• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22 WRF?

Anybody happen to see this ammo in their travels?
I can't purchase it in MA, but maybe some RI or CT forum members are familiar with a local source.
FWIW, there is some Aquila .22 Auto at the Hope Valley Bait & Tackle shop, if anybody shoots this caliber.
To be honest, I wasn't even familiar with either of these calibers.
Thanks.

y it comes around once in a while. I picked up some from midway a while (year od so) back for my friend who has his Grandfathers 22wrf pump gun. cool little thing.

like any short production run ammo you might have to google search 8-15 pages back to find some online from a small shop or get as many people you know to keep an eye out.

Thanks. The guy who wants it is a RI resident. I've found a source in CT, but until he drives me down there (or if I happen to be in North Branford) it will have to stay put, I guess.

sorry, when you said you can't buy it in MA, i thought you meant you can't find it in stock, not that you can't physically buy it.

Thanks. The guy who wants it is a RI resident. I've found a source in CT, but until he drives me down there (or if I happen to be in North Branford) it will have to stay put, I guess.

I've been to most of the RI gun stores that currently exist as a RI resident and I've never seen this ammo. Concededly, I usually brush past the rimfire.

His best bets would be:

*Heritage Gun and Coin in West Warwick
*Bullseye Shooting Supplies in Woonsocket
*Sporting Shoppe in Hope Valley

There's other stores in RI that might have it, but its a crap shoot. This is like trying to find .38-55 or .303 or 16-gauge; could be there, probably isn't. If he's a RI resident, he should buy it online.

A shop down state has it and I'm willing to buy it on my permit, but he simply has to get motivated to drive me down there.
If I happen to be in the area, I'll go buy it, but I'm not going to make a special run down there. That's all.
Thanks for the RI possibilities. I've already called most of them.

"FPrice", you nailed it. That is the exact item, yes.

The 22 WRF is basically a toned down .22 mag. i.e . Chambers and shoots out of your .22 mag chambered firearm but has less power and bark. Works well for back yard applications where the power of a .22lr is all that's wanted . You don't see it much as most folks with a .22 mag want max power. I have several box's around that I purchased somewhere here in MA a few years back. I might be willing to part with them since I seem to be without a .22 mag chambered rifle at the time.

Thanks, but shipping is a hassle and expensive. I have a shop in state that has it, it's just a matter of taking a trip downstate.
I also don't qualify to buy ammo in MA.

Back
Top Bottom