• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

3 malfuntions first day witha new gun?

WWB is cheap and merely OK for practice. NEVER use it for carry ammo. Failures with WWB is no indicator of problems with good defensive ammo. I also ccw HSTs.

+1 on Federal HST, it's what I use predominantly but have also been known to roll with Speer Gold Dot.

To the OP, learn and move on, don't bother with WWB unless it's all you can find or disproportionately cheap.

+1 on Federal HST, it's what I use predominantly but have also been known to roll with Speer Gold Dot.

To the OP, learn and move on, don't bother with WWB unless it's all you can find or disproportionately cheap.
Gold Dots are what the Feds use and that is also really good defensive ammo.

I've moved on to Federal, AL or brass 9mm rds for range use.

ALWAYS break down a new gun and clean it thoroughly.

The oils they use tend to get gummy from sitting, and on a semi auto, it can cause problems.
New guns generally do not come clean or oiled. Most of what is on the gun tends to be a water based rust preventative like Nox-Rust it's far from lube.

so after finishing off the 150 rounds did you try to shoot the light strikes? I think most everyone has had a problem at one time with WWbox. I'll certainly never buy their .22 again unless it's the last box on earth.
I can't even get wwb 22lr to fit in my single 10 revolver! Not fire......fit! It physically won't go in the Chambers! That stuff sucks!

White Box is the only ammo that's ever given me problems with my Glock 19. Will never buy that junk ammo again.

Hi all im new here and to shooting . I recently bought a used m&p shield for my carry weapon. As far as I can tell on the box it was made on 4/417 so less than a year old. I was shooting winchester 124 grain fmj nato 150 round box from wally world. I have never used that ammo b4 . In the first 3 mags I had 2 duds and a stove pipe. I was not sure weather to blame the gun or ammo? I have not had a problem with my 9c 2.0 . I swiched to fedral 115 fmj that day and had no more issues? Any thoughts? . Thanks for your help

In this situation the issues to look at really would be ammunition selection, gun cleaning, user error i.e. limp wristing. If none of those things solve your problems than the gun maybe defective.

Back
Top Bottom