• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

22lr

Its been awhile since i put shorts through the henry but if i remember correctly it held 21 rounds of 22s vs. 15 rounds of 22l. It was accurate for plinking At 50 feet but the action felt a bit "grainy" using shorts.

Rileys had a good supply of mini mags and green tag. Plus some 50 round boxes of federal. 2 box limit. Got two 100 round boxes of mini mags for just under 14 bucks. I usually stay away from the hv 22 but itll be fun to put through the revolver.

BPS had no 22 lr in stock. I skipped shooters pogue post this time not too fond of that place anymore. Collectable was fun as always didnt buy anything and they had no 22 either. Actually in the market for an sks and he had only one beat to snot albanian there for 400 bucks. Sheesh

Last edited:
Gander Mountain in Charlotte was selling 1000-rd boxes of Winchester M22 yesterday for $54. I felt compelled to take four of them off their hands.

I found a brand of ammo that my ruger single ten wont "eat". Winchester white box. I opened a box that i bought last year at the range yesterday and the cases are all deformed and filthy. I cant even fit them in the cylinders! Opened a fresh box of federal target and they slid in no problem and fired great so it was not a dirty gun. Nasty batch i guess as ive never had a problem with wwb before.

I found a brand of ammo that my ruger single ten wont "eat". Winchester white box. I opened a box that i bought last year at the range yesterday and the cases are all deformed and filthy. I cant even fit them in the cylinders! Opened a fresh box of federal target and they slid in no problem and fired great so it was not a dirty gun. Nasty batch i guess as ive never had a problem with wwb before.
That stuff is terrible, I have two boxes of the winchester 333 and it won't run well in any of my .22 semi autos. Its only good in my single-six, and even then they don't always fit well...

That stuff is terrible, I have two boxes of the winchester 333 and it won't run well in any of my .22 semi autos. Its only good in my single-six, and even then they don't always fit well...
It goes through the henry lever action i own so not all is lost. Never thouht is find a bramd that wouldnt work in a revolver!

Completely agree, is total crap ammo. I unloaded the boxes I had back to an LGS.

Back
Top Bottom