3 Gun NE schdule for 2015 please contribute:

There will be a 3-gun shoot at Hale Mountain Fish and Game Club [Shaftsbury, VT] on Saturday, June 20th. The schedule is as follows:

8:45 AM - Registration opens (please pre-register using link below)
9:15 AM - Safety Briefing
9:30 AM to 1:00 PM - Shooting

The COF will consist of 4 stages.

Ammo: Pistol - lead, jacketed, or plated. Shotgun - 6, 7 1/2, 8, or 9. 7 1/2 recommended. No slugs this time around. Rifle - NO armor piercing, penetrator (SS109), or bi-metal ammo.

Registration fee is $20. 50% of the registration fee will go towards the prize pool. Of that, 1st gets 50%, 2nd gets 30%, and 3rd gets 20%.

Registration is limited to 24-28 shooters so please use the online tool to pre-register. Registration provides for entering an email address. Cancelations due to weather will be sent to your registration address.

Registration is CLOSED.

Location of club

Take Buck Hill Road to Rod and Gun club Road. The sign for Rod and Gun Club Road has fallen down. If coming in from 7A, take Buck Hill Road 1.3 miles and the club road will be on your left. If coming in from 7 (East Road), take Buck Hill Road .6 miles and the club road will be on your right. There is a sign on the other side of the road for the Hale Mountain club, but it is hard to see.

Hale Mountain Fish and Game Club

Last edited:
I am going to do a pay it forward for the shooters attending the Hale mt event this weekend, I have a spare jogging stroller for a 3 gun cart, if you need one send me a pm and it's yours. First come first served. I have used this one for the past two years but found one that folds better for my trunk Add a atv mount and it will be gtg.

Thanks to all who attended today. I think the match went well. No DQs and we all had a good time from what I could tell. It seems that Stage #4 was a hit. Nothing like running through the woods with a gun. [smile]

First time at Hale Mountain beautiful club in a classic VT mountain scene. Stage 4 was great as was Stage 3, we were on the road by 1:30pm. The Green Mountain boys put on a great match. Count us in for the next one. Interesting hearing from the NY boys that have it worst than us in Mass there were a number of NY spectators watching 3 gun with their tongues hanging down to their knees they loved it.

Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I have shot a couple of 3 gun matches at Pemi, and was woundering where guys are traveling to.

Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I have shot a couple of 3 gun matches at Pemi, and was woundering where guys are traveling to.
How far are you willing to travel, is the real question. Personally, I shoot matches in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, New Mexico. I have shot Blue Ridge which is in Kentucky. Matches in New York have been pretty much dropped. The locals will shoot what is run, but, out of staters not so much.

I can probably travel to PA, WV. Although I can't travel as much as I'd like to because of work.
Work does get in the way, but, we need it so we can play. Most of the major matches have long been filled with wait lists. Some of the regional matches may have openings. Brian Enos forums is the best source of information that I've found to date.

Last edited:
Yo I'm talking to you: who says we don't have 3 gun in New England! Our northern brethren have scheduled a doubleheader weekend and I bet they do not know it and you probably don't know it. We are thinking a road trip and doing both;

Sat September 26 Augusta ME Maine Practical Shooters see previous threads for links
Sun September 27 Holderness NH Pemigewasset Valley Rod and Gun Club see previous threads for links

PS if you are planning on staying up there hotels may be full its getting into leaf peeper season

Yo I'm talking to you: who says we don't have 3 gun in New England! Our northern brethren have scheduled a doubleheader weekend and I bet they do not know it and you probably don't know it. We are thinking a road trip and doing both;

Sat September 26 Augusta ME Maine Practical Shooters see previous threads for links
Sun September 27 Holderness NH Pemigewasset Valley Rod and Gun Club see previous threads for links

PS if you are planning on staying up there hotels may be full its getting into leaf peeper season

Frank,
There is some effort going into bringing New England into the 3 gun game. I applaud the efforts being made. Scheduling conflicts and life in general has not let me get to try Pemi yet. The same with Capital City.

USPSA Pistol Match at Hale Mountain Gun Club

There will be a USPSA match at Hale Mountain Fish and Game Club [Shaftsbury, VT] on Saturday, August 29th. The schedule is as follows:

8:45 AM - Registration opens (please pre-register using link below)
9:15 AM - Safety Briefing
9:30 AM to 1:00 PM - Shooting

The COF will consist of 4 pistol only stages. USPSA rules will be followed. We will be using the woods for a stage just like we did for the last 3-gun match. This allows us to run all 4 stages concurrently without synchronizing the running of stages 3 and 4:

Ammo: Pistol - lead, jacketed, or plated.
Round count: TBD, bring plenty
Stage Details: we will not be releasing prior to the match

Registration fee is $20. 50% of the registration fee will go towards the prize pool. Of that, 1st gets 50%, 2nd gets 30%, and 3rd gets 20%.

Registration is limited to 24 shooters so please use the online tool to pre-register. Squads will be limited to 6 shooters each, no exceptions. Registration provides for entering an email address. Cancelations due to weather will be sent to your registration address.

Registration is CANCELED.

Location of Club

Take Buck Hill Road to Rod and Gun club Road. The sign for Rod and Gun Club Road has fallen down. If coming in from 7A, take Buck Hill Road 1.3 miles and the club road will be on your left. If coming in from 7 (East Road), take Buck Hill Road .6 miles and the club road will be on your right. There is a sign on the other side of the road for the Hale Mountain club, but it is hard to see.

Hale Mountain Fish and Game Club

Last edited:
Slots available for Sept. 13 Monson Action Shooters (MA) 3gun Match

Our 3gun match on Sunday Sept. 13 filled in less than a day from just our 3gun shooter email list from our 1st match. However, we recently had some folks back out and I've exhausted the wait list. We currently have (5) slots available. If you are interested in shooting the match, shoot me an email at [email protected] indicating you want to shoot, your full name and the division you will be shooting. I will email you back confirming your in or on a wait list. Will try and get everyone in within reason.

3gun Match
Springfield Sportsman's Club, Monson, MA
Sunday, September 13, 2015
Registration starts at 8am. Start shooting at 9:30am.
$40 match fee (pay and squad day of match)
FNH 3gun rules http://www.lchico5u.com/FNH3G/Rules.pdf
(5) stages including a 200/300 yrd rifle stage on MGM flash targets.
All but one stage will be multigun.
Wiil need slugs for one stage (bring 5-10).
No round count available right now.
All divisions recognized, however hm optic and hm iron is combined into one division.

Thanks for your interest,
Nick-

Back
Top Bottom