3 Gun Event Sunday 8/27

Wallum Lake Rod &Gun Club is hosting another 3 Gun event on Sunday 8/27/17.

This will be held at the Walls of Steel Pits with registration opening at 9 shooting beginning at 10.

4 stages planned and it will be run what you brung so everyone is welcome. Entry fee is $20 per person. EYES & EAR PROTECTION REQUIRED FOR EVERYONE.

Expected round count - 150 Pistol, 150 Rifle, 75 Bird shot. # 7.5 or 8 will work just fine.

I haven't been to one of these yet, how long do they normally run?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than my rifle misbehaving I had a great time today. Weather was beautiful and the stages were fun.

Other than my rifle misbehaving I had a great time today. Weather was beautiful and the stages were fun.

My first time-not my last! Very fun, well run, nice folks.

wmass, were you in the first relay with a pcc? If so I was in your group.....

Yeah I was in squad 1. The buffer in my AR9 got stuck in the tube twice. The bent retainer roughed up the buffer face creating burs.

Yeah I was in squad 1. The buffer in my AR9 got stuck in the tube twice. The bent retainer roughed up the buffer face creating burs.

Hope it's an easy fix and it was nice shooting with you!

I had some issues with my 870, the follower was blocking the shell lifter....thats fixed now....for next time!

Can someone tell me how they run their matches?

All 3 guns on a stage? Distance on rifle shots?

Anyone have any video from a match?

Edit:
Found some on YouTube. Looks like "bay style". So no long shots?

Myself and a couple buddies will be at the matches next year.

Last edited:
They usually run 5 stages and not all will require all 3 guns. I wanna say rifle distance is around the 25yd mark and closer. There is a heavy use of steel targets and they have incorporated two pits for one stage at times. The rifle distances are relatively close but still will challenge you. I generally bring a non magnified rifle with me, either a red dot on my 5.56 or irons on my pcc.

They usually run 5 stages and not all will require all 3 guns. I wanna say rifle distance is around the 25yd mark and closer. There is a heavy use of steel targets and they have incorporated two pits for one stage at times. The rifle distances are relatively close but still will challenge you. I generally bring a non magnified rifle with me, either a red dot on my 5.56 or irons on my pcc.
Right on. Thanks bud.

Back
Top Bottom