• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 recommendations

I think what happens is the directions tell you to hold it in your left hand, you righties just cant comprehend, i kid.
The mkiii has a certain dick dance to get it right.
Follow it word for word and it goes easy
sweetb.jpg
[rofl]

Not really, the wax serves a purpose. If you want to see excessive wax or oil hunt down some old Junoir ammo out of Russian from the 80s stuff came dripping off.......
Tenex has a good amount of "wax" as do many 22s . I say it many times if your semi rifle or handgun cant go a few thousand rounds with out issues then theres something going on.
More often its the gun or operator error.
98% of the semi 22 shooters i see with malfunctions generally fall into 2 catagories.
1. Way over lubed , the firearm not the ammo.
Most 22s do not need "lube" but just enough oil or CLP to prevent rust.
2. Those that have not cleaned thier shit since grandpa bought it for your dads 10th birthday.

clean your gun well, give it a very light oil and see what happens.
Some ammo does suck. Especially the really cheap bulk stuff. Its in consistency in case length,rim thickness, primer compound and such
then the bullets. Heck i have seen different bullet profiles in the same box of some cheap stuff.

Find ammo that works and buy as much as you can.
I’m sure it does but keep an eye out for mag buildup

Attachments

• 8BE33922-A31A-4EF5-9467-5E93C83E7668.jpeg
    8BE33922-A31A-4EF5-9467-5E93C83E7668.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 14
No. Its a steel frame. Just like the Single Six. I suspect it gives them a use for Single Six cosmetically blemished frames.
thats good to know.
my dad would by a few of those cheap 22lr every now and again at kittery buy 2 shoot them till they broke . They where not rough riders but some other cheap version like that. I think they whers like $40 back in the 80s if that.

Another vote for Ruger Mk iv, but you'll never find them in MA, or probably anywhere, now, and they're usually around $500. There are Wranglers around for like $240. CCGGuns in Stoneham, has a couple, I believe.

My Ruger SR22 was pretty finicky with ammo, I got pissed and sent it back to Ruger and when it came back - it will fire anything. I do find that Federal Automatch is shitty, more fail-to-fire than any other brand. That RMA was done in late 2019

CCI mini-mags, AR and std velocity work great - as do Rem Golden Bullets and Aguila (any flavor). I do tend to only run the copper washed bullets through the pistol, dont think that matters for fire/feeding - but it seems less dirty

It is only a guess, but if the more recent production runs of the Ruger SR22 have whatever fix they applied to mine (I still have the paper with the note somewhere) - the ammo sensitivity issue may be less of an issue
I sent mine back early on also. It would go into battery somehow and wouldn’t shoot well. They put a pin in the slide to keep it(the slide) forward. Works flawlessly now. I like my SR22, I shoot it well but if you get a 22 pistol get one that you can put a red dot on and shoot competition with. I wonder if I can fit a red dot on the SR?

If you are going to buy a revolver, don't limit yourself to a DA revolver. Primarily because by necessity DA triggers on .22s are terrible.

A rimfire cartridge requires a harder wack to reliably ignite than a centerfire cartridge. So the hammer spring on a .22 is relatively speaking stiffer. That means a very heavy DA pull. So unless you are using a .22 revolver to practice for defensive or practical shooting simulating a DA revolver, you will shoot it SA more often than you would a centerfire gun. Where the DA pull can be reasonable.

Back
Top Bottom