• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 CB Long source needed

Hi All,
Looking for a source for CB type .22LR loads - or recommendations for similar low noise/dead squirrel loads.

I'm inside of 128 North but can travel if needed.

.22 Shorts, Longs are also acceptable - quiet is key, the shotshells are a also too loud for my use.

Thanks

I use "Colabri" Hummingbirds. No sound. No powder. Just primer. Won't push the bullet all the way through a long barrel, but it's sweet with my 3" pistol.

Lots of shops stock it, but you might have to ask.

Thanks but I need a bit more push than that as it will be going through a long barrel...

I'm just looking for a shop that has some CB's in stock - the sub-sonics I have are too loud too.

According to the stuff I purchased yesterday:

CCI CB Long = 750 fps
CCI CB Short = 750 fps
CCI Short Target = 850 fps (IIRC)

I've found enough to get me through my little experiment - honestly I was looking for shops that had ammo in stock but I appreciate the responses and opinions as they reflect my own findings.

I now have enough ammo to satisfy my needs and do something of a range report mostly so I can learn where that old damn rifle I'm not used to shooting hits with this slow GD ammo I'm not used to shooting within stupid close ranges I'm not used to shooting at tree rodents that have a tendency to mock bad shooting.

Back
Top Bottom