• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

300 AAC Blackout availability?

300AAC was hard to find even online (never mind cheaper than 70-80 cents/round) long before Sandy Hook.
it's has been a niche round for some years and it'll be few more until it becomes a mainstay.
if you were silly enough to buy 300aac rifle then it's perfect time to start making your own ammo from 223 cases, otherwise good luck funding it and then raped.

300AAC was hard to find even online (never mind cheaper than 70-80 cents/round) long before Sandy Hook.
it's has been a niche round for some years and it'll be few more until it becomes a mainstay.
if you were silly enough to buy 300aac rifle then it's perfect time to start making your own ammo from 223 cases, otherwise good luck funding it and then raped.

I don't own a 300 AAC, debated building one. Research resulted with "don't be a retard"

Not aware of MA stores that stocked the ammunition. Before the panic it was under $11 a box online by places that don't ship to MA.

It does not need to be suppressed anymore than 7.62x39mm or 30-30. It is simply a way to shoot 30 caliber from an AR-15 platform.

I am actually the project lead for it at AAC, and am in MA, so I understand.

It is a good alternative caliber for MA because it uses pre-ban 30 round magazines at full capacity.

Last edited:
So is the suggestion that unless you are going to reload, it's "silly" to build a 300 AC upper setup?

101211od_ausa11137.jpg

Want.

It may be silly to have it as your only caliber, but if you have a 5.56mm and want a 300 BLK - then that makes sense to me.

Right now with the ammo panic there is a wait to get ammunition for it.

I like the variety and versatility (same lower and mags) of 300 BLK, will get into reloading eventually, and need something to do with a glut of lowers.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Originally, long before all the current events, I looked into 300 upper and determined I didn't want to do it just because of the availability of ammo issues. Now, it would rule it out before I even started. If that answers your questions.

I like the variety and versatility (same lower and mags) of 300 BLK, will get into reloading eventually, and need something to do with a glut of lowers.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Don't forget the same bolt as well.

Originally, long before all the current events, I looked into 300 upper and determined I didn't want to do it just because of the availability of ammo issues. Now, it would rule it out before I even started. If that answers your questions.

same here. about a year ago i seriously thought of building one. but not to repeat a mistake of my 7.62x25 AR i really researched availability and cost of ammo. it was very-very prohibitive. unless you have a rubber ammo budget to buy expensive ammo in several thousands at the time whenever it shows up some place OR if taxpayers pay for your ammo then i'd say just keep on walking.

Back
Top Bottom