde shooting is the soul event for this big Dem push. There's big news out about that Arredondo character that was the police chief that had his force stand down for over an hour. Turns out he's a big Dem anti gun activist and is a big Beto supporter and has a record of many donations to Act Blue to help Beto's campaign.

Seems pretty plausible this Dem activist new he had a gun control issue gold mine and called for the stand down to maximize the effect. Recall how this guy and the Uvalde pol dept immediately shut up when their actions starting getting questions. There's also the issue of why that kid, that had made threats to shoot up the school, was left to just walk around a live bomb ready to go off. And how did he get expensive guns and equipment when he had no money?

This whole deal stinks to high Heaven and the Dems are foaming at the mouth to push it for their new gun control.

Every day, little by little, the cover-up CYA, unravels more and more. Today it comes out that Arredondo showed up at the scene without a radio, had no clue about what was going on, the barricade story was indeed false, and he ordered everyone to fall back as soon as he arrived.....

The Uvalde shooting is the soul event for this big Dem push. There's big news out about that Arredondo character that was the police chief that had his force stand down for over an hour. Turns out he's a big Dem anti gun activist and is a big Beto supporter and has a record of many donations to Act Blue to help Beto's campaign.

Seems pretty plausible this Dem activist new he had a gun control issue gold mine and called for the stand down to maximize the effect. Recall how this guy and the Uvalde pol dept immediately shut up when their actions starting getting questions. There's also the issue of why that kid, that had made threats to shoot up the school, was left to just walk around a live bomb ready to go off. And how did he get expensive guns and equipment when he had no money?

This whole deal stinks to high Heaven and the Dems are foaming at the mouth to push it for their new gun control.
They needed an event like this to deflect what a train wreck the Biden admin is and the leftists who control him. Stupid, wimpy Americans hated Trump because he was a leader who was a confident Alpha male who called out the left, lamestream media and the swamp and elected a simpleton who they thought would be "nice" to people. Shame on them, they live in dream worlds and think their lives are about avoiding conflict and just going along to get along. The Dems have to go all out and use dead kids to try to show they can "get something done".

For sure. And people are falling for it. In a time when the government needs as little power as possible people, presumably "good guys," our peers here on NES are now demanding the government get unprecedented power to execute people simply based on genetic affiliation.

If there was a 4th Reich, that's the sort of stuff they'd be up to.

I wouldn't trust a government employee to pump gas into my f***ing car. I certainly would not give them my blessing to execute anyone. I don't give great power to entities I don't trust. Sadly, people can be tricked otherwise quite simply. Even in cases where the government is probably mostly at fault to begin with. Reichstag fire 101 right here.

People are emotional dummies.
Jesus, we can't even execute criminals who admit to killing people in cold blood. They want to execute people who had not control over what happened? I get 'bad parenting', but some kids are simply beyond helping. Unless you are independently wealthy, there aren't a whole lot of programs out there. I had a buddy who's kid was crazy, like legitimately crazy. I said he's schizophrenic, my buddy said the kid's Dr wouldn't diagnose his mental problems officially, but had acknowledged something similar.

What is my buddy supposed to do? He can't afford to put the kid into a long term care facility, there's no official diagnosis, there's no public care available at least where he lived. It went so far as us discussing what I would have to do if he did completely break and the rest of the family was in danger. That's some serious shit to talk over with a parent who had no other options.

Jesus, we can't even execute criminals who admit to killing people in cold blood. They want to execute people who had not control over what happened? I get 'bad parenting', but some kids are simply beyond helping. Unless you are independently wealthy, there aren't a whole lot of programs out there. I had a buddy who's kid was crazy, like legitimately crazy. I said he's schizophrenic, my buddy said the kid's Dr wouldn't diagnose his mental problems officially, but had acknowledged something similar.

What is my buddy supposed to do? He can't afford to put the kid into a long term care facility, there's no official diagnosis, there's no public care available at least where he lived. It went so far as us discussing what I would have to do if he did completely break and the rest of the family was in danger. That's some serious shit to talk over with a parent who had no other options.
Mental health treatment in this country is a joke. People don't seek help because they don't want to be locked up.

I don't know how many of my peers from the Army have gotten a free and voluntold mandatory 72 hour vacation in the nuthouse because they told their councilor what was on their mind. I know one soldier who simply said "I want to kill that guy!" in every day tongue and cheek like plenty of people do. Poof, gone for 3 days. Job? Consider yourself shit canned. Dependants? Their on their own. If you refuse? The state will have a judge order you regardless and boom, you are now a federally prohibited person.

That's why adults specifically don't seek help. It's not about helping people. It's about either locking them up or medicating them out of society.

The entire system is a joke.

Every time you post something here you just make yourself sound like even more of a clown to people who actually know why the second amendment exists and also know the truth about firearms available to people at that time.

To whatever point you're trying to make by saying "wildly inaccurate" - is irrelevant, because if the militia men's *muskets* were "inaccurate" (they didn't have JUST muskets ..... dummy) .... well then so were the British soldier's muskets. Which would have meant that the American militiamen were EQUALLY armed - to those they would be fighting against.

So you're wrong on that point - whatever it is.

The second point you're attempting to use - is wrong as well. A well trained person shooting a musket - is faster by a factor of 3 - than what you are attempting to claim.

The militia did not exist initially - to "defend against foreign invasion" - it existed to defend against DOMESTIC enemies - namely the many Indian tribes and opposing military forces (the French) - who existed on the North American continent at the time the militia were formed. In other words - the militia existed to defend against ANY enemy that might arise.

Given the clear on the ground in regards to this shooting in Texas - it's pretty damn clear that if an ACTUAL militia had existed in Uvelde Texas, instead of relying on the po-po, this whole incident might have turned out quite differently. School shootings aren't really that much different in regards to the response needed to defend against them - than the types of attacks that the original militia was formed to defend against (namely Indian attacks against towns).

EVERY SINGLE TIME one of these school shootings occurs - the EXACT same arguments get trotted out by the same cast of losers : "who needs a military weapon that shoots multiple rounds per minute!!". I guess at least you haven't made the " who needs a machine gun!!" argument. But maybe I missed it. Or maybe - given the responses you've already made here which clearly indicate you don't have the slightest clue as to what you're talking about....... you don't even know the difference between what a semi-auto and a machine gun is.

Either way - it doesn't matter. Because the FACTS of the matter are - it doesn't matter if you're talking about an AR-15 in semi- auto or a Tikka semi-auto hunting rifle in .223, the rate of fire coming out of either one - in the hands of somebody who can move their finger quickly - is going to be THE SAME.

So what's your REAL argument - that we should ban semi-auto and only allow people highly accurate hunting rifles in single shot bolt action?

You DO know that WW2 was largely fought by soldiers with bolt action rifles - don't you? You do know that EVERY war prior to that - that was fought with firearms - was done so without the aid of semi-auto rifles - don't you? No? I didn't think so.

Wanna find out how many kids a school shooter can kill if you put them in a classroom with a bolt action rifle and a bunch of ammunition and 45 minutes? My guess is that it's perfectly feasible to kill 22 people in 45 minutes - with a bolt action rifle.

So once again - what is your phucking point?
You could kill more than that in 45 minutes with a sledgehammer.
Especially a bunch of 10 year old kids.
What are they going to do , bum rush you ?
You won't have to stop to reload either.

So people with a mental illness through no fault of their own have no inalienable rights? How is it decided and by whom when a mental illness crosses a dangerousness threshold?

Playing devil's advocate here.
What do you do if your dog gets rabies through no fault of his own ?
Do the needful or let him head over to the playground for some quality time with the kiddies ?
The second part , I will agree is the sticky part.
The standards would have to be hard a fast and the penalties for violating it would have to be simply draconian to avoid some of these fruitcake shrinks from turning it political .

I have never heard of anyone assuming command of an incident without the requisite communication tools. Just when I think things cannot get worse regarding this Chief, things take a turn for the worse.

You know , there was a time when i would have considered that six layer tin foil hat shit.
Not so much now.

I have never heard of anyone assuming command of an incident without the requisite communication tools. Just when I think things cannot get worse regarding this Chief, things take a turn for the worse.

His tax-payer funded sun glasses are nice.

Not just the Donks. The media, the RINOs, the Swamp, eventually the ConHugeCos will chime in. Pretty much the entire The Great Reset crowd. Disarming Joe and Jane America is tops on their agenda.

Why? So they can Reset away - including the continued neutering of meaningful elections - without worries of The People tiring of their shit.

What do you do if your dog gets rabies through no fault of his own ?
Do the needful or let him head over to the playground for some quality time with the kiddies ?
The second part , I will agree is the sticky part.
The standards would have to be hard a fast and the penalties for violating it would have to be simply draconian to avoid some of these fruitcake shrinks from turning it political .
Again, just playing devil's advocate, but dogs don't have constitutional rights, and I don't see any carve outs in the constitution to limit rights of mentally ill people (or those cursed by witches and/or possessed by demons).

Mental health carve outs will inevitably lead to anyone who's ever seen a shrink losing their rights.

Guy was communicating with his officers via cell phone. Absolutely inept… I’m still befuddled that there is a need for two separate police forces.

Your sole purpose is to protect kids as a school police force no? And yet your not prepared with the tools needed to do your job. Has he stepped down from the city council spot yet?

Guy was communicating with his officers via cell phone. Absolutely inept… I’m still befuddled that there is a need for two separate police forces.

Your sole purpose is to protect kids as a school police force no? And yet your not prepared with the tools needed to do your job. Has he stepped down from the city council spot yet?
Why would he? He performed his role splendidly for his Great Reset masters.

For good and bad, that's why having mental institutions was a good idea.

Again, just playing devil's advocate, but dogs don't have constitutional rights, and I don't see any carve outs in the constitution to limit rights of mentally ill people (or those cursed by witches and/or possessed by demons).

Mental health carve outs will inevitably lead to anyone who's ever seen a shrink losing their rights.
Everyone should spend a few minutes in a room with someone who is skin your face off and eat it crazy.
I'm talking about someone who would kill you in a heartbeat if given half a chance for no particular reason crazy.
Gives one a whole different perspective .
These people weren't hatched as adults , they were infants and grew to adulthood with signs throughout their whole lives that went mostly ignored by people who didn't want to see.
The one's who did the ignoring many times are the one's that end up as body parts in multiple trash bags.

I recall one who I knew personally who from the time we were in kindergarden everybody knew.
All through middle school , high school , everybody knew.
All the signs were there all his life , animal torture , sadistic tendencies .
Even at 10 -12 years old you knew never to turn your back on him.
His siblings knew and tried to get him locked up , court was having none of it.
He died in prison after getting life for splitting his mother's head with an hatchet.
Not a single person who knew him was surprised in the least.

It needs a lot of reform for sure. The problem is it's not happening. We can't even get phycologists to talk about gender dysmorphia now, neverminded fixing the incredible train wreck that is insane asylums. The people running them should be living in them themselves.

The entire profession of mental health providers have proven over and over that they can't and aren't to be trusted. And they wonder why people don't go in for help.

When I had my psych test to be a firefighter they ask hundreds of questions. I was in the Dr's office, and he asked me "what's the worst thing you've ever done in your life?" His cell phone rang, he answered, asked the person to wait, set it down without muting it and looked at me for the reply. [rofl]
Psyche units are the real money makers in the medical world. No shortage of patients and always under staffed.
A close friend was a nurse in an Alzheimers care facility. On a typical overnight shift she was in charge of 57 patients. Cash cows.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom