• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 LR Bulk Boxes

Cabela's in East Hartford had dozens of these same bulk packs 2 weeks ago (I bought 8) and they are $20.99 - if you use the $20/100 or $30/150 you end up paying $16.80+tax

Cabela's in East Hartford had dozens of these same bulk packs 2 weeks ago (I bought 8) and they are $20.99 - if you use the $20/100 or $30/150 you end up paying $16.80+tax

I just took a quick check online and found this
Federal Bulk .22 Long Rifle Ammunition

Comes to $22.52 per 525 round pack after tax, and you get one of those plastic ammo "cans" with it, too. And ship-to-store is free. I might get on that.

I just took a quick check online and found this
Federal Bulk .22 Long Rifle Ammunition

Comes to $22.52 per 525 round pack after tax, and you get one of those plastic ammo "cans" with it, too. And ship-to-store is free. I might get on that.

I tried ordering some of those...backordered until at least mid-february.

A trip to the store will get you as much as you want for $21 each.

Ouch, such a deal . . . not!

WM when they have them are $15.47 . . . I picked up two this week.

I know how scarce the stuff is in WM as I'm only searching for that and Rem Golden Bullets these days, however once you add shipping to the $24.95 price you are paying thru the nose for this stuff!

Those are high price. They are not as reliable in functioning or accuracy as of late. Several club members had difficulty with those boxes. There was a good price for them at the one of the last sportsmen shows. I have Aguila which roughly runs 25$/box. Those are much more accurate.

i usually pick up the copper federal from WM in 550 packs for about $13.xx

some better bulk stuff, CCI Blazer i found at KTP for $20/500

I shoot CCI Blazer and it is very reliable and unless my gun runs dry I have no issues with accuracy or function. My Walther P22 and my Ruger USST 10/22 love the stuff.

These days, anything less than about $22/brick is inexpensive. I don't usually buy the bulk stuff, but used it when my neice was learning to shoot. The Federal was good ammo for the money.

I remember when the Aguila standard was $18/brick - just a year and a half ago. It's now about $30.

However, if you are enrolled in the CMP, you can buy it by the case at a decent price. It runs well in both my Ruger Mk. II and race 10/22 (Whistle Pig barrel). It's Eley primed, clean and the only problem is occasional failures to fully feed if the barrel gets too dirty (I suspect Aguila is using a slightly larger OD on the knurling of the bullet for more accuracy).

However, if you are enrolled in the CMP, you can buy it by the case at a decent price. It runs well in both my Ruger Mk. II and race 10/22 (Whistle Pig barrel). It's Eley primed, clean and the only problem is occasional failures to fully feed if the barrel gets too dirty (I suspect Aguila is using a slightly larger OD on the knurling of the bullet for more accuracy).

It's great stuff, I use it for bullseye. Unfortunately, they are "SOLD OUT" and not accepting new orders. Existing orders in house will be filled in 6-9 months. [sad] I'm glad I have ~12.5k rounds of it [grin].

It's great stuff, I use it for bullseye. Unfortunately, they are "SOLD OUT" and not accepting new orders. Existing orders in house will be filled in 6-9 months. [sad] I'm glad I have ~12.5k rounds of it [grin].

Group trip to (assault on) Westford!

Is there any difference in the amount of fouling of the barrel between regular lead and the copper washed stuff?

I am definitely considering a case purchase of the CMP Aguila. Not sure what the wait is listed as now - but I do have a fair number of bulk boxes to get me through....

I got Winchester and Federal bulk listed under accessories for $15 box or trade for 17hm2 if anybody is still looking. I'm in RI but will meet in the middle.
Dave

Back
Top Bottom