• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

.32 Rimfire Ammo

JonJ

NES Member
Got a buddy/neighbor who has his father's old "something" (I can't remember what it is) rollong block rifle that fire .32 rimfire. Anyone have a line on where to get ammo for it? Nickle???

try a search for Black Hills Ammo- I think they specialize in old fashioned stuff, and cowboy rounds. A word of caution- some of theose old rimfires are designed for black powder cartridges with lower pressures.

32 rimfire

Navy Arms has periodically had runs of old rimfire ammo made, including 25 and 32. I have not seen anything recent, but check the auction sites. I recently picked up a box of 32 short RF for $40, because I had just picked up a Rem No. 4 solid frame in 32RF. I decided that hunting for 32 RF wasn't my idea of "fun", so I rechambered it for 32 S&W Long and converted the breech block to centerfire so I can shoot it more reasonably.

Resp'y,
Bob S.

LenS said:
Nickle said:
Jon, PM incoming.

Hey Nickle, don't tell me that your Father reloads .32 Rimfire! [roll] [lol]

That would be an impressive task! [lol] [lol]

Load, not reload. He does make 32 RF.

And yes, he has reloaded rimfire ammo. There isn't enough money to get him to do it again, though.

Nickle said:
LenS said:
Nickle said:
Jon, PM incoming.

Hey Nickle, don't tell me that your Father reloads .32 Rimfire! [roll] [lol]

That would be an impressive task! [lol] [lol]

Load, not reload. He does make 32 RF.

And yes, he has reloaded rimfire ammo. There isn't enough money to get him to do it again, though.

Color me impressed, I never heard of anyone reloading RF ammo!

Impressed, Hell NO.

Even Ira himself said it was a stupid thing to do (very dangerous). He was much younger at the time. Let's just say it was many years ago (before I was born), when he wasn't so mature.

Reloading rimfire ammo

I know this is late, but I Just came across it and wanted to reply.
Reloading rimfire ammo has been done for many years, the reason is alot of
ammo is no longer made or the cost is way out of line. I am a antique pistol smith and I have a number of 32rf and 41rf pistols. Both of these are no longer made as the company has stopped making them for 5 or more years.
They are making military ammo, the 32rf's are going for 165.00 and the 41rf's
sell for 200.00 per box of 50! IF you can find it. Punch in "reloading rimfire ammo" and you will find all the info, you need. I have reloaded both of these calibers and it is really easy to do. The cases can be reloaded 2 or 3 times.

You can still find super deals on the net

Howdy gent's, I just bought a full box of Navy arms 41 rimfire ammo on Auction Arms for 52.00 [wink]

Got a buddy/neighbor who has his father's old "something" (I can't remember what it is) rollong block rifle that fire .32 rimfire. Anyone have a line on where to get ammo for it? Nickle???

I believe it was www.natchezss.com had on occassion listed .32 rimfire. They used to get a batch from time to time from one of the smallish ammo companies that they sell...perhaps Ely.

Back
Top Bottom