.22LR MEGA THREAD!

Made the foray into the .22 LR world today. Bought a Thompson Center T/C R22 at Four Seasons for 229.00. I'm looking to add a scope and was looking at a Vortex Crossfire II 2-7X32. Wondering if anyone else has a scope on theirs and what size rings are suggested? I plan on keeping the rear peep and front sight on.

Thanks for any info.

Thanks for the information. I ordered the scope and will figure it out when I get it. I'll update here when I do. I didn't want to order the rings only to have them be the wrong ones, so I'll measure once I have the scope.

I have this Rifle, and am going to order this scope - which rings did you settle on for the Appleseed kerryman71?

Thanks.

Has anyone tried the CCI plastic coated .22lr, sold as 'clean'

109069.jpg

Do they really give less lead to clean out the barrel, and maybe less lead bits splattered around inside the action ?
Or maybe it's just a gimmick, I don't know.
They're 0.07/rd , compared to 0.06 for mini mags, (or 0.03 for bulk copper plated, at Target Sports USA)
I shot the pink clean 22 and it was keyholing every 10 rounds or so in my SR22. Also wouldn’t feed in my Nordic Components 22 AR upper.
I won’t be buying this again unless the quality changes.

Cleaned up a couple of these during the crappy weather here a few weeks ago. They are fun plinkers. They shoot S, L, LR and are quite accurate. The bores are still mint and the actions are smooth. Stevens Model 87A.
image.jpeg

So far they've digested everything I've run through them, Federal bulk pack, Remington military contract, CCI Standard velocity, CCI mini mags, Remington Shorts, CB CAPS, Winchester, Remington Thunderbolts.

I keep one handy at the back door for squirrel intruders.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the CCI plastic coated .22lr, sold as 'clean'

109069.jpg

Do they really give less lead to clean out the barrel, and maybe less lead bits splattered around inside the action ?
Or maybe it's just a gimmick, I don't know.
They're 0.07/rd , compared to 0.06 for mini mags, (or 0.03 for bulk copper plated, at Target Sports USA)

Picked up a brick of the blue tips, which sells as sub-sonic and not high velocity.
Put about 200 through a 617 for indoor plates.
I'm leaning more towards the gimmick theory.
Might cut down on lead splatter vs. the regular wax coat.

Cleaned up a couple of these during the crappy weather here a few weeks ago. They are fun plinkers. They shoot S, L, LR and are quite accurate. The bores are still mint and the actions are smooth. Stevens Model 87A.
View attachment 337191

So far they've digested everything I've run through them, Federal bulk pack, Remington military contract, CCI Standard velocity, CCI mini mags, Remington Shorts, CB CAPS, Winchester, Remington Thunderbolts.

Its actually sad that so many of todays 22s dont function well.
I have 22s that are 50 plus yrs old and cycle shorts, longs, lr with out issues.

Picked up a brick of the blue tips, which sells as sub-sonic and not high velocity.
Put about 200 through a 617 for indoor plates.
I'm leaning more towards the gimmick theory.
Might cut down on lead splatter vs. the regular wax coat.
Maybe good to keep your silencers cleaner

Has anyone picked up any of the new milk carton looking Blazer “pour” packs? I see 425 round and 200 round cartons.

I also saw Federal 325 round packs of 40 grain.
Is this a new pack for auto match or something else?

Has anyone picked up any of the new milk carton looking Blazer “pour” packs? I see 425 round and 200 round cartons.

I also saw Federal 325 round packs of 40 grain.
Is this a new pack for auto match or something else?
I was tempted to buy some at Walmart last month since it was so cheap. But I didn’t...funny packaging though.

View attachment 337191

nice , and I can tell you other than rust prevention they really dont need cleaning for decades!

I have been shooting Blazer for years. It's perfectly adequate plinking ammo. I just bought a couple thou. right before "the scare". It was the as cheap as cheapest TS had at the time.
gone through several thouand blazer , often CCI SV is the same or close enough to other cheap brands so I buy that. ATK owns CCI,Federal, Blazer so the most discounted loose bulk ammo could come from anywhere and be all levels of good or not.
Fun stuff.

Stopped by Walmart on the way home from work today. Grabbed the rest of the CCI Blazer and SV 22.
The CCI Blazer 200 round cartons were only $7.96.
CCI SV was $3.47 per 50.
And the Remington golden bullet 525 round packs were $24.94. Curious how the golden bullet and Blazer run in the 22 SBR.

They still had a bunch of Federal automatch, Remington 1400 round buckets, Remington 100 round sleeves and Winchester 333 and 100 round packs.

Good that Walmart still has 22.
088CF56D-91F3-4B1A-960D-1612250E19D9.jpeg8AC99963-102C-4543-AE86-0F1F94FAF274.jpeg0C151B8E-158E-4067-B495-D58D15BC526C.jpeg

Stopped by Walmart on the way home from work today. Grabbed the rest of the CCI Blazer and SV 22.
CCI SV was $3.47 per 50.
And the Remington golden bullet 525 round packs were $24.94. Curious how the golden bullet and Blazer run in the 22 SBR.

They still had a bunch of Federal automatch, Remington 1400 round buckets, Remington 100 round sleeves and Winchester 333 and 100 round packs.

View attachment 371452View attachment 371453View attachment 371454

Stop Buying All The Ammo! Can’t you reload .22 with everything else? Jeez...

Scored some CCI SV among other things at the Worcester walmart on Saturday. Out the wally world so I can hit it up in a week. We gots to rotate.

CCI SV was $3.47 per 50.

Whenever the wife drags me to wally world, I always try to buy a box of something. Lately, that's where I have been finding buckshot. Now you got me thinking about buying 22.

CCI SV was $3.47 per 50.

CCI Blazer ran 100% in my SBR. Wish I could say the same about golden bullet. Lot of FTFs and FTEs. I’ll save this ammo for the DW revolver.

CCI Blazer ran 100% in my SBR. Wish I could say the same about golden bullet. Lot of FTFs and FTEs. I’ll save this ammo for the DW revolver.
Nice! I’m going to snag some more but I need to try it out in a couple things first.
I’m not as worried about feeding issue for packing it deep. As long as the priming is done well I’m happy. If it doesn’t feed well in the autos I have enough lever guns, single shots, pumps and bolts to make use of it without worrying about feeding.

Back
Top Bottom