• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

22 LR ammo

Interesting. I think I have a lot of those in my ammo case so I may have to take a couple of my 22s out and experiment with all these different ammos @100yds and see what kind of results I get. I can probably come up with 6 or 7 different flavors of 22LR to test and being a long weekend it could be fun.

I'm,in the process of doing the same. 513t , which I shoot at 200 yards also and so far from the bench hold the ten ring with aguila and the CMP remington surplus stuff.
Just Picked up some elly target....that's next

I wonder if the Elly smells funny like the Aguila does.

I used to shoot elly club it didn't smell to bad.
The Rusian made Junior is the nasty

Which round is the good stuff? Cell phone pic so not to great.

Last edited:
Just left cabelas. They got a crapton of the American eagle 38 gr HP bricks (400 rounds) for $27.99. It's on a separate shelf/island closest to the where the guns are. Also had tons of CCI SV for $4.99 per 50.

Edit: forgot to mention they had a good number of federal automatch bricks as well.

Last edited:
Basic trajectory of the 22lr standard velocity at 25 yards your point of impact is aprox 2.5" high of point of aim to be point of aim point of impact at 100 yards. its close enough to be on paper anyway. velocity and ammo might be a few +/- MOA. Now if you want to reach out to 200 yards shooting at 25 yards your point of impact will be about 7.5-10" above point of aim. A 200 yard zero will hit aprox 20" high when shooting at 100 yards.
If you want to be able to hit a 2" target with out changing your center aim hold point you could zero your rilfe around 15 yards or so and you should be able to hit a 2" target out to 65-70 yards with out changing your point of aim.
I know this particular rifle can shoot very well. if I spend the cash on some higher end Lapua or Eley or if I really want to spend tennex has down wonders but at 20+ cents a shot and my degrading skills and vision I think 65$/500 is about the best I will shoot these days.

Which round is the good stuff?

the far right

By price alone the left is cheapest at 3 cents per round 1994 U.S. Army remington contract surplus.
Center is ELY MATCH at 34 cents and the best shooting is right SK standard plus at 13 cents per round

Shot from my old 513t

Walmart had cci standard velocity yesterday in plaistow nh. Well....they HAD some until I bought the last 10 packs. $3.47 per 50. At 7 cents I will buy it. They Also had cci shorts as well.

Walmart had cci standard velocity yesterday in plaistow nh. Well....they HAD some until I bought the last 10 packs. $3.47 per 50. At 7 cents I will buy it. They Also had cci shorts as well.

That's a great price. It was generally available at about 6 cents ($6 per box of 100) before the Newtown panic. ($6 per 100 at Walmart)

Don

Surprised they let you grab 10 boxes. I went to the Walmart in Newington, CT after work yesterday and there were 4 boxes left but the employee said there's a 3 box limit. I tried explaining that I bought 3 sleeves of mini mags last week here and that's double the amount of ammo as 3 boxes of CCI SV....she looked at me like I had 10 heads[rolleyes]

Surprised they let you grab 10 boxes. I went to the Walmart in Newington, CT after work yesterday and there were 4 boxes left but the employee said there's a 3 box limit. I tried explaining that I bought 3 sleeves of mini mags last week here and that's double the amount of ammo as 3 boxes of CCI SV....she looked at me like I had 10 heads[rolleyes]
Same thing in Danvers, was only permitted to buy 3 boxes of cci standard velocity the other day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I believe I lucked out!!! They did not say a word.....just rang it up.

Depends on who's running the dept. Sometimes when there's no SG on duty, someone from another dept will have the keys. They don't know better and just sell whatever you want.
One sold me all 12 boxes of CCI 50pks and another time 5 boxes of automatch. Good times.

I just had to stop by the Walmarts down here in CT after work. Scored 600 rounds of round nose mini mags. That will last a couple range trips with the wife....

Same thing in Danvers, was only permitted to buy 3 boxes of cci standard velocity the other day.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The real shocking part of this is that you actually found someone at Danvers to sell it to you!

Back
Top Bottom