• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.22s

I just inherited a Glenfield marlin model 60. I was told that I could use all different types of 22's is that true?

Geez, these are cool .22 rifles but mine will only fire .22 LR, not shorts or .22 mag.

I don't have any specific experience with this model, but it might depend on when it was produced. Also there is no harm in trying shorts or longs, not any danger just won't cycle/function properly....

I also have that rifle produced in early 80's only 22long is marked on my barrel. I think due to it being a semi auto you cant use shorts in it
I do have a old 22 bolt that that will do multiple 22 styles long short and lr

Thanks guys... I will look on the barrel but I have not had my hands on it yet... Should be picking it up this weekend.

Earlier models handled short, long and lr. This model however basically uses the lr, and won't cycle the action with other ammo as someone already posted. I have a bolt action 22 from 1978' 7 round mag, hadnles lr, long, short, subsonic, whatever. But obviously no power from the ammo needed to cycle things. Ron

Back
Top Bottom