• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22lr Availability

Wow.........looks like things are shifting in the .22lr shortage. Seeing lots more in the classifieds. Prices are even coming back down from the outrageous gouging prices of recent weeks. Maybe a sign of the times.

I love seeing the WTS threads with about 10 bumps. I guess not many sane people want to pay $50 for a brick of remington thunderbolts [rolleyes]. I wish I could see some of their faces when they realize they are stuck with 1,000,000 rounds of 22s and a hefty credit card bill.

[end rant]

Plenty of people still can't find it, and are willing to pay extravagant prices for it.

That's the glory of a free market. I might not like it either, but that's the name of the game.

Same exact thing going on last year with people selling AR lowers for $1,000, or BCG's for $600.

If people are willing to pay those prices, does it make it that crazy???

I have tons of .22 right now. If I wanted to sell some for $1 per round, and someone actually paid that price, so what. I very well may do just that.

If buyer and seller are happy, who cares?

I’m new to this sport and find the search for ammo enough to put me off!
I have been lucky a couple of times, but going into stores and asking the sales guy if he’s any 9mm or .22 ammo and see the look on hisface. A question he’s been asked a million times.
Yeah there’s usually a couple of boxes of some outrageously priced stuff, but I never seem to catch the regular stuff.
Then I read about people stocking up with .22 and they don’t even shoot it?

There I feel a bit better now!

(My SR22 is a fussy eater and needs a fast round. If anyone has some .22LR they want to sell privately without getting into a race to get there or calling a gazillion times, then I would be pleased to hear (have current MA LTC))

Thanks
Kev

Last edited:
I have to fight the urge to neg-rep the $100/brick classified ads here

That's what I'm talking about! Those are the people who are making this drought last. They prey on the newer shooters who don't know what fair prices look like or the desperate shooters. I know it is a free market, but I thought people were better than that. I guess I am naive.

Sent via carrier pigeon

I'll be listing 6,000 rounds of .22LR later on tonight for $3,000 or best offer. I guarantee someone will buy it.

$250 a brick? Prices are nuts but not that nuts. Well unless best offer is $800 and you take it I guess.

Lowest I plan on going is $1500. That's .25 a round. More than fair if you ask me.

At $40-$50 a brick you'll probably sell no problem. At $70 the buyers have to be desperate. I have seen .22 go for that but most buyers are right on the edge at that point, and they'll only suck for $70 price if they've got no ammo at all. More than that and almost nobody will buy it. I was up at the Brattleboro gun show last week and all the .22 bricks that were there were around $70+ a brick and it was untouched, and it was Sunday, so if they were going to get cleaned out it would have happened already. People are desperate but they're not THAT desperate.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom