24-7 Carry

I think he's saying, this will encourage more people to carry at all times as an alternative to locking it up?
I don't need to be "encouraged". I do what I want in my home (just like the rest of you). The shitheads can go down the border and enforce the immigration laws. Jack.

Sorry if this is a dupe somewhere nothing in search

I do believe this would be a positive for 24-7 carry ......

Not sure if serious, safe storage bullshit has nothing to do with carry rate, nothing. MA has that bullshit too, and I would bet the carry rate is only marginally better than near full ban (like nj, CA etc) states. Safe storage bullshit makes every day carry more inconvenient. Nobody here will admit it but half the people in MA intermittently break safe storage (when they have “cover” to do it) because the laws are so f***ing stupid.

ETA: summary…. Beatrice, that’s not how this works….

View: https://youtu.be/Aq_1l316ow8

So basically you can't leave guns laying around the house when you aren't home ?

So basically you can't leave guns laying around the house when you aren't home ?
The only thing that you HAVE to do is die. Everything else is optional. Jack.

Lady Radtekk and I went away for a weekend trip a while back. I decided to lock up the various non-carry guns while we were gone. Took about 15 minutes to corral them and put them "away". 15 minutes after we got on the road I remembered one I'd forgotten.

Lady Radtekk and I went away for a weekend trip a while back. I decided to lock up the various non-carry guns while we were gone. Took about 15 minutes to corral them and put them "away". 15 minutes after we got on the road I remembered one I'd forgotten.

Ya, I don't need a law to tell me to lock shit up when I leave.. I mean is there a law that says you have to lock your front door or close your garage when you leave ? I lock my shit up when I leave because I am paranoid, not because of some law. When my GF's kid is over, I don't need a law that tells me that I should not leave it laying around.

I guess some idiots do though and this is why we can't have nice things.

In fairness, he did say "while I am home"

ok
i would not want to arm an intruder with my own rifle while I am home

having functional (ie loaded) firearms in plain sight is stupid. I’m not saying it should be illegal but it’s dumb as it gets. There are ample methods to hide HD weapons and still have them immediately accessible without cumbersome locks.

as i posted earlier, homes are frequently targeted for firearms theft in our state. In most instances those firearms are left in plain sight so thieves easily spot them or the property is cased in advance. Best case scenario theyre only stolen. Worst case they get used against homeowner or others.

I would not want to walk into my house with an intruder now armed by my own rifle.
Meh. Just put 29 rds of 5.56 in the mag and top it off w/ a round of 300 blk. Bad guy go boom! Or you pull the charging handle twice instead of once. Then bad guy go boom! [rofl2]

Besides, having to pull off a trigger lock before dropping one of your guns near the corpse it just annoying.

Last edited:
Laws do not alter behavior. Enforcement of laws alters behavior. Just how would this law be enforced?

1. When enforcement is after the fact and someone admits a gun was not locked up.
2. When police enter a home - that’s not the biggest problem when that happens.

Laws do not alter behavior. Enforcement of laws alters behavior. Just how would this law be enforced?

1. When enforcement is after the fact and someone admits a gun was not locked up.
3. In home random inspections by Jack booted brown shirts.

3. In home random inspections by Jack booted brown shirts.
I was thinking Red Flag ERPO based on somebody simply saying a gun owner didn’t have his guns locked up. By definition, not locking up your guns is an extreme risk now. Of course, with the possibility of unlocked and loaded guns in a home, a no-knock SWAT entry would be justified…

It is an additional thing to get you.

But more important, it is a "feel good" for the politicians to say they did something and try to look good.

The downside is it won't stop there.

Didn't Heller decide this already? .gov CANNOT force people to lock up their guns or make them inoperative in the home. Period. End of discussion.

District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008), was a landmark decision of the US Supreme Court ruling that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution protects an individual's right to keep and bear arms, unconnected with service in a militia, for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home, and that the District of Columbia's handgun ban and requirement that lawfully owned rifles and shotguns be kept "unloaded and disassembled or bound by a trigger lock" violated this guarantee.

Back
Top Bottom