• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3 Gun NE schdule for 2015 please contribute:

Hale Mountain 3-Gun - 10/24/15

There will be a 3-Gun match at Hale Mountain Fish and Game Club [Shaftsbury, VT] on Saturday, October 24th. The schedule is as follows:

8:45 AM - Registration opens (please pre-register using link below)
9:15 AM - Safety Briefing
9:30 AM to 1:00 PM - Shooting

The COF will consist of 4 stages. We will be using the woods for a stage just like we did for the last 3-gun match. This allows us to run all 4 stages concurrently without synchronizing the running of stages 3 and 4.

Ammo: Pistol - lead, jacketed, or plated. Shotgun – nothing bigger than #6, Rifle – no bi-metal, no SS109 (M855)
Round counts (subject to change): 24 shotgun, 76 pistol, and 26 rifle if you shoot perfect. Bring extra.

The registration fee is $20. 50% of the registration fee will go towards the prize pool. Of that, 1st gets 50%, 2nd gets 30%, and 3rd gets 20%.

Registration is limited to 28 shooters so please use the online tool to pre-register. Squads will be limited to 7 shooters each, NO EXCEPTIONS. Registration provides for entering an email address. Cancelations due to weather will be sent to your registration address.

Registration is CLOSED.

Location of Club

Take Buck Hill Road to Rod and Gun club Road. The sign for Rod and Gun Club Road has fallen down. If coming in from 7A, take Buck Hill Road 1.3 miles and the club road will be on your left. If coming in from 7 (East Road), take Buck Hill Road .6 miles and the club road will be on your right. There is a sign on the other side of the road for the Hale Mountain club, but it is hard to see.

Hale Mountain Fish and Game Club

Last edited:
I'm in as is my buddy Carl. You guys put on a great match last spring. I wondered what happened as I thought you were going to put on more matches and I did not see any. I was afraid your club was taken over by FUDDs like New Bedford.

Last edited:
I'm in as is my buddy Carl. You guys put on a great match last spring. I wondered what happened as I thought you were going to put on more matches and I did see any. I was afraid your club was taken over by FUDDs like New Bedford.

We're still around trying to fight the good fight. We had some issues with personal schedules for those of us scheduling things over the summer. It should be a good match as we have made some improvements and added a surprise or two. I look forward to seeing you there.

Excellent its been a good season for 3 gun in NE. By the time the season is over I will have been to 9 or 10 (3) gun matches in NE. When I lose count that's a good sign

Thank you to Country Pond for hosting the 3 Gun on Sunday. It was fun, good practice for some, and a good introduction for those that are not used to this game. I look forward to being back next season.

Its been a good year for 3 gun in New England. A number of clubs are trying it. I encourage anyone that wants to shoot three gun to volunteer at a local club that is trying to get it started to volunteer to help set up, that way you can learn about the COF and get tips on equipment, rules and other things before you start. It takes a lot of work to put a match on and rules can be confusing because there are a number of different sets of rules but basically I find them somewhat generally similar: 3GN, FNH 3G, USPSA 3 gun, and a number of others I don't remember. The clubs I'd like to mention are below in some cases I just know the location and state and forget the name please add if you see fit;

Pemi: Holderness NH held 5 to 6 matches this year on a monthly basis expect they will be running the same next year, they have been doing it for at least the last 5 years
Hale Mountain Shaftsbury VT: 2 matches this year expect they same next year
Maine Practical Shooters: Augusta ME 1 match this year more next year
Newton NH: new 3G club 1 match this year expect 3 to 4 next year
Monson MA: 2 matches this year unknown next year expect more
Lamoille R&G Morrisville VT 4 last year expect 4 next year
Wallum Lake RI: one shot gun event rumor is they are going to put on a couple of 3G matches
Harvard MA (HAS USPSA): one 3G invite only, it went well they are thinking of putting on 2 matches next year

Anyone else have any info

Last edited:
Its been a good year for 3 gun in New England. A number of clubs are trying it. I encourage anyone that wants to shoot three gun to volunteer at a local club that is trying to get it started to volunteer to help set up, that way you can learn about the COF and get tips on equipment, rules and other things before you start. It takes a lot of work to put a match on and rules can be confusing because there are a number of different sets of rules but basically I find them somewhat generally similar: 3GN, FNH 3G, USPSA 3 gun, and a number of others I don't remember. The clubs I'd like to mention are below in some cases I just know the location and state and forget the name please add if you see fit;

Pemi: Holderness NH held 5 to 6 matches this year on a monthly basis expect they will be running the same next year, they have been doing it for at least the last 5 years
Hale Mountain Shaftsbury VT: 2 matches this year expect they same next year
Maine Practical Shooters: Augusta ME 1 match this year more next year
Newton NH: new 3G club 1 match this year expect 3 to 4 next year
Monson MA: 2 matches this year unknown next year expect more
Lamoille R&G Morrisville VT 4 last year expect 4 next year
Wallum Lake RI: one shot gun event rumor is they are going to put on a couple of 3G matches
Harvard MA (HAS USPSA): one 3G invite only, it went well they are thinking of putting on 2 matches next year

Anyone else have any info

Monson Action Shooters will meet after the 1st of the year to plan next years matches. My hope is to have 3 matches in 2016. Thanks to all those that participated in our 2015 Matches.

Thank you to the other clubs that are offering 3gun in New England. As suggested above, please offer to help your club. These matches are labor intensive and we all need help. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has been a good season (although I didn't know about the Newton match :-( ). Already looking forward to next season. Do you know if Pelham F&G is talking about 3 Gun? I know they started up USPSA again this year.

It has been a good season (although I didn't know about the Newton match :-( ). Already looking forward to next season. Do you know if Pelham F&G is talking about 3 Gun? I know they started up USPSA again this year.
I talked with one of the guys involved with the 3 gun match they ran a few years ago about it. He said that he was not going to try to run matches at Pelham. Most of the USPSA guys are not 3 gunners.

Back
Top Bottom