• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

25% Tax on all Gun and Ammo Sales Proposed

GOAL

NES Member
This is a section within the legislation just filed by Rep. Linsky. We are still going through the entire bill which will take some time.

An Act to Reduce Gun Violence and to Protect the Citizens of the Commonwealth.

Section 34. An excise is hereby imposed upon sales at retail in the commonwealth, by any vendor, of ammunition, rifles, shotguns, firearms or parts thereof at the rate of 25 percent of the gross receipts of the vendor from all such sales of such property. The excise shall be paid by the vendor to the commissioner at the time provided for filing the return required by section sixteen of chapter sixty-two C. Said receipts shall be deposited in a trust account called “Firearm Sales Tax Trust Fund” which shall be set up on the books of the Commonwealth for the purposes of firearms licensing, mental health services and victim’s services, subject to appropriation.

Not good. Since everyone would then buy in nh, it puts mass gun stores out of business.

This is a section within the legislation just filed by Rep. Linsky. We are still going through the entire bill which will take some time.

An Act to Reduce Gun Violence and to Protect the Citizens of the Commonwealth.

Section 34. An excise is hereby imposed upon sales at retail in the commonwealth, by any vendor, of ammunition, rifles, shotguns, firearms or parts thereof at the rate of 25 percent of the gross receipts of the vendor from all such sales of such property. The excise shall be paid by the vendor to the commissioner at the time provided for filing the return required by section sixteen of chapter sixty-two C. Said receipts shall be deposited in a trust account called “Firearm Sales Tax Trust Fund” which shall be set up on the books of the Commonwealth for the purposes of firearms licensing, mental health services and victim’s services, subject to appropriation.

Typical Democrat, its not about saving the Children its about Money. The " save the children " act is just that an act. They want more money.

It just keeps getting worse the more you dig through it... please keep us updated on what else you find.
I am pissed and its not going away.

We can fight the tax and LIABILITY INSUANCE based on it is unfair to minorities, they said that minorities cannot afford a $25 one time fee for a photo ID so we can't have voter ID,
So how can a minority afford liability insurance on a gun? It is racist!

This is great! NOT KIDDING! The more of this nonsense the better! This will wake up all the shot gunners, bolt guys, hunters etc! Lets do this!

Are you serious. they want all large-capacity rifles to be stored at a gun club. Basically writes out the word "large capacity" from the licenses. This is crap.

it sounds like a lot more trips to NH, and buying other things since I'm in the area, so not only the local gunshops will suffer, somewhat (?). I think that most shooters try to get things in bulk elsewhere anyways.

This bill is worse than Patrick's. We now have a war on two fronts.

There is no ****ing way I will be storing my AR or any long rifle at a gun club, none that I know of even have the capability of this. If someone wanted to shoot someone, theoretically, couldn't they just take it out of their locker?

I will not pay ammo tax. I will go to NH.

I will not relinquish my HIPAA privacy rights protected under the 5th and 14th Amendments. Giving a chief of police full access to medical records thereby enabling them to act as an MD and decide if someone is suitable to exercise their 2A right is outrageous.

I will not pay liability insurance.

This man needs to be tarred and feathered, and we better hope this bill doesnt get out of committee. Incorporate this unconstitutional bill on top of Deval's, and KEEP on your reps like a rabid dog.

Back
Top Bottom