• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

30-30 shotgun adapters???

DW357

NES Member
I'll admit I'm a shotgun noob for the most part but I saw these mentioned on another forum and was like holy crap I had no idea they made these. Probably nothing new but thought it was interesting.

I have one for 22 LR and one to convert to 209 primer for muzzleloader.
They’re pretty fun.

One company makes a stacking set so you can pop the 410 into the 28 into the 20 into your 12 gauge.

In a break open single shot, they are great. I don't have a 30.30......yet, but have the whole set of Cheappa pistol calibers. .380, 9mm, .40sw, .45acp, .38/.357, .44spl/.44mag, .410ga and 20ga.

They are about 8 inches long and the pistol calibers are rifled for better accuracy.

I'd very much like to get a 30.30 and even a 7.62x39 if someone made them. That would provide excellent versatility for a single shot gun.

I'll admit I'm a shotgun noob for the most part but I saw these mentioned on another forum and was like holy crap I had no idea they made these. Probably nothing new but thought it was interesting.

i never knew they used it here - in soviets it was, well, common regular folk could not have any rifled weapons - like an sks. a police general - head of the town police had to personally sign off on an every application, which for most mere mortals was totally out of reach, unless you had proper connections.

an insert like that would be a sort of a common workaround, in a rural environment. within 50 meters it would be usable, further than that accuracy would not be that great. may be those made here are machined better than a self-made tubes i used to see. also, i just noticed - it is an 18" long one, ones i saw were long enough to quickly hide in your pants, usually - a foot long max - anyway - from 20 to 30cm, usually.

Last edited:
i never knew they used it here - in soviets it was, well, common regular folk could not have any rifled weapons - like an sks. a police general - head of the town police had to personally sign off on an every application, which for most mere mortals was totally out of reach, unless you had proper connections.

an insert like that would be a sort of a common workaround, in a rural environment. within 50 meters it would be usable, further than that accuracy would not be that great. may be those made here are machined better than a self-made tubes i used to see. also, i just noticed - it is an 18" long one, ones i saw were long enough to quickly hide in your pants, usually - a foot long max - anyway - from 20 to 30cm, usually.

Accuracy testing

View: https://youtu.be/iRFLhF3kgEY

In a break open single shot, they are great. I don't have a 30.30......yet, but have the whole set of Cheappa pistol calibers. .380, 9mm, .40sw, .45acp, .38/.357, .44spl/.44mag, .410ga and 20ga.

They are about 8 inches long and the pistol calibers are rifled for better accuracy.

I'd very much like to get a 30.30 and even a 7.62x39 if someone made them. That would provide excellent versatility for a single shot gun.
The linked company also makes a 7.62x39… and it’s in stock:

At some point I’ll pick up like a Savage 301 12 gauge and start accumulating some of these adapters as a SHTF long term contingency mitigation tool to be able to shoot whatever I can get my hands on. Maybe I’ll just pick up a 30-30 and 7.62x39 while they’re in stock.

Back
Top Bottom