• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

22 LR ammo

I was in a gun shop Wednesday and they had at least 50 cases of .22. Everything from CCI Choot em' to CCI mini mags to higher priced target ammo. I only bought a brick of Wolf Match Extra for $89 since I don't have a need for more .22 at the moment.

Sounds like D&L?

Sounds like the .22 famine/drought is almost over. The only thing left is for there to be a glut, then prices to come back down.

This is good stuff. I wish it came in bulk quantities, at bulk prices:

th
Picked up 3000 rounds of theses from Bass Pro just in case there is a drought again. Got some of the Federal HV also at Dicks good deal.

All .22's seem a bit rapey to me. They seem to be consistent with the market. Not Wal-mart prices, gun shop prices.

So I thought until a recent day trip for work brought me close to Shooters in NH. SV .22 for $.04/round and CCI AR .22 at $20/300.

Granted, they had a 200 round or one brick limit, which is the flip side. Looks like stores are still rationing, whether by price or by quantity...

So I thought until a recent day trip for work brought me close to Shooters in NH. SV .22 for $.04/round and CCI AR .22 at $20/300.

Granted, they had a 200 round or one brick limit, which is the flip side. Looks like stores are still rationing, whether by price or by quantity...

Should have driven up the road to Riley's, they don't limit 22 and I grabbed several federal automatch for 19/ea or something reasonably close.

Should have driven up the road to Riley's, they don't limit 22 and I grabbed several federal automatch for 19/ea or something reasonably close.

Yep. They had no limits on the automatch at $18 or $19 each.

I'm a CCI snob and only buy and shoot CCI SV lol. Managed to find some at Bass Pro in Hooksett on Wednesday.

Apply for an ammo purchaser card.

I suppose I could but I'm sure I wouldn't get the card by the end of the week when I leave?

Probably better that way since I don't need to be spending anymore more money lol. Already have ~7k rounds of CCI 22. No I'm not a hoarder, I just had a good stock prior to the scare.

I've been trying to get my CT non resident license but still waiting to get my LTC-002 course certificate. Not sure if the non-resident license lets you buy ammo.

I suppose I could but I'm sure I wouldn't get the card by the end of the week when I leave?

Probably better that way since I don't need to be spending anymore more money lol. Already have ~7k rounds of CCI 22. No I'm not a hoarder, I just had a good stock prior to the scare.

I've been trying to get my CT non resident license but still waiting to get my LTC-002 course certificate. Not sure if the non-resident license lets you buy ammo.
7k of 22lr is not hoarding. Not even close.

7k of 22lr is not hoarding. Not even close.

Okay I didn't think it was either but thought I'd mention that before someone might jump down my throat and say I'm a neckbeard 22 hoarder [laugh]

I had much more than that earlier this year but sold a lot since I wasn't shooting much 22.

For you maybe, I live 20min from Berlin MA so Riley's and shooters are quite a haul, I only go there if I'm headed that way for another reason... time is also money

yeah, true, I stopped going to Hooksett when Cabela's opened - 30 min vs 50 min. Mostly been buying XM193 though, which has been a pretty good price, $6 to $7 or 20. Plus they often have "spend $100 get $25 coupon" kind of deals.

I found the M-22 winchester 22 runs on a par with Mini Mags in my Savage bolt Both hold ~2" at 100 yards Federal bulk was all over a 8x10 target. The Armscor 22 is real nice stuff but pricey

I found the M-22 winchester 22 runs on a par with Mini Mags in my Savage bolt Both hold ~2" at 100 yards Federal bulk was all over a 8x10 target. The Armscor 22 is real nice stuff but pricey

My impression was Minimags are popular for guns that have trouble cycling and need high energy rounds - accuracy isn't that good due to high velocity.

Did someone say 22?
Working in lovely Bridgeport, CT this week and stopped by the newly opened Bass Pro. Biggest Bass Pro I've ever been to. Just massive. Anyway they were loaded with 22. What a tease since I can't buy any :-(
View attachment 152183View attachment 152184View attachment 152185

Look at that ammo, right out on the shelves! At Dick's, there were no clerks, and I wanted to see a price, so I went to the edge of the counter to lean in and look. I think they asked me to leave or something. Imagine their incomprehension at actually just putting it out for customers to help themselves?

Oh, and why can't you buy it?

My impression was Minimags are popular for guns that have trouble cycling and need high energy rounds - accuracy isn't that good due to high velocity.

My Rugers (MkII and 10/22) both like Velocitors a LOT. Those are fast, but expensive. I wish they were sold in bulk quantities and bulk prices.

Look at that ammo, right out on the shelves! At Dick's, there were no clerks, and I wanted to see a price, so I went to the edge of the counter to lean in and look. I think they asked me to leave or something. Imagine their incomprehension at actually just putting it out for customers to help themselves?

Oh, and why can't you buy it?

My Rugers (MkII and 10/22) both like Velocitors a LOT. Those are fast, but expensive. I wish they were sold in bulk quantities and bulk prices.

Because I don't have a CT ammo permit.

Oh. You need a CT ammo permit? Do they have those for non-residents? If so, how much, and what's involved? What's the procedure/price for non-residents to buy ammo in MA, not that many would want to do that?

Here is the link to the Application for Ammunition Certificate for Ct.
"Please follow instructions before appearing in person to have a photograph taken and have your fee payable to the "Treasurer State of Connecticut", or exact cash payment. Out of state resident are eligible to apply."

http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/s...ation_for_ammunition_certificate_fillable.pdf

Or if you want to read up on all the fun merry go round regulations........

http://www.ct.gov/despp/cwp/view.asp?A=4213&Q=530224

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom