• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

22 caliber long rifle

Sparky480

NES Member
Okay I'm from Templeton Massachusetts and I'm looking for a brick of .22LR High velocity and I don't want to pay these Overinflated prices 40 to 50 dollars a brick just crazy and out of control. If anyone knows where I can pick some up at a reasonable price please PM me. I Would usually pick up Winchesters at Walmart for 23 Dollars or some Remington but theirs nothing Around and nobody knows when it's coming in.

Walmart in Wareham had the 333 packs as well for $14.99...they sold out in seconds while I was standing there...they had 12 boxes with a 3 box limit. I saw them load the case and empty it all within the span of minutes...

I SCORED SOME 22 LONG RIFLE AMMO YEA!!!!

They had some in Keene New Hampshire Winchester 50 pack .22lr. When I was there they only had 10 packs left and the guy behind the counter will only sell me three packs. So I walked away with 150 rounds of 22 Long rifle Ammunition better then nothing lol.
But you guys know how it is when you go to the range that 150 rounds don't last too long lol. Let's hope they will stock the shelves up real good soon.

Walmart in Wareham had the 333 packs as well for $14.99...they sold out in seconds while I was standing there...they had 12 boxes with a 3 box limit. I saw them load the case and empty it all within the span of minutes...

I don't doubt it. $45 for 1k rounds, is a great price!

Al's Rod and Gun in derry, NH still has some Winchester Match bricks of 500 for $75 and Remington Yellow Jackets 50 rounds for $7.50... Needless to say stock levels are fairly safe...

Holy macaroni 500 rounds for $75 looks like he's trying to make some serious profit off of this shortage. That is just not right!!!

I really think whats happening is certain areas of the country are worse than others. For example, I scored 500 rounds of CCI Mini Mags a week ago. I think I paid about $40 at Walmart getting lucky. Gunbroker prices for 500 rds mini-mags are going for between 100-$125 believe it or not. I think lots of folks with good stock at home and who are retired or have free time just get their coffee, hit the local shops as they open, then go home and re-list for crazy markups on GB.

Honestly who can blame them? 200% profit is well worth the time if you get a good system of locating, pricing and purchasing the stuff.

What stinks is that it makes it harder for the average plinker without a good stock to even hit the range for some fun without paying 9mm prices for .22.

I don't doubt it. $45 for 1k rounds, is a great price!

I guess in today's crazy world it is.

Doesn't beat the price of $90/5K from CMP last year though......I think that was the buy of the century myself.[grin] Hopefully alot of people here go in on it while it lasted. I bought my lifetime supply.

Hey, I'm from Templeton as well! I thought I was the only one from here on board! Anyways, I've had decent luck finding .22 at Match Shop in Gardner and Grrr Gear in Orange. I haven't been to either of these places recently though so I couldn't recall on price. Have you checked out Rindge or Orange Wal-Mart? Gardner's been pretty dry when I get there.

Hey Eric, (Neighbor) I just got off the phone calling the following Walmarts; Gardner, Orange, and Rindge Nh. they all have nothing. Grrr Gear I called Earlier in the day nothing also. But Match Shot had $50 Remington Brick.. I thought it was a little Pricey. Maybe $40 I would of bought it but damm. If Four Seasons in Woburn MA wasn't such a hike, they had some .22 long Rifle Blazers for $20 a Brick and cci for under $40
I like shooting the Blazers they run smooth out of my Ruger SR22 oh they have a two box limit as well. I do like that Store the prices are better then most places around here on all their stuff guns and ammo.

I was at the range last weekend. Guy saw the $8.50 sticker on my plastic CCI Mini-Mags box and boggled. He pulled out a similar box... sticker said $19.95. Mine's all of a year and change old and I thought it was high then...

Hey Eric, (Neighbor) I just got off the phone calling the following Walmarts; Gardner, Orange, and Rindge Nh. they all have nothing. Grrr Gear I called Earlier in the day nothing also. But Match Shot had $50 Remington Brick.. I thought it was a little Pricey. Maybe $40 I would of bought it but damm. If Four Seasons in Woburn MA wasn't such a hike, they had some .22 long Rifle Blazers for $20 a Brick and cci for under $40
I like shooting the Blazers they run smooth out of my Ruger SR22 oh they have a two box limit as well. I do like that Store the prices are better then most places around here on all their stuff guns and ammo.

Blazers are just low budget minimags (no copper coat). Definitely worth $20 a brick now -- even in good times that wasn't a totally crazy price.: .04/round.

Yeah, I wouldn't plunge $50 for a brick of Remington either. I don't think I'd go that high any time soon. We need a little more variety around here.

Back
Top Bottom