300 Savage

I'd even call reloading an essential part of shooting weirdo calibers. I'm glad I bought 375 H&H when it was only $1.55 each, so I've got brass for now when commercial is more like $5. Availability and price kill a lot of good but not popular cartridges - unless you load.

41Mag, 7.5 Swiss, 7.62x45, 260 Rem, 8x57mm, 303BR, 22TCM, 280REM, 7.62x25, 375 H&H have all given me sticker shock or just been unavailable at some point in the last 5 years. Some I reload already, some I still haven't run through my milsurp yet. Luckily.

Gerry I agree the prices are crazy. I finally picked up a 300 savage and got 3 boxes of old reloads with it. But I pulled those down, weighed bullets to reuse and had about 50 good pieces of brass. Enough for me! The unknown powder went into the garden. Loading 150g or some 180 I had I'm in ballpark of $.45 ....if I use my old stock $25/1k primers!

Yup. I still have a few boxes of old 300 savage I got from you Gerry a few years ago. My dad and I have used them for practice in the model 99. He’s got a couple boxes of federal left which will probably last the rest of his life for deer hunting.

I did get dies brass and bullets to reload it in the event he runs out and/or I want to “plink” with my grandfathers model 99.
I have about 75 cases if I recall. I prepped some brass late last year but haven’t gotten around to loading any yet

I load some of those calibers and I think the 375 H&H is the most versatile caliber ever invented, if you reload.

Back
Top Bottom