22 New Gun Owners in Mass for September

MassPete

NES Member
I've been very fortunate in life thanks to great parents, religion, and great support from the wife and family. I can proudly say I will introduce 22 new LTC's this month in Massachusetts. I do this at no charge for friends, family and co-workers only. After the class, we talk about gun laws in New England. I think I've changed a few minds for this election. Let's all do our part, because the future of America depends on it! 👍 Take your friends and family to the range. Educate yourselves on our crazy laws and pass that info on. Change a few minds, especially with the younger generation. If this all turns to sh!t, We can say that we tried. ✌

Last edited:
What are you training them on? What types of firearms? Calibers?... Out of curiosity.

Pretty awesome.

I just joined Old Colony down in Pembroke last night. They vote in a new group of members once a month, and the group for September was something like 50+ people, with plenty of women (almost half?) and even a few kids among them.
welcome to OCSA, maybe see you at CMP , you toured the rifle house, all those old junky wood and steel rifles where there sunday. OCSA has a lot going on. I need to dust of the shotties and do some 5 stand.

I've been very fortunate in life thanks to great parents, religion, and great support from the wife and family. I can proudly say I will introduce 22 new LTC's this month in Massachusetts. I do this at no charge for friends, family and co-workers only. After the class, we talk about gun laws in New England. I think I've changed a few minds for this election. Let's all do our part, because the future of America depends on it! 👍 Take your friends and family to the range. Educate yourselves on our crazy laws and pass that info on. Change a few minds, especially with the younger generation. If this all turns to sh!t, We can say that we tried. ✌
awesome , glad you get people interested. I have tried over the years to get my friends interested.

welcome to OCSA, maybe see you at CMP , you toured the rifle house, all those old junky wood and steel rifles where there sunday. OCSA has a lot going on. I need to dust of the shotties and do some 5 stand.

Yes, I saw old that old junk on the rack Sunday morning. [smile]

Really though, I was impressed with how lively the whole place was, aside from the 50-odd people touring it. It has a great vibe, and everyone seemed to be friendly and relatively laid back. I came early and hung around Monday night for the member meeting and met more people, and learned more about the club than I had in years of being a member at another club. I'm looking forward to getting involved, I just need to find time to sneak away from my family.

Yes, I saw old that old junk on the rack Sunday morning. [smile]

Really though, I was impressed with how lively the whole place was, aside from the 50-odd people touring it. It has a great vibe, and everyone seemed to be friendly and relatively laid back. I came early and hung around Monday night for the member meeting and met more people, and learned more about the club than I had in years of being a member at another club. I'm looking forward to getting involved, I just need to find time to sneak away from my family.
Welcome to Old Colony, I was at Monday’s meeting, we had a lot of new members the last few months. It’s good to see more women and kids getting involved.
I’m involved in IDPA and help with stage design, set up and organizing things at the back pits.
Hope some of you guys will come down and shoot some matches.

Welcome to Old Colony, I was at Monday’s meeting, we had a lot of new members the last few months. It’s good to see more women and kids getting involved.
I’m involved in IDPA and help with stage design, set up and organizing things at the back pits.
Hope some of you guys will come down and shoot some matches.

Thanks. I'm very interested in IDPA, and just signed up for the mailing list this morning, but with a bunch of young kids having activities every Saturday morning I'm not sure when I'll be able to get started as everything seems to be Saturday mornings. I floated the idea of attending the intro class on the 26th to my wife but with two games that morning and a 3 year old in need of constant supervision I was laughed out of the room. Some day...

There is an upcoming Ladies Learn to Shoot class which is FULL with 10 on the waiting list.

Will agree with others, the women have less ego and are better students.

Thanks. I'm very interested in IDPA, and just signed up for the mailing list this morning, but with a bunch of young kids having activities every Saturday morning I'm not sure when I'll be able to get started as everything seems to be Saturday mornings. I floated the idea of attending the intro class on the 26th to my wife but with two games that morning and a 3 year old in need of constant supervision I was laughed out of the room. Some day...
Kids are welcome, bring some eyes and ears for them and they can pick up all the shiny brass to put into my reloading bucket. [rofl]

On a serious note, it’s a fun and simple intro class but it opens the door to practice sessions as well. As long as an IDPA SO is there with you you can open use the pits.

We also have a Facebook page For those who use it with updates of matches, intro classes and other area events.
Look up “Old Colony Action Shooting”.

What are you training them on? What types of firearms? Calibers?... Out of curiosity.

.22 in all single, double action revolvers and semi's. 9mm and .40 in Semi's.. Once we are done the class, black powder demo, shotgun and AR type evil black guns if they want to shoot them. It's a fun day. Ton of work for me though. These are all friends and family so I like to show them what they'll be able to purchase after they get their LTC's.

Excellent! A varied learning experience for sure!
Kudos!
~Matt

Some of my best experiences training have been with female shooters. I agree wholeheartedly...

B3B68B04-D641-4CB3-A39F-727B099A719C.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom