• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

22LR Ammo

My Mark III really doesn't like ejecting spent casings of the CCI .22 standard for some reason.

If i pop Wolf Match Target in there, i never seem to have any problems. Has anyone else had (I'm calling it "Stickiness issues, lol) with the CCI?

Winchester Stinks, will no longer use it. I had Wildcats & Target T22 and get 1-2 duds per 50, very frustrating, plan on writing to winchester.

I shot some of the Aguila 38gr hp se subsonics yesterday and loved them, nice tight groups at 50 yards. Only problem I have is they tend to have a flatter nose which doesn't load in the bolt action once in a while. They make a rn se subsonic which I'll try next.

Also shot some CCI Blazer and Remington Subsonics yesterday. The Remington sucks, while it loads every time I was getting 1-2 ftf out of every box of 50 rnds and the shot groupings made it very difficult to sight in the scope with them. The CCI Blazer was on par with any other bulk ammo I've fired.

I was in the Hamburg PA Cabelas last week. They had Plastic ammo boxes with 2100 rounds of Federal HP's for $79.99. American Eagle for $19.99 per Brick. CCI Std Velocity $6.99 per hundred I came home with about 5000 rounds.

This out of a 10/22 with a Green Mountain 20" bull barrel, upgraded extractor, and Mueller APV scope at 50 yards off a bipod:

Federal blue box - most accurate, feeds well, a few failures to extract. Will put 5 rounds under a dime at 50 yards. Easily. It is more than likely more accurate than I am.
Winchester Target - VERY close behind the blue box in terms of accuracy, no failures of any kind
CCI Hypervelocity - Wont group well at all at 50 yards - Couldn't get 5 rounds under a quarter. No failures of any kind.
Rem bulk pack - Blew the extractor out of the gun when it didn't seat fully in the chamber, blowing out the side of the casing. [angry] Can't attest to accuracy because I refuse to use it in the nice gun. [wink]
Winchester XPert - Wouldn't seat in the match chamber of the barrel. No further data - Didn't want to replace the extractor again.

I still would like to try the CMP Aguila stuff (I've had good luck with their ammo in the past, but have never tried it in this gun) as well as some standard CCI.

I love the fed blue box. It is the only ammo I can use after my many mods..... Meanwhile my stock 10/22 shoots just about anything

Back
Top Bottom