.22LR MEGA THREAD!

When I was growing up we used shorts for the quiet times.
Rat elimination at the dump , the trash falling off the pile was loader than the report

got SK long range tested today, it performed quite well. there was a very little wind at 100yds, so, it may be wind, or may be me.
15 rounds below. grid is 1" in size.
red arrow is at the POA. a lot of them went into same hole. i find it more than adequate.

View attachment 737300
Well was the wind Full Value Right to Left?

dunno.
it was pretty calm, almost no wind, but 22lr does not need much.
That group looks like a full value from the right , yup no way its you, lol

I like seeing your elevation is pretty consistent and I think thats more important than windage. So either you have a consistent “pull” to the left or its wind.
Still a nice group for 22lr

Whats the production date.
Blazer is pure plinkshit ammo
Doesn't say, but Im sure its in the last year or two. I have a Beretta 92 22lr that freakin never fails to fire (I fire off duds in it all the time) and the blazer primer was pretty inconsistent.
So that means Winchester and now Blazer are on my shitlist for 22.

I run Federal AutoMatch in my Walther p22 and in my Ruger MKI. I never have a problem. I think it is the same price as Blazer.
On Midway, Blazer is 1¢ more per round. I would buy Federal over Blazer even if it were (not a lot) more.

Is it me or is this ammo wack? Im shooting pistols today and Im getting duds every 10 rounds or so. Mad annoying.

View attachment 845420

Blazer .22LR is the bargain basement of the Federal/CCI product line so you probably should not be surprised.

Well I guess that might not be true since Vista acquired Remington in 2020.
Cough, thunderbolt, cough, bullshit, cough, cough!

Remains to be seen if after the purposed sale of all of Vista’s ammo holdings to the new owners, Czechoslovak Group (CSG), they consider consolidating the product line.

New post consolidation, ThunderBlaze! skinflint .22LR

🐯

Blazer was the first ammo I ever shot, so I got a soft spot for that brand and I've never had that many issues with it, but when I can get CCI Standard Velocity for the same price and it shoots way better, Blazer isn't something I bother to go out of my way to buy unless it's a good sale.

Blazer .22LR is the bargain basement of the Federal/CCI product line so you probably should not be surprised.

Well I guess that might not be true since Vista acquired Remington in 2020.
Cough, thunderbolt, cough, bullshit, cough, cough!

Remains to be seen if after the purposed sale of all of Vista’s ammo holdings to the new owners, Czechoslovak Group (CSG), they consider consolidating the product line.

New post consolidation, ThunderBlaze! skinflint .22LR

🐯
I always thought that Thunderbolt used leaves and rabbit pellets as propellant. Those rounds were filthy.

I run Federal AutoMatch in my Walther p22 and in my Ruger MKI. I never have a problem. I think it is the same price as Blazer.
On Midway, Blazer is 1¢ more per round. I would buy Federal over Blazer even if it were (not a lot) more.
Been buying federal automatch for many years. Not the most accurate available but it is good for plate whacking and plinking very few duds.

For hunting purposes I use cci standard for the most part it's accurate let's face it.....22lr is to a squirrel what 50 bmg is to 2 legged vermin. I hear debates all the time about what's "best on squirrel"......ffs.....the best 22 on squirrel is what's most accurate in your rifle......even regular old lead round nose will devastate a squirrel.

Been buying federal automatch for many years. Not the most accurate available but it is good for plate whacking and plinking very few duds.

For hunting purposes I use cci standard for the most part it's accurate let's face it.....22lr is to a squirrel what 50 bmg is to 2 legged vermin. I hear debates all the time about what's "best on squirrel"......ffs.....the best 22 on squirrel is what's most accurate in your rifle......even regular old lead round nose will devastate a squirrel.
Was shooting Automatch yesterday. Tons of FTF in a Ruger Charger, moved on to an AR 15 with a .22 conversion, same thing. Switched to CCI Standard velocity, and had no more problems. Maybe a bad batch. Never had a problem with it before.

Back
Top Bottom