.22 for my 17 year old daughter

What would you recommend for a .22 auto for my daughter to target shoot with? We have pleanty of HD and CC guns so this would be just for her plinking at targets.

My requirements are good accuracy, easy to field strip, clean, re-assemble, and performance.

Thanks!
Mike[grin]

well you just ruled out any Ruger...

do you have a preference for revolver or semi?

I have a Beretta model 87 .22lr that is always brought along when first-timers are coming to the range. It's got basic, non-adjustable 3-dot sights, but it's a sweety to shoot, very reliable for a rimfire, and a breeze to field strip. They're kind of hard to find in this state though.

I had put mine in the classifieds a few months back, but retracted it when I realized I'd most likely regret selling it.

ooops I didn't see the AUTO in the OP, but the Ruger MK series although great plinkers ( I own a Mk1) suck to filed strip, clean and try to get back together.

How about a S&W 22A?

how about a 45 with a 22lr conversion kit? Or look into conversion kits for what you may have. Easy to clean, take care of ,wheel gun.

I really like my ruger MKIII after a few cleanings and takeing it apart it does get easier to do. My wife is better at it than me. She also has small hands and the factory grips are not to thick.

Ruger works fine . . . learn to use a bore snake most of the time and only rarely take it apart. That should work.

Ruger 10/22 for rifle . . . something she'll never "outgrow". Great for plinking and a fun gun to shoot. Likewise I use a bore snake to clean it and rarely go beyond that and a patch on a tool to get into the bolt area.

Back
Top Bottom