2A and pro-freedom questions for Board of Selectmen candidates

What are some good questions to ask Selectmen candidates before the coming election? Of course, they will answer "I support the 2A, but..."
How to hold them accountable to the U.S. Constitution?
There is a possible candidates' forum coming up, and some serious questions would be helpful. I'm sure there are other towns that could also benefit from these.

People are always quick to complain, but never to actually help. At this point, I don't even know where to begin.

Do you support removing the law against suppressors?
Do you support the idea of "constitutional carry"?
Do you support lowering the age limit for handguns to 18?
Do you support having teachers armed in our schools?
Do you support removing restrictions against carrying in school parking lots?
Do you support kids 16+ carrying mace/pepper spray in school?

Yes, none of these are actually local-level issues, but it seems the local-level people work their way up to the state, and they are quoted when it is in opposition to the above. If you have better and more pertinent questions, please provide them. I want to submit SOMETHING, ANYTHING to the group that will run the candidate's night event.

Most ppl running for selectmen will sidestep this issue completely as beyond the scope of the role and the only candidate that will dive into it is likely going to be anti gun

I think that a potentially better line of questioning might be:

Will you uphold the constitution and follow the direction of the US Supreme Court?
If an existing MA statute runs contrary to this direction, will you support the removal of said statute?

Things like this can then lead to the detailed questions about suppressors, etc.

Better: "So, how would you increase the restrictions on assault weapons?"

If you ask about suppressors, or constitutional carry, most will have no clue as to what you're talking about, but know that you're a gun nut.

If you use my suggestion, if they're pro 2A, they'll have to say something meaningful.

Think about it - if you go into a car dealer, look at a car, and say, "I need a ride, but won't pay more than Sticker," you'll not get much of a discount. Don't tip your hand.

Why not talk to them in person…unless they’re not the type of person you want to talk to, in which case you already know what their answers will be.

I suggest asking questions relative to current issues in your town. You can glean their political leanings from those answers.

One of my current state reps, she was campaigning at Xfer station prior to being elected. I just asked her ‘Are you MAGA or not?’ She responded that she was MAGA all the way and I’ve voted for her every time since! She’s ballsy and quite competent.

I Live in a small Western MA hilltown. I know all the selectmen, (well select board because one is a women). There are 3 on the board and I know a couple are pro 2A but sure about the other.

In my town I really don't think the select board has much influence on LTC's, but this is a very green town. They have say over who is the Chief of Police but not over licensing. The Chief makes that call.

Around these parts you either live in a green town or a red town (mostly green around here). I think it would be very difficult for one gun grabbing selectperson to turn a green town red. But I can't speak for the eastern end of the state. Lots of gun grabbers out there.

Some helpful answers. Thank you, and keep them coming.

Because most ordinary people do not see how anti-American some of these kooks are. You need to let them hang themselves with what they say.
Valid point.

I like the line of questioning about how they'd propose to improve school safety. Don't make it just about guns.

What are their thoughts on hardening schools? Do they support arming school resource officers?
What about teachers who'd want to get trained and either carry concealed or have ready access to a gun to defend children?

Then perhaps segue to other topics. If you research the candidates first you'll probably know whether they are pro or anti 2A rights

Want to avoid a BOS vote to support things like what is happening in Acton, Sudbury, and Hopkinton. If I missed any towns, add them here.

Want to avoid a BOS vote to support things like what is happening in Acton, Sudbury, and Hopkinton. If I missed any towns, add them here.
Except that in many eastern MA towns, this might backfire and you might end up with more anti-2a selectmen. Here in the suburbs of Boston, more are anti-2a than pro-2a. Outing a candidate as pro-2a is more likely to help them lose than win.

Except that in many eastern MA towns, this might backfire and you might end up with more anti-2a selectmen. Here in the suburbs of Boston, more are anti-2a than pro-2a. Outing a candidate as pro-2a is more likely to help them lose than win.
I don't think I'm far enough East for that.

… there’s an important distinction between observing that a law is likely to be challenged in court and that taxpayers will have to foot the bill for a costly legal defense—which is certainly a legitimate factor to consider during legislative debate—and asserting that a law is unconstitutional when there is, as yet, no judicial consensus.”
Took this from another post.

Trying to vote in the right people, to avoid these type of scenarios.

Do you think we have too many gun laws? Not enough? Just right?
what kind of a concentration camp for non-compliant potential domestic terrorists would you support, and how many of those do we need to construct in next 5 years?

We flipped our BOS from all three being Democrats to three Republicans, two are hardcore conservatives. You have to organize and ask them questions that make them cringe. You have to be relentless and according to a recent SJC decision, you don’t even have to be nice.

We flipped our BOS from all three being Democrats to three Republicans, two are hardcore conservatives. You have to organize and ask them questions that make them cringe. You have to be relentless and according to a recent SJC decision, you don’t even have to be nice.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I wanted to hear.

Any questions, suggestions, tips, anyone can provide would be helpful.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

This is what I wanted to hear.

Any questions, suggestions, tips, anyone can provide would be helpful.
Take over your local Republican town committee by staffing it with all conservatives. It starts with grassroots recruitment. then establish a Signal thread to keep them all together even when you’re not meeting. It takes strong leadership and absolute relentlessness. PM me and I’ll give you the details.

"Do you support suppressing the civil rights of town residents?"
"Do you support delaying the civil rights of town residents?"
"Do you support streamlining all processes for residents to receive their LTC's or FID's, with no additional hurdles beyond what is required by the state?"

"Do you support streamlining all processes for residents to receive their LTC's or FID's, with no additional hurdles beyond what is required by the state?"
What is a better way to word this, so non-informed people will fully understand that they make things over complicated, then charge us more for that, only to infringe on civil rights of the people? How do we ask if they can streamline the process to the bare minimum required by the state? I think the police chief is GTG with that streamlining. They have more important things to do than harass license owners or license seekers, and they know it.

Back
Top Bottom