• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

28-2 highway patrolmen

so i found a s&w model 28-2, 6" in mint condition...no box for around $400

ever since selling my 627PC ive been looking to get another .357 mag...whats the story with these and the 27-2s...which is better/more desirable?

The 27 is the successor to the Registered Magnum and has all the finish details. Few people, especially cops, could afford them.

The 28 is mechanically identical; just no frills. It is the plain sister to the 27 and just as solid a gun.

Matt, that's a good price... and a great gun. Like Keith said, the main difference between the two is the 28 has a matte blue instead of the polish blue of the 27. Here's mine... [smile]

IMG_4047.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4102.jpg

so i found a s&w model 28-2, 6" in mint condition...no box for around $400

ever since selling my 627PC ive been looking to get another .357 mag...whats the story with these and the 27-2s...which is better/more desirable?

It's all about condition. If it locks up tight, timing is correct, and finish is in mint condition, $400 is a decent price. If you don't buy it, let me know and I will, box or no box.

Back
Top Bottom