• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22lr Availability

Figured another full retard post needed to be followed up with another selfie

Why so serious batman? [laugh]

For the guys who bought the ammo to resell it to others, I love finding out who they are. Offer $15 for something they are selling for $50. Then, a couple days later, they take the offer because of said credit card bill.

Why get bent out of shape if someone is selling a $15 box of ammo for $60 to $100? Just don.t buy it.

At 11-12 cents per round, .22LR ammo is readily available, from what I've seen on dealers' shelves. Finding exactly what you want might be tough though.

Just because it's posted in the classifieds DOESN'T mean people are actually paying those prices! The .22LR group buy fizzled and some punk ass figured it would be a good time to try to scalp some .22LR on the classifieds. Well a bunch of other douche bags saw one person doing it and they all jumped on board. It doesn't cost anything to put up a classified ad, after all...

But no one is buying that crap at those prices, regardless of what the scalpers say...

I actually did neg rep the guy asking 140 for two bricks of golden bullets

why neg rep him? is he somehow not entitled to seek a profit? as asinine as some prices i have seen lately ( and $140 is asinine), its still between the guy buying and the guy selling. although most of us will balk at 10-15 cents per round, there are people out there buying at those prices. i know some people don't believe it, but its true.
the basic law of trade is both parties leave satisfied, no one is forced to trade cash with him, but when and if people do, its between them and i am sure both will leave the transaction satisfied....

why neg rep him? is he somehow not entitled to seek a profit? as asinine as some prices i have seen lately ( and $140 is asinine), its still between the guy buying and the guy selling. although most of us will balk at 10-15 cents per round, there are people out there buying at those prices. i know some people don't believe it, but its true.
the basic law of trade is both parties leave satisfied, no one is forced to trade cash with him, but when and if people do, its between them and i am sure both will leave the transaction satisfied....
The guy has the right to ask what he wants......and I have the ability to say that its stupid outragouse high price

Yeah, it's a free market. You have the right to buy and sell things as supply/demand dictates. I, personally, have purchased things before with the intent of making a couple bucks or trading up. That doesn't make you any less of a dick in my mind if you're trying to get $80+ for a brick of Blazers/Thunderbolts.

Yeah, it's a free market. You have the right to buy and sell things as supply/demand dictates. I, personally, have purchased things before with the intent of making a couple bucks or trading up. That doesn't make you any less of a dick in my mind if you're trying to get $80+ for a brick of Blazers/Thunderbolts.
This x1000

The guy has a right to ask what he wants, free market, bla, bla, bla... But this website allows users to weigh in on the conduct and commentary of other members by using positive and negative rep. Seems to be that members who think the guy is a douchebag for using the website to scalp 22LR at ridiculous prices should be welcome to neg rep him. Isn't that the point of the function?

Something about "preying" on new shooters who apparently just buy .22 indiscriminately without researching prices or availability.

Well, that's their problem. "Caveat Emptor". Anyone who just grabs up a box of .22 LR at $80 thinking that it's "normal" gets what they deserve.

I also agree with what TonyDedo said earlier. It is complete bullshit to believe some guy who lists a $100 box of .22LR is actually getting that much. Sometimes sellers even falsely close ads to create the illusion that it sold at that price. Same thing was happening on gunbroker, some shithead would be trying to sell a case of 5.56 ammo for $700, and they would just use a shill bidder to keep essentially "winning their own auction" and then either do a relist or a second chance offer to the guy who fell for the shill. (eg, the 2nd person in line.). When the dust settles there is no way in hell that actual people were paying $700 for those cases of ammo 99% of the
time )

-Mike

Last edited:
I actually did neg rep the guy asking 140 for two bricks of golden bullets

Please, stop doing this. People whine about it and then we have to clean up the mess later on. Ignore the ad, block the poster if it offends you that much. The rep system should NOT be used for price whining. They have the right to price their shit at whatever price they want, the same as you do to IGNORE it and protest it by NOT BUYING IT.

-Mike

The guy has a right to ask what he wants, free market, bla, bla, bla... But this website allows users to weigh in on the conduct and commentary of other members by using positive and negative rep. Seems to be that members who think the guy is a douchebag for using the website to scalp 22LR at ridiculous prices should be welcome to neg rep him. Isn't that the point of the function?

Using the rep system for whining about prices is ****ing stupid. If it was a good idea I would have neg about 95% of the classified ads I see because the pricing sucks and is out of touch with reality. That doesn't mean the person selling the item is inherently "bad." I have friends who sell stuff on here who list things at stupid prices. That doesn't change my opinion of who they are as people.

Negging someones ad because the price sucks is like something a 5 year old would do. It's a step above monkeys hurling feces at one another. So now we're going to say "It's OK to have shitty prices, but not prices that are WAY too shitty, that deserves a neg" Well who gets to determine that? The whole thing is stupid. X the ad out and move on.

-Mike

I've done pretty well in the last few weeks. I allowed myself to overpay for a 550 round Federal brick at a gun show a couple weeks ago. He was asking $55, but took the $50 that I offered. Since it's copper jacketed hollow point, I'm satisfied with 9 cents per round. This week on 2 separate occasions I was able to grab a 500 round brick of Blazer at Cabelas. Cabela's shipping is ridiculous, so it wound up costing $36 per box, but that's a price I'm willing to pay.

This puts me at 2k rounds of .22. That's enough that from now on I'm only going to buy when it's a deal.

At 11-12 cents per round, .22LR ammo is readily available, from what I've seen on dealers' shelves. Finding exactly what you want might be tough though.

Wow epic facepalm here. The fact that people are talking about .22lr at 11-12 cents a round is a good price is odd to me. You realize at 12 cents a round that is a $65 brick.......of .22lr! I'm still finding it every now and then for $26 - $30 a brick.....BPS, wallyworld when you can find it. Why do people think a $65 brick of .22 is a good price? Yes you need to put in some time looking around shopping but I go to the range with my son twice a month and shoot .22pistol and revolver......have managed to keep about 2000 rounds in my safe.......and never spent more than $35 for a brick in the last year.

Last edited:
Wow epic facepalm here. The fact that people are talking about .22lr at 11-12 cents a round is a good price is odd to me. You realize at 12 cents a round that is a $65 brick.......of .22lr! I'm still finding it every now and then for $26 - $30 a brick.....BPS, wallyworld when you can find it. Why do people think a $65 brick of .22 is a good price? Yes you need to put in some time looking around shopping but I go to the range with my son twice a month and shoot .22pistol and revolver......have managed to keep about 2000 rounds in my safe.......and never spent more than $35 for a brick in the last year.

Because if I just wanted .22 NOW $50 or even $65 might be a good price. I hit walmarts and several gun shops every month (not necessarily looking for .22, but I always take note of whether its there or not) and I've only managed to score one box at Shooters Outpost, although a few weeks ago I probably could have got another 325 pack of it there, too. For someone with no .22 ammo paying $50 or whatever might be "good price" compared to driving around like a 'tard for 4 hours trying to find a single box of it at the non-shit price. Obviously if you're retired or have lots of time to waste, paying the shit prices are stupid and you're better off waiting, and striking the walmarts when everyone else is at work.

-Mike

Northshore Firearms in Middleton has CCI Minimags at $10.95/100 rds, not the price of yesteryear, and hopefully of tomorrow, but not bad in this market
2 boxes/day limit, but there was a ton on Saturday

Northshore Firearms in Middleton has CCI Minimags at $10.95/100 rds, not the price of yesteryear, and hopefully of tomorrow, but not bad in this market

Ouch. I can see why they had a ton left, almost 12 cents per round when you include sales tax. But thanks for the update nonetheless.

This thread makes me want to go fill my mags...and then take inventory. Keeps me out of Walmart, BPS and Dicks for at least a day or so. [rofl]

The only way the prices will ever go back to where they were, or at least level off, is for people to stop buying it up like the world is ending.

By the looks of what people are saying here that day is not coming soon.

Back
Top Bottom