3 different shootings in less than 1 hour in Boston

Blaming a mayor for a gang related murder is like blaming a president for a mass shooting. Yes Wu is trash but I’m not gonna say “it’s her fault!” when some loser shoots someone in Boston
She could restructure BPD to more effectively police high crime neighborhoods to eliminate the sense of lawlessness and dismantle the gang culture tolerated to exist in certain neighborhoods + Boston Public Schools. So far no recent mayor(s) beyond Flynn and Menino early on have been willing to do that out of being racist (Mayor White) or being afraid of being called racist (latter Menino, Walsh), or plain woke idiots pupetteered by out of state agenda $$$$ (Janey and Wu).

The city has the tax base and capability to do many great things and doesn't because there's no will to do so and there's a culture of siphoning off the funding for essential services for patronage nonsense.

It's not "some loser," though. It's many losers, all of a sudden. It's a spike in crime that coincides with Wu's "leadership."

Of course individual crimes can't be laid at the door of individual politicians, but we're not talking about an individual crime here. We're talking about an atmosphere of lawlessness that's starting to creep across Boston's low-income neighborhoods. You don't think a "leader's" policies and persona can contribute to that?
Sure, a leaders policies certainly contribute, specifically the progressive ones she pushes. Policies like hers have helped to shape the mess all these cities are in. I just don’t think 16 year old city punks are sitting around saying “dude we got a pushover mayor let’s do hood rat shit.” There’s a nationwide trend in violent crimes and I think it’s more complicated than just saying it’s HER fault.

Blaming a mayor for a gang related murder is like blaming a president for a mass shooting. Yes Wu is trash but I’m not gonna say “it’s her fault!” when some loser shoots someone in Boston
There are a myriad of reasons that contribute to crime in general but to think the mayor of a major metropolitan area has no skin in the game is incorrect.

There are a myriad of reasons that contribute to crime in general but to think the mayor of a major metropolitan area has no skin in the game is incorrect.
I agree she absolutely has skin in the game. I just don’t believe it’s fair to solely put all the blame on her specially

Sure, a leaders policies certainly contribute, specifically the progressive ones she pushes. Policies like hers have helped to shape the mess all these cities are in. I just don’t think 16 year old city punks are sitting around saying “dude we got a pushover mayor let’s do hood rat shit.” There’s a nationwide trend in violent crimes and I think it’s more complicated than just saying it’s HER fault.

Gang-related killings by 16 year olds aren't being done because the 16 year olds want the killings to happen. That's not typically how gangs work. The 16 year olds don't call the shots.

She could restructure BPD to more effectively police high crime neighborhoods to eliminate the sense of lawlessness and dismantle the gang culture tolerated to exist in certain neighborhoods + Boston Public Schools. So far no recent mayor(s) beyond Flynn and Menino early on have been willing to do that out of being racist (Mayor White) or being afraid of being called racist (latter Menino, Walsh), or plain woke idiots pupetteered by out of state agenda $$$$ (Janey and Wu).

The city has the tax base and capability to do many great things and doesn't because there's no will to do so and there's a culture of siphoning off the funding for essential services for patronage nonsense.
Like this: Operation Ceasefire - Wikipedia

When Michael Flaherty was running for Mayor, had a conversation with him that went like this. “You know, if we put more police in high-crime areas, crime would go down, property values would go up, it would make Boston a better place to live, and wouldn’t cost a dime.

Flaherty had been involved in the knock-down, drag-out negotiations with the Police Union and looked at me like I had three heads.

Met with Menino about the loss of families with kids in Boston: the city has a lower percentage of families with kids than San Francisco. He said, “I’m on that.”

Wu will not solve the opioid crisis, dissolution of families, or BPS. Despite a commercial construction boom that should see consistent tax revenue increases.

Not my line, but is sums up what you said,

“Animals can be driven crazy by placing too many in too small a pen. Homo sapiens is the only animal that voluntarily does this to himself.”

Yeahno. Most animals just die of a disease or they wipe out their own food supply. Think of gypsy moth caterpillars. They go on munching and munching until there are too many of them in an area and they ALL die of some sort of wasting disease. The worst year for infestation is the year BEFORE they all die.

Look to the American bison (Bison Bison). Had the white man not intervened, they could have dust-bowled the central-west decades before the 1930's dust bowl. The herd was supermassive and was wiping out the plains. While I don't think what the white-folk did was smart or well thought out, it did save the West from topsoil destruction.

Remember that Coronado travelled to. . . Kansas or so in the 1500's didn't mention massive herds of buffalo. But they did bring smallpox and other European diseases to the Indians, who died en-masse in the intervening years and stopped the natural controls on bison. Inside of 300 years, we went from a reasonable # of bison to metric-ship-tons of them. (At the peak, the weight of the American bison herd was as large as the cattle herds of today are.)

They got you too? It was never called Mass and Cass. Always called Methadone Mile. I think Mass and Cass started this year or last year.

Really? I never heard of it until NES. Of course, since needing to use it after the Dig Big, I've always called that corner Mama Cass.

Good Old Five Car Flaherty...
Flaherty had been involved in the knock-down, drag-out negotiations with the Police Union and looked at me like I had three heads.
I will never forget testifying before the City Council years ago about police matters and during the hearings the brass + council openly admitting any change to staffing to clear backlogs requiring overtime or outside contractors, "was a union issue". BPD is deliberately understaffed in certain areas to generate overtime/third party contracts.

Then the defund crowd came in in 2020 to eliminate the funding for overtime for Detectives, which means bankers hours for investigators and any time they spend in court testifying equally no time investigating, so I can imagine that's made the staffing issues baked into the cake significantly worse.

The city leadership is too cowardly and the union too corrupt to allow for the police department to function effectively as a public service instead of an employment agency. Same story as the teacher's and fire fighter's unions.

I think Boston Fire is worse, because their staffing bullshit has gotten a number of firefighters killed due to overwork, lack of proper maintenance, and lack of proper decontamination facilities/modern equipment due to funds being allocated to patronage positions.

I'm shocked BPD morale isn't lower and that they haven't had line of duty fatalities due to the increasing brazenness of gang members and tired patrol cars (listen to a scanner to find out how many shifts have issues with the computers in the patrol cars not working/engine issues), garbage radios that 20+ years after 9/11 and millions in grants STILL DON'T WORK for multiple officers speaking at the same time... etc.

My theory on inner city violence is that human beings were never meant to live in such close quarters. When humans live like sardines packed into a can, problematic behaviors follow. The nuclear family being marginalized is also to blame. Has nothing to do with guns.
Inner city violence is due to racial demographics.

Exactly. This has nothing to do with race.

Maybe more accurate to say when you let retards have free reign you end up with retarded shit..

The statistics and facts beg to differ. The simple fact of the matter is one race represents about 12% of the country's population. Yet they represent more than half of all violent crime. They represent more violent crime than all other races in the country combined! Facts don't care about your feelings, they're still facts. Those are the facts.
If you want to get deep into the underlying causes of why that is, that's an entirely separate conversation. But as it stands today, the facts remain, that the African-American community is responsible for more violent crime, disproportionately so, than any other ethnicity in the country. And by a disproportionately huge margin.
Someone wishing to have an intelligent conversation on the topic would not ignore this fact. Rather they would ask questions, like why? Is it the absentee African-American father figure. African-Americans are also disproportionately raised in single parent households with absentee fathers. That contributes to a higher percentage of children raised in poverty. Is that the problem? And if so what's the cause of that? Why are African American father figures absentee? Are African-American women just bad at making choices? Are African-American fathers disproportionately sleaze bags? Who knows. But will never get to the bottom of it if we're afraid to ask questions because the topic requires the examination of topics politicians are uncomfortable to talk about.

Population density is not the issue here, ghetto b*tches are the issue, or, as you put it in a politically correct word, "culture".
I met a detective once from another famous crime town in MA. This detective, she was ghetto as f***. I mean looks and everything. I expect this bitch to solve anything. Dumb as a rock too. Mind blown really.

The statistics and facts beg to differ. The simple fact of the matter is one race represents about 12% of the country's population. Yet they represent more than half of all violent crime. They represent more violent crime than all other races in the country combined! Facts don't care about your feelings, they're still facts. Those are the facts.
If you want to get deep into the underlying causes of why that is, that's an entirely separate conversation. But as it stands today, the facts remain, that the African-American community is responsible for more violent crime, disproportionately so, than any other ethnicity in the country. And by a disproportionately huge margin.
Someone wishing to have an intelligent conversation on the topic would not ignore this fact. Rather they would ask questions, like why? Is it the absentee African-American father figure. African-Americans are also disproportionately raised in single parent households with absentee fathers. That contributes to a higher percentage of children raised in poverty. Is that the problem? And if so what's the cause of that? Why are African American father figures absentee? Are African-American women just bad at making choices? Are African-American fathers disproportionately sleaze bags? Who knows. But will never get to the bottom of it if we're afraid to ask questions because the topic requires the examination of topics politicians are uncomfortable to talk about.
Start with LBJ's WAR on poverty, which rewarded Black women with generous benefits for having illegitimate children and then not holding them accountable for raising their kids to be responsible, productive Americans. I could tell you stories of interactions with Boston's Blacks in Roxbury/Mattapan in the late 70's while driving a cab for Norwood Taxi, My Irish American cousins living in Dorchester until the 90's and my experiences during my first Army Reserve Unit on American Legion Highway in Roslindale from 1988 to 1992. My first LTC was a direct result from "assaults" by Boston's burgeoning Gang Bangers in the early 90's on us, Soldiers drilling at our Armory which was 5 doors up from where my Mother lived in the 1930's/40's. The "gangs" looked on us as competition for new "recruits".

Reintroduce "Stop and Frisk" and give BPD the ability to do it's job but that goes against the Leftist narrative that the Judicial system is racist and young black boys/men are not the problem.

It's not "some loser," though. It's many losers, all of a sudden. It's a spike in crime that coincides with Wu's "leadership."

Of course individual crimes can't be laid at the door of individual politicians, but we're not talking about an individual crime here. We're talking about an atmosphere of lawlessness that's starting to creep across Boston's low-income neighborhoods. You don't think a "leader's" policies and persona can contribute to that?
Like Racial Rollins's mandate of not arresting children under 12 for crimes? And not arresting shoplifters, but give them a citation instead that they'll never pay? When asked why they shouldn't be arrested, the response was similar to, "Shop owners should consider shoplifting part of the cost of doing business!" And you wonder why the neighborhood stores that their Baby Mama's, Mama's and Grandmothers depend on to get groceries and supplies from are closing in droves?

The progressive concept is wonderful, until it hits their neighborhood. Then there is a serious need to increase police patrols, stop defunding them, and put more police back on the streets but only in their neighborhood! Maybe even set up round the clock police protection on Mayor Ya - woo's street in Rozzi, so her children can sleep peacefully at night.

Slow day?
No kidding. Shootings in Mattapan, Dorchester and Hyde Park?

oh-no-anyway.gif

Like Racial Rollins's mandate of not arresting children under 12 for crimes? And not arresting shoplifters, but give them a citation instead that they'll never pay? When asked why they shouldn't be arrested, the response was similar to, "Shop owners should consider shoplifting part of the cost of doing business!" And you wonder why the neighborhood stores that their Baby Mama's, Mama's and Grandmothers depend on to get groceries and supplies from are closing in droves?

The progressive concept is wonderful, until it hits their neighborhood. Then there is a serious need to increase police patrols, stop defunding them, and put more police back on the streets but only in their neighborhood! Maybe even set up round the clock police protection on Mayor Ya - woo's street in Rozzi, so her children can sleep peacefully at night.
And Walgreens just announced 3 store closings in Roxbury, Mattapan and Hyde Park and all the Black residents are upset. Look in the mirror folks, it's your Youts who have forced Walgreens to cut and run. In the mid 90's I worked a part time job at Stop & Shop and the Boston whine was that there were no major grocery stores in the Ghetto. S&S Managers told me the losses from shoplifting cut their profits and none of the Managers wanted to work in stores in Roxbury/Mattapan.

My theory on inner city violence is that human beings were never meant to live in such close quarters. When humans live like sardines packed into a can, problematic behaviors follow. The nuclear family being marginalized is also to blame. Has nothing to do with guns.
I agree with that sentiment, though if you look at places like Japan, they have high density but the assault and murder rate is like 1/100th of that in the bad areas of the US, so there's something else culturally going on.

Mayor Wu, Wu is a Liawatha protege and would never go against the Leftist ideology, they own her. Every PD in a major American city with out-of-control violent crime knows who the bad guys are but are prevented from doing their jobs by their Leftist Pols. Eventually White, Asian Middle class/Upper Middle class will leave the cities and either move to the burbs or to free States and leave Major American cities to the Leftist Elitists and the poor Blacks stuck there. Mayor Guiliani showed Cities how to curb crime in their cities but that will never happen again.

I agree with that sentiment, though if you look at places like Japan, they have high density but the assault and murder rate is like 1/100th of that in the bad areas of the US, so there's something else culturally going on.
Correct, no Father's to mentor young men in a violent environment who see no way out.

And Walgreens just announced 3 store closings in Roxbury, Mattapan and Hyde Park and all the Black residents are upset. Look in the mirror folks, it's your Youts who have forced Walgreens to cut and run. In the mid 90's I worked a part time job at Stop & Shop and the Boston whine was that there were no major grocery stores in the Ghetto. S&S Managers told me the losses from shoplifting cut their profits and none of the Managers wanted to work in stores in Roxbury/Mattapan.
Do you notice how none are upset about job losses? And they still........WONDER WHY!
Maybe Mayor Ya - wu and the incompetent GM of the T that is bailing, should institute more free bus service for the unfortunate to get around town now.
After all, the problem didn't start with Mother's and Grandmothers, nooooooooooooooooo! It has nothing to do with having one, two, three, four, five, maybe even ten children with multiple absent Fathers to assist in teaching the now teenage to twenty somethings right from wrong during their formal years of societal training. Or the other strange concept of you don't take something that doesn't belong to you or that you didn't pay for. Don't be surprised if their solution is to smash all the glass and then burn the building after it is shut down.

Not true at all. I worked in that area for 35 years. Our HQ is still in the old Nurses Education Building in what was once known as the BCH South Block.

We ALWAYS referred to it as Mass and Cass as did the BPD. Methadone mile was back on Southampton Street a garandman noted. All around the South Bay House of Corrections, which is officially the Suffolk County HOC.

They got you too? It was never called Mass and Cass. Always called Methadone Mile. I think Mass and Cass started this year or last year.

The problem is that you can arrest as many as you want, fill up T buses daily.
Then they get kicked back out on to the street an hour later by some liberal judge with low or no bail.
The guy you busted this morning is back on the same corner that afternoon flipping you the bird as you drive by.

Last edited:
Every PD in a major American city with out-of-control violent crime knows who the bad guys are but are prevented from doing their jobs by their Leftist Pols.

LOL!

Sure. Put the police in charge, with no oversight. That's bound to work great.

In a "which one is worse?" debate between leftist pols or JBTs, I'd pick "neither." Or rather, "both."

I think a lot of people are afraid to have this conversation is because they equate it with stating blacks are inferior. Which couldn’t be farther from the truth. People are trying to dig to the root cause. Children from fatherless households are disproportionately represented in the criminal justice and prison system. Throw in some poverty, estrangement from nature, and an overcrowded inner city. And you have a recipe for disaster.

LOL!

Sure. Put the police in charge, with no oversight. That's bound to work great.

In a "which one is worse?" debate between leftist pols or JBTs, I'd pick "neither." Or rather, "both."
Never said no oversight, let the Police DO THEIR JOBS which is to arrest violent criminals according to the law. The Police know who the gangbangers are, where they live and what gang they belong to. Watched Boston news report on shooting in Dorchester yesterday at 1pm in broad daylight and Black residents screaming about GUNZ. They should have been asked if they support Stop and Frisk and Arresting the young black men caught with illegal firearms and their incarceration. They should call their City Councilors/Reps and demand Leftists abandon their Defund the Police agenda and their cries of Racism every time a violent Black man is arrested. Actions have consequences and these residents are suffering the consequences of their Politicians Leftist policies. They only have themselves to blame.

I think a lot of people are afraid to have this conversation is because they equate it with stating blacks are inferior. Which couldn’t be farther from the truth. People are trying to dig to the root cause. Children from fatherless households are disproportionately represented in the criminal justice and prison system. Throw in some poverty, estrangement from nature, and an overcrowded inner city. And you have a recipe for disaster.
These Youts have no ability to succeed in the real world, they can barely speak English, can't read or write and have no job or social skills. They can only exist/survive in their violent, inner-city world.
My apartment complex has many recent African immigrants as residents, devout Christians who speak English, work, raise their kids and are extremely polite. Nicest people ever and very happy and appreciative of the opportunity's in America. All about parenting and upbringing, not race.

These Youts have no ability to succeed in the real world, they can barely speak English, can't read or write and have no job or social skills. They can only exist/survive in their violent, inner-city world.
My apartment complex has many recent African immigrants as residents, devout Christians who speak English, work, raise their kids and are extremely polite. Nicest people ever and very happy and appreciative of the opportunity's in America. All about parenting and upbringing, not race.
The problem is the government created this situation, more government isn't going to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom