223 pricing

I don't think I have any empty brass, but bring your empties and I'll assist you in rolling your own.
Getting low on Speer 64gr GDSP bullets, but I do have some Mk 311 and another variety of jacketed frangible bullets on hand. You may bring your bullets of choice, of course. Powder limited to MP 475 and less than 1000 SR primers available, but this won't be a thousand-round production run anyways.

Plenty of other options even with CTD for 75c/rd. Not sure what the hot thing is with green-tip.

75c is STILL outrageous, but more in line with what is going on right now.

Plenty of other options even with CTD for 75c/rd. Not sure what the hot thing is with green-tip.

75c is STILL outrageous, but more in line with what is going on right now.

CTD has always been a predatory seller. Having lived through several shortages I recall their antics well.

I'll never buy from them... period.

CTD has always been a predatory seller. Having lived through several shortages I recall their antics well.

I'll never buy from them... period.
I'm of the mind that CTD must be targeting either dumbasses, elderly, or mentally ill people, because I've never seen one situation in the past 15+ years where they were the only ones who had ammo for sale. Even the flippers are always cheaper than CTD. I would never buy from them either, but does it make me evil if I like them existing? If they distract dumb tinfoilers and keep them away from the more reasonable stuff it's possibly a win... [laugh]

I almost think they do things like the $2 Green Tips to get free advertising. It's like the Needless Markups wishbook. They put that one really stupid expensive thing in there. Like a mink coat made from diamonds or something. No one buys it. But everyone wants a copy of their catalog to see it.

Those are very the same types of "buyers" who are bidding against each other (at thousands of auctions) on GB = scorched earth full potato spending
The same time though now, its tough to determine how many of those people are shills?

I might sell some of mine, just don't want to make the buyer cry, and don't want him to laugh at me either.
I've been selling it at 60 cents per round which is over 10 cents per round less than TSUSA when you factor in sales tax etc. I'm sure I could sell for higher but I'm fine getting 60 cpr....for now lol.

I want it to sell faster so thats why I undercut TSUSA...

Right now that’s more towards the “good” than bad side.
He posted that back in August.
I still outdid that - won an auction for a case at $430 final price, 3 weeks ago. Not so much luck anymore.

I'm of the mind that CTD must be targeting either dumbasses, elderly, or mentally ill people, because I've never seen one situation in the past 15+ years where they were the only ones who had ammo for sale. Even the flippers are always cheaper than CTD. I would never buy from them either, but does it make me evil if I like them existing? If they distract dumb tinfoilers and keep them away from the more reasonable stuff it's possibly a win... [laugh]

I was at Kittery Trading post last night and they had about 10 boxes of the 200 round Winchester Lake City for $109. I didn’t buy any but not a bad price considering

I've been getting around $0.65/per round and $1.14/round for match grade.
Reliable online source that delivers.
I don't think they are taking new orders for it though at the moment.

I've been lucky to stumble on what I think are half fair prices considering the market right now on gunbroker

I've been on several firearms websites. Most of them have 1 or 2 posts a day. It's why I still hang out here when I no longer have to deal with living in the Northeast. "Most" people don't know what else is out there. On any given day I see someone's eyes go wide when I mention buying 'cases' of ammo at one time. 'Most' people buy 1 or 2 boxes at a time and think 'I'm good'. I know I'm a lightweight when it comes to this site, but I'm sitting on 5-10k rounds of various calibers (mostly .22, but still). It's been a while since I did an inventory. I've literally had people take a step back when I slip and mention my house probably should be on a 'DNR' list for houses for the fire department.

I buy from CTD because it's simple and they have always had what I needed and had it in my hands 2-3 days later. I have yet to be disappointed in a purchase. While 'more expensive', in normal times, I have never found everything I was looking for at significantly cheaper prices. Yes, 223 might be cheaper, but the 308 wasn't somewhere else. The whole buying process takes 2-3 minutes and I'm done. Now that I don't shoot as much and have more free time, I'll be more inclined to try other places and look forward to it.

I keep saying, every place everyone has mentioned is on backorder, I'm waiting for my $400 case of 556 to email me. If I get that email, I'll be ordering, if I'm quick enough. That's a LOT of if's in one sentence. CTD has it in stock and probably in your hands in a couple of days (if normal shipping rules applied, Christmas and Covid are screwing everything up).

a steel Wolf 3241fps at $649.99 per case, no tax, free shipping is still available.

I've been on several firearms websites. Most of them have 1 or 2 posts a day. It's why I still hang out here when I no longer have to deal with living in the Northeast. "Most" people don't know what else is out there. On any given day I see someone's eyes go wide when I mention buying 'cases' of ammo at one time. 'Most' people buy 1 or 2 boxes at a time and think 'I'm good'. I know I'm a lightweight when it comes to this site, but I'm sitting on 5-10k rounds of various calibers (mostly .22, but still). It's been a while since I did an inventory. I've literally had people take a step back when I slip and mention my house probably should be on a 'DNR' list for houses for the fire department.

I buy from CTD because it's simple and they have always had what I needed and had it in my hands 2-3 days later. I have yet to be disappointed in a purchase. While 'more expensive', in normal times, I have never found everything I was looking for at significantly cheaper prices. Yes, 223 might be cheaper, but the 308 wasn't somewhere else. The whole buying process takes 2-3 minutes and I'm done. Now that I don't shoot as much and have more free time, I'll be more inclined to try other places and look forward to it.

I keep saying, every place everyone has mentioned is on backorder, I'm waiting for my $400 case of 556 to email me. If I get that email, I'll be ordering, if I'm quick enough. That's a LOT of if's in one sentence. CTD has it in stock and probably in your hands in a couple of days (if normal shipping rules applied, Christmas and Covid are screwing everything up).

Lol, I stopped paying attention to them when their prices started bouncing all over the place. Further, in normal times I've never found them competitive. Maybe better part of 20 years ago
they were, I remember on a few subtypes of ammo they would steep discount, but nowadays? They're basically a joke. if I go back to January or even Febuary this year, I bet I could beat
their prices at retail locally. [laugh] There are at least like 5 shops that steep-discount ammo when they can get it.

Lol, I stopped paying attention to them when their prices started bouncing all over the place. Further, in normal times I've never found them competitive. Maybe better part of 20 years ago
they were, I remember on a few subtypes of ammo they would steep discount, but nowadays? They're basically a joke. if I go back to January or even Febuary this year, I bet I could beat
their prices at retail locally. [laugh] There are at least like 5 shops that steep-discount ammo when they can get it.

Make no mistake, I don't doubt you. But when you live 2+ hours from the nearest Walmart, it's nice having a place that just has what you are looking for with no fuss. I now live in a fairly major city and haven't bought ammo in the last couple of years. I guess I need to get shooting.

so, i am all set, but, tempted a bit.
there are at least 4 auctions for federal .223 that are to end in 3 hours. all are at very competitive price levels right now - $305 - $405, all from OIF seller that will ship to MA.

good luck.

Last edited:
so, i am all set, but, tempted a bit.
there are at least 4 auctions for federal .223 that are to end in 3 hours. all are at very competitive price levels right now - $305 - $405, all from OIF seller that will ship to MA.

good luck.
I'm seeing PMC with 19 bids, 4 hours to go....at $755. Time to put a case up for sale. :p

no sense worrying about pricing, it comes down to what you are willing to pay. I don't think I'd sell my surplus as of yet. for years I've taken reloaded 556 to the range and let my factorys languish in storage. no wisdom or crystal ball readings here, it just made sense at the time cause it took so long to amass a stash after the last shortage. I kept buying one of those 450 rd federal ammo cans a week until the price went north of 125 and started climbing fast. then I bought it in 20 rd boxes whenever someone had it and you were limited to 100 rds. I can still get a good deal on bulk 55gr bullets at glens when he has them so continuing to reload is still an option here.

I should be selling the 30-06 I got from CMP 15 years ago. Damn. If .223 is 50c. What's 06? A buck a round???? I could pay for my Garand for crying out loud. LOL
Sealed HXP cans seem to be getting bid up to $250 or so for the 240 round cans on gunbroker. I have a couple on ice that I don't have particular plans for, and if I could get that price with a local cash sale I'd be thinking really hard about it. Same for 7.62x54R if it gets up to $0.75/rd or so.

I think that's the real price cap right now. Once prices are high enough that it gets people to start selling their stash it reaches equilibrium.

If you want "back in the day" stories, at all the gun shows in the 90's there were these big wooden cases (iirc, 2000 rounds) of Chinese steel-cased 9mm that were selling for $100 or so. I assume corrosive, but at that price...

I got one of those sealed 192 round spam cans of HXP on bandoleers etc from the CMP. I haven't opened it and don't plan on selling it. Though it is tempting with how much the price of HXP 30-06 has shot up.

Sealed HXP cans seem to be getting bid up to $250 or so for the 240 round cans on gunbroker. I have a couple on ice that I don't have particular plans for, and if I could get that price with a local cash sale I'd be thinking really hard about it. Same for 7.62x54R if it gets up to $0.75/rd or so.

I think that's the real price cap right now. Once prices are high enough that it gets people to start selling their stash it reaches equilibrium.

If you want "back in the day" stories, at all the gun shows in the 90's there were these big wooden cases (iirc, 2000 rounds) of Chinese steel-cased 9mm that were selling for $100 or so. I assume corrosive, but at that price...

Jeebus - I have 20 boxes of .30-06, not to mention ~500 rounds of once fired brass. I could buy a villa in Tuscany!

Back
Top Bottom