• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 AR Mag Options

are there any options for more than 10rd capacity ? I know there used to be inserts that went in 20rd mags but those were only 10rd capacity.

I've had good luck with black dog machine mags in my nordic components AR22 upper. Both 10 rounders and 25 rounders (in free state).

I second the Black dog mags... work great in a spikes Tactical dedicated 22 upper. the older mags had plastic feed lips the newer version are steel.

I use something called the better mag adapter. The adapter can be inserted or removed from standard Ar upper without modification.

With adapter in you can use S&W 15-22 mags.

I have thousands of rounds thru mine using 8 mags and two different uppers. I've had no problems from the mags.

are there any options for more than 10rd capacity ? I know there used to be inserts that went in 20rd mags but those were only 10rd capacity.
The 10 round inserts that went into regular USGI mags are compatible only with the USGI M261 .22LR adapter. You didn't say what "flavor" of adapter you have, but if you have an M261, your only option for greater-than-10 round mags is Blackdog, and even those are damn hard to find.

I’ve had nothing but problems with my black dog mags with the steel feed lips.

All my Google fu couldn’t find the answer

I was hoping there was a insert where I could use preban mag body. I don’t think anything exists

I read the title wrong, but now am left wondering if anybody makes a .22 Mag AR. Anybody know?

All my Google fu couldn’t find the answer

I was hoping there was a insert where I could use preban mag body. I don’t think anything exists

Well, there are, and they look like this:

DSC01669.JPG

They hold 10 rounds, and insert into any USGI mag, 20 or 30 round. They are, as I said, only for use with the M261 .22LR adapter, and are incompatible with the more popular Atchisson/Ceiner style adapter, like the Spike's, CMMG, etc.

Back
Top Bottom