• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.30 carbine ammo bulk

Just picked up a few treats at Cabellas. Love that place. They sell a brand of ammo called Herters. Never heard of it, but completely out of .30 carbine and desperate. Bought two packs of 50 rds. Anyone familiar?

Was looking for bulk. Anyone have luck getting bulk .30 anywhere?

Thanks.

There are a few members at my club that run heaters and wolf steel cased 30 carbine all the time.
I bought aquila in 500 round cases from the CMP before starting to reload.

Other than that there is not much for bulk 30 carbine out there.

There are a few members at my club that run heaters and wolf steel cased 30 carbine all the time.
I bought aquila in 500 round cases from the CMP before starting to reload.

Other than that there is not much for bulk 30 carbine out there.

this. cmp usually has bulk Aquila at ok prices. BULK usgi has become scarce and pricey. Still sitting on 2700 rounds of LC for my Inland's.

Just picked up a few treats at Cabellas. Love that place. They sell a brand of ammo called Herters. Never heard of it, but completely out of .30 carbine and desperate. .

Heter's was a huge mail order hunting/shooting/outdoorsman catalog company when I was a kid. My dad poured through that catalog like I did with the Sears Christmas catalog. I've bought that brand of ammo to shoot out of my Jungle Carbine, no problems at all

Heter's was a huge mail order hunting/shooting/outdoorsman catalog company when I was a kid. My dad poured through that catalog like I did with the Sears Christmas catalog. I've bought that brand of ammo to shoot out of my Jungle Carbine, no problems at all

thank you WBspectrum! The prices were much cheaper so makes me hesitate.

Last edited:

great, thank you!

Herter's is just repackaged stuff. Check the packaging and it should state the maker. I have used the Herter's Select Brass Cased in 9mm and .45 ACP which is S&B and has run fine for me. Believe the aluminum cased pistol ammo is by Blazer/CCI. Think the steel cased stuff is TulAmmo, but not sure.

Don, that's the FA version, right? If so, nice score!

Yes .
I can't wait for it to come in. Probably a month.

- - - Updated - - -

I was incorrect, sorry. The box I looked at was under the wrong section and therefore I Calc'd it wrong.

i can make 9mm for 5.5 cents a round. ;-)

Doesn't P,mag make 10 rounders?

A/O has them but pricy http://www.auto-ordnance.com/Long-Gun-Magazines/Auto-Ordnance-10-Round-Carbine-Magazine.asp

Look around the pre bans are out there.

Not sure if your still looking for mags , but Collectable Arms and Ammo in Merrimack had a bunch (24+) of WW2 M1 carbine mags in great shape last week. Various manufactures ...I bought a few...$25 each and well worth it. They had some M1 mag pouch (1952 version) and some M1 carbine stripper clips too. They always carry 30 carbine ammo...not sure but I think it was selling for around $23. Its the only place I know of that usually carries M1 carbine stuff! (and no they didn't have any carbines!)

Picked up some .30 carbine from Cheaper than dirt for $17/50 and shipped it to a friend. I also picked up a pair of mags and a pouch for my M1 from Northridge International the two mags and the pouch together was about $100 but the pouch seems legit and the mags were in good condition after a quick rub with some very fine steel wool.

Back
Top Bottom