• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2gun Match, Granby Bow & Gun Club, Granby, MA. July 17, 2016.

NickW

NES Member
Hello Shooters,

Please come and support the Granby Bow & Gun Club located at 85 Chicopee St., Granby, MA as we host our 1st 2-Gun (rifle / pistol) match on Sunday July 17th. We had our first USPSA match earlier this month (1st Sunday of the month) which the shooters enjoyed.

We will use FNH 3gun rules (time plus scoring), but will be dropping the shotgun for this match. http://www.lchico5u.com/FNH3G/Rules.pdf

Grab your IDPA or USPSA handgun and your AR (or any semi-auto rifle) and come have some fun. Divisions will be Tactical Optics, Tactical Irons, Open and Heavy Optics (Heavy Optics and Heavy Irons will be compete in the same division.)

Match fee is $35 or $25 for juniors.

You can expect 5 fun stages including a long range rifle stage with shots possibly out to 350 yards.

Check in starts at 8:30am and the match starts at 9:30am.

To compete, you will need to sign-up and pay your match fee through matchsignup.org. Link to match; MatchSignUp

[h=2]MatchSignUp[/h]

When coming to a match in MA, please be aware of MA Gun Laws. Travel Information - Visiting MA With A Firearm

[h=2]Travel Information - Visiting MA With A Firearm[/h]

We hope to see you at the range!! Please email me with any questions. Thanks for your support!!

Nick Weidhaas

ohhh I like this!

Do I shoot my red dot equipped rifle, rely on Dan to put a better equipped rifle in my hands, or just go ahead and order a 1-6 now ?

ohhh I like this!

Do I shoot my red dot equipped rifle, rely on Dan to put a better equipped rifle in my hands, or just go ahead and order a 1-6 now ?

Sean,
I'll be at the Armalite 3 man 3 Gun that weekend. You can use your dot, sight in at 200 yards if possible, and shoot Tac Irons. If you want to shoot the Monson 3 Gun in August, let me know what you need.
I shot the June Monson match with a Meopta 1-4X, good glass is better than cheap glass and magnification. [wink]

Can't wait for this, got a chance to shoot granby's first uspsa match and their range has so much potential for us action shooters in wmass. Between monson and Granby it looks like you could fill a schedule for a year.

Edited because I have fat thumbs.

Don't like shotgun, Don?

Let's just say I prefer rifle and pistol much more. Also, not a real fan of shotgun reloading, plus the shotgun tends to dominate in importance over the other 2 guns because of the time it takes to reload.

I'd also like having each stage use only 2 guns, preferably only 1 long gun at a time. That speeds up shooting the stage. Staging, shooting, then clearing all 3 guns seems like a bit of a slog.

Last edited:
Let's just say I prefer rifle and pistol much more. Also, not a real fan of shotgun reloading, plus the shotgun tends to dominate in importance over the other 2 guns because of the time it takes to reload.

I'd also like having each stage use only 2 guns, preferably only 1 long gun at a time. That speeds up shooting the stage. Staging, shooting, then clearing all 3 guns seems like a bit of a slog.

Different strokes for different folks.

Back
Top Bottom