• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

22 LR ammo

wouldn't it be more accurate to say "no ammo sales to non-residents without a valid MA out of state license" or will they not even sell to you then?

I believe a Massachusetts non-resident LTC will let you carry a firearm but it isn't valid to buy ammo in MA. There are others on here who could answer that definitively but it is my understanding that you can't buy ammo using the non-resident LTC.

I believe a Massachusetts non-resident LTC will let you carry a firearm but it isn't valid to buy ammo in MA. There are others on here who could answer that definitively but it is my understanding that you can't buy ammo using the non-resident LTC.

Carry but you can't buy ammo or long guns while in state.

I was at Minuteman Armory in Templeton MA today. They had a sh!t ton of 22lr in all sorts, good prices too. :paul:

Dicks seabrook had a good stock of 22lr. All bottom barrel stuff though.....white box thundertirds and golden bullets. 8-10 cents a round.

Kittery trading post was stocked up well....top sheld ely.....cci.....federal 50 round boxes for 2.99.

I just scored a couple of cases of Gemtech/CCI. I'm a very happy boy. This is great ammo. I also got 5 bricks of Aguila HV. Not nearly as excited about that.

Its being delivered to a secret address in CT.

I was getting a little worried. In Dec 2012 I had about (self censored, but enough) rounds of .22 on hand. I have managed to not buy any .22 up until now because I thought the prices were absurd. Fortunately this deal came along to replenish my stock.

Last edited:
How does it compare to CCI Standard Velocity or MiniMags?

It is very similar to standard velocity. The bullet is a bit heavier at 42 grains.

Like Std Vel, it will cycle most semi-autos and is subsonic from all but the longest barrels.
Its also more $$ than std vel. I was paying $30/brick for std vel before Newtown. I paid $45/brick for this.

I was surprised to find 22lr at my local WW the other day. They had a bunch of Remy Golden something, and a good charge of CCI Stingers. Bought my limit of Stingers. Just nice to see it back on the shelves if even for just a short time. On a side note... never really had good luck with SV in my 10/22, but loves the HV stuff.

I was surprised to find 22lr at my local WW the other day. They had a bunch of Remy Golden something, and a good charge of CCI Stingers. Bought my limit of Stingers. Just nice to see it back on the shelves if even for just a short time. On a side note... never really had good luck with SV in my 10/22, but loves the HV stuff.

SV is all I use for my 10/22 and MKIII Hunter. I'll gladly buy any of that SV you don't want [smile]

If by SV you mean CCI standard velocity - I've had great luck.

I've had all kinds of issues with more target oriented SV ammo than I can describe. Always function issues in a semi-auto.

Thats why I'm such a big fan of CCI SV. It is more accurate at longer ranges than mini-mags, will cycle everything, and suppresses nicely.

Bass Pro in Foxboro had a nice stack of Federal 22lr 50 cnt@ $2.49/box at 10am this morning. They don't seem to have the limits that they had placed on 22lr in the past. Otherwise the cases looked pretty empty.

Cabelas had some today but nothing I wanted to spend my $ on. The old Marlin doesnt need Eley match ammo and such. Aside from that they had some large bricks but I was spending elsewhere.

I was at Rileys on Friday and they were LOADED with 22. Mountain of Federal automatch and a bunch of CCI mini mags, CCI standard velocity, and a couple others. I didn't catch a price as I was there to grab powder and primers but I'm sure it was priced well.

SO had CCI ar tactical and choot em packs.

I was at Rileys on Friday and they were LOADED with 22. Mountain of Federal automatch and a bunch of CCI mini mags, CCI standard velocity, and a couple others. I didn't catch a price as I was there to grab powder and primers but I'm sure it was priced well.

SO had CCI ar tactical and choot em packs.

Shooters outpost was too, and a bit cheaper

Back
Top Bottom